Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all I could stomach.

I think you managed to stomach quite a lot!

Like I commented earlier in this thread, the posters on the Pink'un show unlimted capacity for self-delusion and petluance.

This is beginning to feel like, you know, when you split up with your girl friend (or boy friend as appropriate) and you find she's still following you and messaging you on facebook and you think you spot her once or twice following you in the street and then...you notice your pet rabbit is missing. :shock: :shock:

Ok, whats all this about a clause in his contract?
Something along the lines of whether PL can walk for free or whether Aston Villa will have to flip them a fiver and only sign his backroom staff on a weekday other than Tuesday and Aston Villa to lay on a leaving function with bowls of Smarties with the orange ones removed. But that's just one possibility. We're all just speculating at the moment.

No-one is seriously calling Villa a small club. I think most of us accept that Villa fall in the tier between us and the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

Lets park the contract point and see what happens - I agree it a bit boring just thought it was a bit rich us being accused of being small time when you are trying to get out of paying anything.

Re Culverhouse and Karsa no news our end but I think everyone (apart from a deluded few who think Culverhouse might stay) fully expects them to join up with lambert at some point over the summer once the whole compensation issue has been sorted out. I can't see that we would want them around since Hughton has brought in his own back room team and also given their closeness to Lambert. McNally's recent comments are clearly all with an eye on the ongoing negotiations/disagreements.

How about a token gesture of some compensation, but in exchange we get free grub on away trips to Norwich at Captain America's Hamburger Heaven? That'd be a fair deal.

I popped over and took a look at that Pink Un (???) forum ... GOOD GRIEF

What a bunch of bellends some of their supporters are

I've read quite a few posts on their claiming WE (well our board) conduct our business in public .. WHEN HAVE WE EVER DONE THAT ?

We've barely heard a whisper out of our owner since the day he brought our club. And he most certainly has NOT talked about Lambert or any other business to do with this deal in public at all.

I wish they'd get their facts straight. Bloody carrot crunchers

I popped over and took a look at that Pink Un (???) forum ... GOOD GRIEF

What a bunch of bellends some of their supporters are

I've read quite a few posts on their claiming WE (well our board) conduct our business in public .. WHEN HAVE WE EVER DONE THAT ?

We've barely heard a whisper out of our owner since the day he brought our club. And he most certainly has NOT talked about Lambert or any other business to do with this deal in public at all.

I wish they'd get their facts straight. Bloody carrot crunchers

I do find it funny how other sets of fans think they know our club better than we do.

Bitter and misinformed football fans aren't exclusive to Norwich I'm afraid. Every team has them, including us.

I'm liking this idea of using "the Scottish Cafu" as a makeweight for Culverhouse and Karsa though. It'd get another player off the wages too.

I can agree with not paying compensation for Lambert if Norwich were in fact in breach of his contract, that's what clauses are there for after all, but I'm not sure about Culverhouse and Karsa. Obviously no-one knows what's going on with that whole situation, how Norwich have acted, what their contracts stipulate etc. but assuming they learned from the balls-up with Lambert and have done nothing to break the terms of Culverhouse and Karsa's contracts then I think Norwich are entitled to some compensation.

But to be honest, no-one knows the details, so it's pretty pointless to speculate.

When Barry went to Man City, then later on Milner went.... there were plenty of Villa fans on all forums who were very bitter, claiming that it was a bad move for both players because Man City will collapse on itself with its spending, and egos. But it turned out both players have now played a part in winning the Premier League, Man City look far from collapsing and no one can really blame them for leaving.

Now Lambert has joined Villa from Norwich, we're seeing that same bitterness we showed towards Man City directed at us. It's only a matter of time til Lambert is backed financially and he will be successful here, then Norwich fans will look back on Lambert joining us thinking "Fair enough, can see why he went now".

The moral of the story is..... we're better than Norwich :lol: