General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Trond Sollied, loved him at Rosenborg and he did very well in the beginning in Belgium, but been up and down after that. But would propably have knowledge of talents in scandinavia, belgium, greece and the netherlands having managed in those countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trond_Sollied

Edit: looks like he has signed for Gent again.

Just as a point of interest, have a look at the managerial career of Alan Pardew:

- sacked by West Ham

- hounded out by the fans at Charlton

- sacked by Southampton

- Geordies absolutely distraught when he was signed for Newcastle.

- had Newcastle within a whisker of a CL place this season.

Many on this site would have shit kittens if we had brought him in to replace O'Neill or Houllier.

Yet some would probably give their left nut to have him down at the Villa now.

Yeah key example of the right manager for the right club... He could come to use tomorrow and still get relegated!

I would only have Pardew if Graham Carr came with him!

Just as a point of interest, have a look at the managerial career of Alan Pardew:

- sacked by West Ham

- sacked by Southampton

Many on this site would have shit kittens if we had brought him in to replace O'Neill or Houllier.

Prob give the other one for the Geordies chief scout!!

I see they're at again - they got that guy Amalfitano from Marseille on a free.

looks like OGS has gone down the shitter (not too bothered as I was one of the cautious ones that thought it too much of a risk)...

I don't think Paul Lambert has ruled himself out he just got pissed off talking about it when he hasn't even been approached

so out of the realistic possibilities in order of preference:

1. Benitez

2. Lambert

3. Martinez

4. Ranieri

5. Hoddle

6. Poyet

7. Clark

8. Curbishley

9. Any other young and hungry foreign manager with zero experience but has an impressive 45 minute youtube video to his name

If none of these are to be our manager then in my eyes it is going to be another truly horrific managerial appointment from RL and PF

- sacked by West Ham

- sacked by Southampton

Yeah key example of the right manager for the right club... He could come to use tomorrow and still get relegated!

And this is the thing - maybe in Lerner's eyes OGS wasn't quite right, or he wants to talk to each candidate to try and get it right this time.

There's no doubt that McLeish was a panic appointment, but I think this idea of picking someone out and just hiring them as people seem to think should be done is not without risks. Largely because it depends greatly on the needs of the club, the squad, fans' expectations, budget etc

Don't mean to come over as throwing my toys out the pram but hearing all the speculation about Solskjaer and that he was practically on his way got me really excited. I wasn't going to renew my season ticket but if he had come in I would have done. He looked like a long-term perfect match, bringing back exciting football to VP. Now I look at the remaining list of candidates and none of them stand out for me. Unless it's somebody amazing out of the blue I won't be renewing.

"According to sources in Portugal, Andre Villas-Boas wants to be considered for the Aston Villa job. It is believed that he still feels he has a point to prove in the Premier League and that the player power at Chelsea was too strong, but sees Aston Villa as a club where he can build a team of his own and imprint his footballing philosophy. Villas-Boas is seen as a contender for the Liverpool vacancy but has made public his interest in Aston Villa after Ole Gunnar Solskjær`s refusal to take the job, and 'would relish the opportunity to manage Villa` should Randy Lerner make contact with him regarding the post

Some guy on H&V. Don't no anything about it.

I refused to get my hopes up after OGS now. Ive had enough.

AVB off to Liverpool apparantly
"Apparently" is my new least favourite word. Surpassing "untenable" which held the crown for only a few weeks beforehand.

looks like OGS has gone down the shitter (not too bothered as I was one of the cautious ones that thought it too much of a risk)...

I don't think Paul Lambert has ruled himself out he just got pissed off talking about it when he hasn't even been approached

so out of the realistic possibilities in order of preference:

1. Benitez

2. Lambert

3. Martinez

4. Ranieri

5. Hoddle

6. Poyet

7. Clark

8. Curbishley

9. Any other young and hungry foreign manager with zero experience but has an impressive 45 minute youtube video to his name

If none of these are to be our manager then in my eyes it is going to be another truly horrific managerial appointment from RL and PF

You missed the likes of McCarthy, Bruce and some other shit managers off your list. Don't forget, Lerner has a history (at Cleveland Browns and Villa) of appointing useless pricks to manage his teams.

1. Benitez

How can you call benitez realistic?

yep it proabably is wishful thinking but if rumours are true we did contact him last year but he wanted too much transfer money...

if we can give him that this year then i'd like to see him here...

he's not getting the liverpool job so may be worth a shot...

doubt it though