General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Okay good. Proves Rafa can adequately deal in the transfer market. Maybe he can fleece others by selling Collins Dunne and Warnock again. Didn't WC Fields say that there was a sucker born every minute? Ha!

We bought him from Blackburn. I don't see what Rafa had to do with that one

Yeah, My bad. Well he shipped him to Blackburn didn't he? He can ship him back to Liverpool through Blackburn again for all I care.

CI randy will not give 20 million plus player sales. 8 million plus 50% is what i have been told

Neil Moxey the Midlands correspondent for the Daily Mail was on Talk Sport other day, he is under the impression from what he has heard that the new manager will be given significant funds to rebuild the squad, gotta be more than £8 million surely. Don't see us making much from player sales in transfer fees.

Bent £15m, Gabby £7m, Nzogbia £5m, Ireland £3m

That would mean the new man has £23m to spend to replace the 4 listed above and also Cuellar, Guzan, Heskey and Petrov.

Do you spend all day dreaming this shit up?

I am also led to belive that 3 of the 4 from Bent, Gabby, Nzogbia and Ireland have requested transfers away from Villa Park but time will tell.

Three players have put in transfer requests and nothing has been reported. Jesus, if you're going to make shit up make it close to believable

Glen Hoddle is moving up the betting table....

Which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

It means people are starting to bet on him.

Did I say we were chasing him? Did I present myself as some sort of mystical ITK?

No.

I merely stated the fact that I've noticed his move up the table and then went on to mention that there really isn't much to look at in terms of freely available managers.

Thanks for your input though.

Glen Hoddle is moving up the betting table....

Which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I will tell you how the bookies sh"f everyone in Management betting... OGS is into 18/1 tonight from 45/1 this afternoon on betfair even though he couldnt have made it any clearer that he was staying in Norwary.

Benitez is a good shout with great experience in his favour, can't see it happening though tbf, I had high hopes with the OGS saga but now it feels like dejavu. It's all quite depressing really, I hope i'm wrong, but I just have a hunch that the whole 'young manager that will get us back where we belong' crap is b*llcks to try get us back on side.

I know Ive been rambling on about Roberto Di Matteo but can I just state that its not because he'd be my first choice, far from it actually, it just that, the board in their previous appointments have gone for managers with PL experience and have won trophies in England, Di Matteo now ticks this box. The focal point of my post was Pep Guardiola has shortened up noticable for the Chelsea job today I do not know what he was yesterday but I do no Capello was 10/3 second fav and Pep is a mere 2/1 short now generally. This has had an obvious effect on RDMs position in the market pushing him out from a 4/7 shot to even money. The fact both Kalou and Bosingwa were allowed to leave for me means RDM will not be given the Chelsea job, as both played more than bit parts under his tenure. Infact I do believe he was to jet out on holidays today so it looks quiet clear he will not be given the job as they had all week to sort it while he was in the country. I cling to the hope Solskjaer is in place this time next week but alas it does not look to be. UTV

As unrealistic Benitez may seem, he must realise that he's been out of the management game for fifteen months I think I read earlier? That can be quite a while in football terms. I also think I saw an interview a while back where it claimed that he would like to stay in the UK as he loves the Premier League. Frankly, you would think that he might be waiting an awfully long time for one of the big clubs to come knocking at his door, and the longer he stays out of a job, the less appealing to the big clubs he will seem.

His priorities might have changed from being out of the game for so long. He might see us as an interesting proposition. A good youth team setup and a chairman wanting to have a manager in place for a long-term project, with some transfer funds available, if not quite as much as he would usually like.

Let's face it, the top teams on the continent aren't going to be asking him until he gets back into the game somewhere else and shows that he can still do the business. We might be the highest level of team that he could hope to manage at this point, certainly in the Premier League anyway.

I guess you never know. Not that I'm saying I particularly want him, but I'm warming to the idea.

I know Ive been rambling on about Roberto Di Matteo but can I just state that its not because he'd be my first choice, far from it actually, it just that, the board in their previous appointments have gone for managers with PL experience and have won trophies in England, Di Matteo now ticks this box. The focal point of my post was Pep Guardiola has shortened up noticable for the Chelsea job today I do not know what he was yesterday but I do no Capello was 10/3 second fav and Pep is a mere 2/1 short now generally. This has had an obvious effect on RDMs position in the market pushing him out from a 4/7 shot to even money. The fact both Kalou and Bosingwa were allowed to leave for me means RDM will not be given the Chelsea job, as both played more than bit parts under his tenure. Infact I do believe he was to jet out on holidays today so it looks quiet clear he will not be given the job as they had all week to sort it while he was in the country. I cling to the hope Solskjaer is in place this time next week but alas it does not look to be. UTV

Odds for manager means very little, they just reflect betting patterns. Yesterday it was mis reported that Guardiola would be looking to take a month away from football (actually said months). This transpired to lots of bets on him being the next chelsea boss.

For what it is worth.... A friend of mine is over in norway for the match tomorrow with an ex footballer who is friends with solskjaer. He called him whilst there to ask what happened and he said he owner had paid him shitloads more and asked him to stay one more year, but that then he is coming to england. By the sounds of it he really wanted tocome to villa.

Odds for manager means very little, they just reflect betting patterns. Yesterday it was mis reported that Guardiola would be looking to take a month away from football (actually said months). This transpired to lots of bets on him being the next chelsea boss.

I'm well aware of that fact, but that being said I still can not see RDM getting the Chelsea job, regardless of how long or short his odds are. I think Abramovic will not want to sack the man who brought him the holy grail so will not give him the job but a nice little cheque in his back pocket as a thank you. RL & PF then in my opinion will see a chance of appointing a CL winning manager and if RDM doesnt think hes too big for the job hell take it.

Why on earth anyone would want Hoddle or Benitez to manage Villa is beyond me.

Hoddle has done nothing in management and has been out of the game for so long now he'll be completely out of touch, as well as being a fruit loop. Absolute disaster if we get him.

Benitez fluked a European Cup with Liverpool and delivered naff all after that with a load of money wasted to boot. What would he do at Vila in the current situation?

Surely we’ve got to be looking at some one of the level of Lambert, Poyet, Martinez or Rodgers who are used to getting the best out of average players which will be supplemented by a couple of decent signings.

lolololol

Fluked his way to two European Cup finals and the highest points total not to win the PL title?

wow.

I actually feel sorry for Benitez, the English media really have **** his reputation which leads to comments like this. ^