General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Why dont we do something revolutionery, let the players manage themselves, just like politicians and when it comes to transfers the players decide who they want to be team mates with. Strongest player calls shotgun and everybody has to go along with it, survival of the fittest...

RDM is beginning to grown on me if Im honest clearly not wanted at Chelsea. Only lost 3 games since taking over, I know two were Liverpool & Newcastle when he rested players, what was the other as I cant recall? The stuff they played vs. QPR was lovely to watch, and he signed a few gems like Odemwingie for WBA who was electric in his first season. With regard the champions league he did what anyone of us would have done in the position, park the bus and pray when it comes up to Drogba he prodcues a moment of magic. So far 3rd in League One with MK Dons, 2nd in Championship with WBA & Champions League & FA Cup double with Chelsea & he's only 41.

Why dont we do something revolutionery, let the players manage themselves, just like politicians and when it comes to transfers the players decide who they want to be team mates with. Strongest player calls shotgun and everybody has to go along with it, survival of the fittest...

I thought Dunne and Collins did that anyway! :D

Didn't Rafa turn us down last year because of the lack of funding?

So, why would he come this year, when the squad is weaker and the finances are worse?

I don't get, unless I've missed something...

Agreed. Also - as with Martinez - isn't it utterly depressing to have to go grovelling after people who've already reportedly turned us down last time on the merry-go-round?

Look further afield, please Randy & Pauly...

PS. Where's the plane?

So last week was preliminary talks/phone calls from and to prospective candidates - OGS being one of them.

This week & next week it's second interviews/ further talks with the prospective candidates

In the meantime OGS pulled out of the running for "family reasons"

Then presumably an outstanding candidate will become apparent.

And we are surmising the candidates - RM, RDM, FSW, GP .... plus XXX/XXX?

If this is true then it At least sounds like the club are thinking outside the box and being very thorough.

We can but hope the right man will come out of this when due process has been carried out until then I don't know how anyone can call it.

We just have to be patient.. I mean they could finalise the search and give us Martinez tomorrow, but we will rue the day if FSW, AVB, RDM all come out of the woodwork saying "we would have taken the job if we'd been offered it"..

We can but hope the right man will come out of this when due process has been carried out and a few self proclaimed ITK's how spouted bollocks on twitter/message boards, until then I don't know how anyone can call it.

Fixed :winkold:

So last week was preliminary talks/phone calls from and to prospective candidates - OGS being one of them.

This week & next week it's second interviews/ further talks with the prospective candidates

In the meantime OGS pulled out of the running for "family reasons"

Then presumably an outstanding candidate will become apparent.

And we are surmising the candidates - RM, RDM, FSW, GP .... plus XXX/XXX?

If this is true then it At least sounds like the club are thinking outside the box and being very thorough.

We can but hope the right man will come out of this when due process has been carried out until then I don't know how anyone can call it.

I think definite latest date for appointing manager should be 1.6. If they go past that it's time to get really worried.

Martinez could well turn down Plop as apparantly they will have a director of football ,lloking lke van Gaal over seeing everything.He might want to be in control of transfers and team affairs

For me personally, the fact Martinez is even being considered for the Liverpool job shows how far that club has fallen. The names that were being thrown around the time Houiller left were of very high callibre, Jose, Rafa etc. I suppose the premiership has gone back an awful lot since then. I do have one question, if anyone could answer it, why oh why is Deadly Doug being involved in these managerial pursuits. Ive no doubt in my mind he would have been against McLeish.

Didn't rafa just end up buying average pages for big money and high wages?

I think Rafa would just mess us up again for the next one.

Yep!

Can't understand the Rafa love. He bought soooo much shite for Liverpool.

He also bought Torres, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Alonso and had Meireles lined up before he left. All of whom were playing in this years Champions League semi finals having been sold on for big fees.

He bought a lot of players, a number of them were top drawer.