General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

really hope it will be Domingos Paciência, since OGS is out of the picture. portugise managers seems to be the new thing. seems like he has done quite impresive in portugal, you could argue AVB stats in PL but i think its more got to do with some of the players in the squad thought he was underneath them rather than he being a bad manager. so for me either Domingos Paciência or AVB, but i really cant see AVB coming to villa park.

I definitely think that the new manager will be someone who is totally off our radar, this is for the reason that apparently they are interviewing a few candidates and we have not heard any clubs saying they have given permission for us to speak with any manager.

Either it is someone out of work or somebody out of this country with a club that can keep stum. any premier league team would be shouting from the rafters if they had been approached.

Guess we may be in for a suprise.

I suspect the situation is delicate (more so than most years) with Liverpool,Villa,WBA and possibly Chelsea looking for a manager,everyone holding their cards close to their chest it seems.

:notworthy:

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I agree, i don`t want him either, but i wouldn`t be suprised at all if they went for him if they can`t get lambert or martinez.

Don't think so! He would not fit their criteria. If they cannot get Lambert or Martinez I’d imagine they will approach the likes of M Laudrup, Koeman, Poyet, Zola, Steve Clarke etc.....may even Philip Cocu

Not that we know who they are after, but what makes you think the names you have mentioned would be the types that would be approached. Nothing in lerners history suggests he would even know of the majority of them

The interviewing of OGS has shown that they are spreading the net wider than before.

In fairness I am just guessing but if they can sniff out OGS then surely the likes of Michael Laudrup cannot go unnoticed.

Its Going to be somebody like this, We have tried the norm and are ready to try something different as in OGS, we would know if any prem manager had been approached at least by rumour but it is way too quiet, Reckon we should be looking at young foriegn managers doing well in their leagues for a clue.

René Girard,

Heiko Vogel,

Brendan Rodgers,

Domingos Pacienca,

Juan Ignacio Martínez,

Leonardo Jardim,

Lucien Favre,

Francesco Guidolin (Prolly off to Napoli)

One of these and I'll be happy.

You'd hardly be so good as to give a brief bio of each of these chaps! I don't really trust wikipedia!

I think we are in for AVB.. Liverpool have been making too much noise surrounding him and that will have possibly brought him to the attention of Lerner and Faulkner. I am sure he may have been on their radar anyway, but if AVB really is interested in one more go in the Premier League then he may prefer us as he gets to impose his own stamp on the club.

The tweets from Kendrick are deafening with their silence today.

Either day off or he's been told to keep his mouth shut by the club, I would surmise.

You do know Kendrick knows incredibly little and sits on VT all day? Good stuff, just clarifying.

This is true. I do just that.., Oh we talking about another Kendrick?! :D

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I agree, i don`t want him either, but i wouldn`t be suprised at all if they went for him if they can`t get lambert or martinez.

Don't think so! He would not fit their criteria. If they cannot get Lambert or Martinez I’d imagine they will approach the likes of M Laudrup, Koeman, Poyet, Zola, Steve Clarke etc.....may even Philip Cocu

Not that we know who they are after, but what makes you think the names you have mentioned would be the types that would be approached. Nothing in lerners history suggests he would even know of the majority of them

The interviewing of OGS has shown that they are spreading the net wider than before.

In fairness I am just guessing but if they can sniff out OGS then surely the likes of Michael Laudrup cannot go unnoticed.

I get what you're saying, just suppose it depends on who is advising them. Coincidently isnt ML out of work? Never seen his teams play and according to wiki 47.77% win rate. Would be a big name though

René Girard,

Heiko Vogel,

Brendan Rodgers,

Domingos Pacienca,

Juan Ignacio Martínez,

Leonardo Jardim,

Lucien Favre,

Speaking English is a prerequisite.

Just give it to Greggs.

Get him in as manager, Laursen in on the coaching set-up. Johnny-boy does the job for 2/3 season, which will be enough to ship the shit out and get some passion coursing through this club again and by the time he has a wobbler and threatens to shoot Samir Carruthers (who'll ask to go and join Man Utd) and can't cope with Barry Bannans' impending depression, the Dane will have done his coaching badges and be ready to step up.

Rock on.

Let's raid Lucien Favre from Mönchen Gladbach. He won Bundesliga coach of the year! C'mon Lerner. PPLLEEAASSEE?

That my friend would be really exciting. Doubt it would happen though!

René Girard,

Heiko Vogel,

Brendan Rodgers,

Domingos Pacienca,

Juan Ignacio Martínez,

Leonardo Jardim,

Lucien Favre,

Speaking English is a prerequisite.

That would rule out Lambert, King Kenny - and probably SAF !!