General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Actually the manager of our greggs wouldn't be a bad shout - loves his footy - and always talking villa wba, etc...............and...........he wasn't there this morning !
Would he need to uproot his family ?

I don't think he'd come but surprising how little there is about Moyes this time.

At the risk of being bombarded with abuse from those claiming to be ITK and from

all the experts out there, I wouldn't mind Glenn Hoddle on a two year deal. There, I've said it.

Why have the forum police shut down the OGS thread? Is it no longer a relevant topic for discussion?

Considering Lerner has small bollocks, I know it won't be Johnny Gregg, which is quite upsetting for me because in my eyes he's a legend!

The only other person I'd like to see given a crack is Curbs. I honestly believe that he would do to us what Pardew has done to Newcastle. I can't imagine us getting a foreign coach in, especially a relative unknown, it just doesn't work - AVB @ Chelsea, Gross @ Spurs.

We won't attract a top name because we don't have the finances to back them in the transfer window. Even with 2 big name signings, the team is rotten to the core and needs a steady re-build, which will only be done well, IMO, by someone who has associations with the club and understands the brand of football Villa 'should' be producing. Gregory gave us exciting, attacking football. Curbs done well at Charlton (basically where else could he have taken them?!) and then took the poison chalice that seems to be the West Ham job. This seems to have led people to believe he's a poor manager - the same brush Pardew got painted with.

Considering Lerner has small bollocks, I know it won't be Johnny Gregg, which is quite upsetting for me because in my eyes he's a legend!

The only other person I'd like to see given a crack is Curbs. I honestly believe that he would do to us what Pardew has done to Newcastle. I can't imagine us getting a foreign coach in, especially a relative unknown, it just doesn't work - AVB @ Chelsea, Gross @ Spurs.

We won't attract a top name because we don't have the finances to back them in the transfer window. Even with 2 big name signings, the team is rotten to the core and needs a steady re-build, which will only be done well, IMO, by someone who has associations with the club and understands the brand of football Villa 'should' be producing. Gregory gave us exciting, attacking football. Curbs done well at Charlton (basically where else could he have taken them?!) and then took the poison chalice that seems to be the West Ham job. This seems to have led people to believe he's a poor manager - the same brush Pardew got painted with.

I predict i will be one of the few people on here who agrees with you about curbishley. The guy is a good manager and would do well here.

I`m not really bothered about a managerial target getting me all excited, play decent football and get us top 9 and that will get me excited.

Good shout mate.

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I agree, i don`t want him either, but i wouldn`t be suprised at all if they went for him if they can`t get lambert or martinez.

Don't think so! He would not fit their criteria. If they cannot get Lambert or Martinez I’d imagine they will approach the likes of M Laudrup, Koeman, Poyet, Zola, Steve Clarke etc.....may even Philip Cocu

Read what i said, i said if they can`t get the guys they want then it wouldn`t surpise me if they turned to bruce.

Same thing as last year, we obviously had to turn to the likes of mcleish.

We shouldn`t assume that we can whistle and our first choices will come running.

Actually the manager of our greggs wouldn't be a bad shout - loves his footy - and always talking villa wba, etc...............and...........he wasn't there this morning !

He'd probably want a roll-ing contract.

Been out the game too long and does not fit in with the board description

Mcleish didn't fit the description last year.

This time next week I imagine they'll start panicking.

Not sure about that. I think the only description we had last year was prem experience ? He had that. To be fair to them they didn't say "successful" premier experience!

But I absolutely take your point. I do not think Curbs is a panic appointment, I think Grayson, Kmac , Clark or Mad Mick are the panic appointments in this race

Been out the game too long and does not fit in with the board description

Mcleish didn't fit the description last year.

This time next week I imagine they'll start panicking.

Thank you. In their minds mcleish was a good option, if we get snubbed a couple more times then bruce will come into the equation.

We don`t know their description either, whats vibrant to them may be a different idea of what is vibrant to somebody else.

He'd probably want a roll-ing contract.

:clap: eggcellent