General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

Firstly, playing free flowing entertaining football does not guarantee success and neither does playing boring hoof ball. To suggest we have a greater chance of success if we play dull football is fundamentally very flawed.

Secondly, I think nearly every supporter would want to at least try to play decent football. Let's face it, we aren't going to be winning anything anytime soon so why not at least be entertained each week rather than hold out for a 0-0 at Stoke.

Thirdly, I think you have picked an incredibly narrow period of time to back up your "THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON" comment...

Barcelona = 13 trophies in 4 years.

Chelsea = 5 trophies in 4 years.

This Barcelona team will be remembered for decades into the future... similar to Cruyff's Total Football. Chelsea will be forgotten.

5 trophies in 4 years will be forgotten??

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I agree, i don`t want him either, but i wouldn`t be suprised at all if they went for him if they can`t get lambert or martinez.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

Firstly, playing free flowing entertaining football does not guarantee success and neither does playing boring hoof ball. To suggest we have a greater chance of success if we play dull football is fundamentally very flawed.

Secondly, I think nearly every supporter would want to at least try to play decent football. Let's face it, we aren't going to be winning anything anytime soon so why not at least be entertained each week rather than hold out for a 0-0 at Stoke.

Thirdly, I think you have picked an incredibly narrow period of time to back up your "THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON" comment...

Barcelona = 13 trophies in 4 years.

Chelsea = 5 trophies in 4 years.

This Barcelona team will be remembered for decades into the future... similar to Cruyff's Total Football. Chelsea will be forgotten.

5 trophies in 4 years will be forgotten??

The reason why I would love to see Lambert here is because he would provide the best of both worlds.

He likes to play football the purist’s way but he is primarily a winner and is willing to employ whatever tactics necessary to get the best out of his players in any given match.

It's all gone a bit quiet hasn't it? Calm before the storm perhaps or is it just plain quiet?

Mantis - you made it through the night !!!!!

There seems to be a couple of triggers for action:-

1.Lerner arrives - something usually kicks off within a few hours

2.Round about 10.30 - people are getting glimpses of the next days papers

so in about 4 hours time - we will be discussing Gus Poyet - i guess (not itk)

It's all gone a bit quiet hasn't it? Calm before the storm perhaps or is it just plain quiet?

Yep, just counting down the days, before they unveil Big Micky Mac! It's coming people!! The end is nigh!!!

Surley if things get really bad.....and we are down to kmac\grayson\Mick - Alan Curbishley has to be better than those - he can keep a club in the prem on a small budget ........ Hes no Mourinho or Clough - but I can't see why we need to go lower than him.......

For where we are.....he would be a satisfactory appointment.......

I think that folk need to settle down after the brief OGS episode,he was one of a number of people who have been spoken to by the Board.

Any new job has to go through the proceedures,applicants,interviews etc,this is a massive appointment after the last two failures & RL & PF will want to get it right this time. Mc Leish only left his post 9 days ago and the Board have been and still are working towards appointing the right Manager,give them the time to come to the correct choice it is not a case of simply handing out a position as some Managers are likely to be in employment who want the job.