General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I agree, i don`t want him either, but i wouldn`t be suprised at all if they went for him if they can`t get lambert or martinez.

Don't think so! He would not fit their criteria. If they cannot get Lambert or Martinez I’d imagine they will approach the likes of M Laudrup, Koeman, Poyet, Zola, Steve Clarke etc.....may even Philip Cocu

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.

I wouldn't want him within a million miles of VP, but Bruce hasn't done a bad job over the years, and is certainly better than some of the names bandied about.

I agree, i don`t want him either, but i wouldn`t be suprised at all if they went for him if they can`t get lambert or martinez.

Don't think so! He would not fit their criteria. If they cannot get Lambert or Martinez I’d imagine they will approach the likes of M Laudrup, Koeman, Poyet, Zola, Steve Clarke etc.....may even Philip Cocu

I'm not convinced that the Board even know who those managers are..

I'm not convinced that the Board even know who those managers are..

To be fair to them they surprised us all with OGS

I never want to hear that word again 'Transition'. does my head in. anyway back to mangers.

YES: Lambert, Martinez, Poyet, Domingos Paciencia, Hughton, Rodgers

suppose so: RDM, AVB, Curbs, Ranieri

Scrapping the barrel: Clark, Kmac,Bilic, Bradley, Howe

NO!!: Grayson, Bruce, McCarthy and most others

Those are the ones i think we can realisticly get but i do hope we expand the search and find a hidden gem

I've been a bit quiet over the OGS rumour. I have always thought it needs to be Martinez he is no more of a risk than OGS and has more experience, so why ever not. Been hearing rumours we have some transfer money to spend this can only help the man.

It's all gone a bit quiet hasn't it? Calm before the storm perhaps or is it just plain quiet?

Mantis - you made it through the night !!!!!

What's that supposed to mean? :?

Hell yeah.......Ole who ?????

I definitely think that the new manager will be someone who is totally off our radar, this is for the reason that apparently they are interviewing a few candidates and we have not heard any clubs saying they have given permission for us to speak with any manager.

Either it is someone out of work or somebody out of this country with a club that can keep stum. any premier league team would be shouting from the rafters if they had been approached.

Guess we may be in for a suprise.

I've been a bit quiet over the OGS rumour. I have always thought it needs to be Martinez he is no more of a risk than OGS and has more experience, so why ever not. Been hearing rumours we have some transfer money to spend this can only help the man.

We've been down the Martinez road before - it's a dead end.

Not that we know who they are after, but what makes you think the names you have mentioned would be the types that would be approached. Nothing in lerners history suggests he would even know of the majority of them

My god I've heard it all now, somebody on twater has said Ally Fekkin McCoist is in the frame.
Interesting. A name not mentioned before, probably eager to get away from the mess that it Rangers, to the mess that is Villa!

Let's cut out the middle man and go straight to Rangers for the manager not wait to get them from another club

I feel very sick when I think of the last ex Rangers manager that we had.

I definitely think that the new manager will be someone who is totally off our radar, this is for the reason that apparently they are interviewing a few candidates and we have not heard any clubs saying they have given permission for us to speak with any manager.

Either it is someone out of work or somebody out of this country with a club that can keep stum. any premier league team would be shouting from the rafters if they had been approached.

Guess we may be in for a suprise.

I suspect the situation is delicate (more so than most years) with Liverpool,Villa,WBA and possibly Chelsea looking for a manager,everyone holding their cards close to their chest it seems.