Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be fine. As we know if theres one thing Randy and Faulkner can be trusted to do it's to smoothly hire a manager. All will be fine.

....where have you been for the last 3 years......

Its the irony and contrast of last year - when every villa was praying for the mcleish deal to hit a snag !..................

(well I suppose it did...he was crap!)

It'll be fine. As we know if theres one thing Randy and Faulkner can be trusted to do it's to smoothly hire a manager. All will be fine.

Its the irony and contrast of last year - when every villa was praying for the mcleish deal to hit a snag !..................

Funny you should mention irony and not detect the obvious sarcasm.

Yes- 50% of me is scanning twitter\newsnow\ vital forums - for those words 'Lambert Confirmed'

The Mrs is upstairs with her stockings on - but I can't drag myself from the keyboard ...... :lol:

Yes- 50% of me is scanning twitter\newsnow\ vital forums - for those words 'Lambert Confirmed'

The Mrs is upstairs with her stockings on - but I can't drag myself from the keyboard ...... :lol:

They are very nice stockings. At least they were.

We're not going to lose him Smetrov. The deal is done. We're getting Paul Lambert.

Nothing in football is guaranteed, I'm sure I remember reading last year Alex McLeish will not be our manager...

Calm down, Lambert has been negotiating for 2 days with RL etc so I'm pretty sure they know what he's all about and that they understand his contract.

I know it's just numbers but 800,000k is still 800,000k, if any of you are in business you will understand that you don't just hand over money if you don't have to. Remember once you spend any money then it can never be spent again so I don't blame RL for not just handing over some guilt money.

If RL's lawyers are saying Villa don't have to pay a penny then why would he go against their advise?

PL will be our new manager soon enough, compo or not.

:lol:

Nice irony there!

However, this time, if they **** up, it will take a heroic effort and will be a right royal **** up

...appropriate for a jubilee weekend? :shock:

Lambert will quite often change tactics and team depending on who your next opponent is, now that may sound obvious but there will be players going from the starting line up to the bench in consecutive matches and they and you'll wonder why, just trust him that he's right, coz he almost always is! Holt only started 24 matches last season from memory and yet scored 17 goals, the point being, Lambert knows what to do, and when to do it, very much a manager in the Martin O Neil mould and he still calls him the gaffer when he talks about him, so you know what I'm saying!
Funny how you talk about Lambert being very tactically astute (by the way I believe you) then go on to say he's in the Martin O'Neill mould. The fact that he's tactically astute is one of the things that separates him from MON. :lol:
Some day you must just give up your blind prejudice about MON, young man

Do the following figures help you?

6-6-6-9-15

Lambert will quite often change tactics and team depending on who your next opponent is, now that may sound obvious but there will be players going from the starting line up to the bench in consecutive matches and they and you'll wonder why, just trust him that he's right, coz he almost always is! Holt only started 24 matches last season from memory and yet scored 17 goals, the point being, Lambert knows what to do, and when to do it, very much a manager in the Martin O Neil mould and he still calls him the gaffer when he talks about him, so you know what I'm saying!
Funny how you talk about Lambert being very tactically astute (by the way I believe you) then go on to say he's in the Martin O'Neill mould. The fact that he's tactically astute is one of the things that separates him from MON. :lol:

6-6-6-9-15

6-6-6-9-16

6-6-6-9-15

Hmm.. i'll take a stab, are those the figures spent on Knight, Davies, Sidwell, Harewood and Reo-Coker respectively?

If not, perhaps the amount of weekday bevies Dunne, Collins & Warnock have down the Elephant & Castle?

I think the legal teams are going through this, the point is AVFC approached Norwich for permission, they refused but PL has a clause in his contract to say he can talk to another club, this is why he resigned. Then he started speaking to AVFC, as he's on a rolling contract they can't do a lot in my opinion.

Agree but he is the future king once Charlie abdicates

We will soon own not only Hollywood & The BoE but also all the blue blood in the commonwealth

Villa - world domination by stealth.

Maybe King Billy will introduce a new tax on all other PL clubs that has to go to the Villa! :lol: