Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I see that Randy does not seem keen to pay any compensation for Lambert. I think that his last 3 compensation packages have left a sour taste and he has probably got his legal team on the ball this time.

Extracting Lambert & Co past few weeks has obviously been like pulling teeth.

Fair play to Norwich though... We'd only want Villa to do the same surely?

Not really. I think that if a manager wants to better himself a club should not stand in his way. The fact that Norwich have been so awkward is one of the reasons for us not wanting to pay compensation and the reason for the delay.

Much as I don't like what he has said abourt Villa, Dave Whelan has played it quite craftily. He has allowed Martinez to talk to us and Liverpool. If he had refused, Martinez would probably have quit.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that Randy does not seem keen to pay any compensation for Lambert. I think that his last 3 compensation packages have left a sour taste and he has probably got his legal team on the ball this time.

Extracting Lambert & Co past few weeks has obviously been like pulling teeth.

Fair play to Norwich though... We'd only want Villa to do the same surely?

Not really. I think that if a manager wants to better himself a club should not stand in his way. The fact that Norwich have been so awkward is one of the reasons for us not wanting to pay compensation and the reason for the delay.

Much as I don't like what he has said abourt Villa, Dave Whelan has played it quite craftily. He has allowed Martinez to talk to us and Liverpool. If he had refused, Martinez would probably have quit.

Truth is that Martinez wasn't number one target for either club, this is why he's stayed at little Wigan.

It matters not whether he was first or fifth choice. Whether we were his. That he looks a bit like Martin O'Neill and sets his team up a bit like him.

It's an excellent appointment. Maybe not quite the balls out leap of faith of an OSG, but a man with clear previous at getting the best from some distinctly average players like we have now. He's also young, a wee bit hungrier perhaps than our last "special one" and one would hope less grating over time. Much like O'Neill we also have to wonder what will he do with better players, a bit of cash?

I'm almost certain he wouldn't have come here without a bit to spend plus a cart blanch on who stays and who goes. I'm almost certain Randy wouldn't hang him out to dry either. His backroom team excite me as well.

Very pleased. Very, very pleased. Congrats to all concerned.

The fact that naaarrrich have been so awkward is one of the reasons why Paul is pissed with them

Yip that's rumours off that place that shall not be mentioned on VT.

It matters not whether he was first or fifth choice. Whether we were his. That he looks a bit like Martin O'Neill and sets his team up a bit like him.

It's an excellent appointment. Maybe not quite the balls out leap of faith of an OSG, but a man with clear previous at getting the best from some distinctly average players like we have now. He's also young, a wee bit hungrier perhaps than our last "special one" and one would hope less grating over time. Much like O'Neill we also have to wonder what will he do with better players, a bit of cash?

I'm almost certain he wouldn't have come here without a bit to spend plus a cart blanch on who stays and who goes. I'm almost certain Randy wouldn't hang him out to dry either. His backroom team excite me as well.

Time for a sig change maybe?

Is this likely to be delayed until Wednesday?

I want to see Bert's angry face at B6 ASAP.

I'd be a little annoyed if they waited till Wednesday. Owners don't have weekends and bank hols.

It's more out of respect to the Queen. If villa go announcing things over the next 2/3 days, Charles and William etc will constantly be refreshing the sky sports website for confirmation of the appointment. We shouldn't try to steal her Majestys thunder.

Btw, wouldn't it be cool if we became Royal Aston Villa and had a crown above our badge :D

If his name would be Paolo Lambertini, there'd be lots of raving how exciting he is - which is kinda understandable.

There you lot go with that shite again.

I guess if it was Alexus Mcleshiati we would have been excited by his appointment as well. Come off it! :lol:

Is this likely to be delayed until Wednesday?

I want to see Bert's angry face at B6 ASAP.

I'd be a little annoyed if they waited till Wednesday. Owners don't have weekends and bank hols.

It's more out of respect to the Queen. If villa go announcing things over the next 2/3 days, Charles and William etc will constantly be refreshing the sky sports website for confirmation of the appointment. We shouldn't try to steal her Majestys thunder.

Btw, wouldn't it be cool of we became Royal Aston Villa and had a crown above our badge :D

Haha balls to that! Do you think half the countries bothered about respect to the queen, they're just happy to have an extra couple of days off work!

It's going to stay for a while as a reminder of just how utterly soul destroying the last 12 months have been down Villa Park.

When PL is confirmed everyone should get behind him 100% forget posting anything negative,remember how bad the last 12 months have been? Folks on here would have taken anyone a few weeks ago we were that desperate but it looks as though we have possibly got ourselves a very good young Manager this time.

It's going to stay for a while as a reminder of just how utterly soul destroying the last 12 months have been down Villa Park.

Haha, I saw him on SSN for something the other day. Sent a shiver down my spine!

We should be able to put the Royal Insignia on our shirts in the same way food suppliers to the royals can

Aston Villa

Official Team of HMQE II

Actually the Queen doesn't support us. William does though.

Agree but he is the future king once Charlie abdicates

We will soon own not only Hollywood & The BoE but also all the blue blood in the commonwealth

Villa - world domination by stealth.