Stay Up Keep Mcleish - Or Championship with New Manager

smetrov

I hope this doesn't get locked - and think it would be really intersting to have a poll added.

Many villa fans have said that we would be relegated next season anyway. I wasn't going to renew - at £600 for 2 season tickets to watch villa win 4 times is to rich for my blood.

The championship may cripple us financially - but with a new manager in place - we would at least see a few goals - and win some games.

The big problem is - will i approve of the next manager lerner appoints !

So the Poll - more of the same in the prem - or a fresh start in the less glamorous championship - a tough one ?

If relegation could cost the club £50 million does anyone think that Lerner will through another £3 or £4 million on top to remove him and bring in someone else?

McLeish has a track record of getting teams promoted............you can almost hear the words cant you!!

As much as I can't stand the cretin, Villa in the Championship is just not an option. I'd rather we survive by the skin of our teeth and then hopefully, if we're still this bad come Christmas, McLeish will be sacked and a new manager appointed.

I hate the argument "at least we'd win games regularly in the Championship". That is the kind of small time mentality you hear peddled by many noses and Wolves fans. They deserve no better, we do.

I would rather watch Championship football with a new manager than watch McLeish's boring, negative dross for another season and that is all it will be if we keep him because if we somehow survive he will surely relegate us next season so why put off the inevitable and suffer another year of pain in the process.

Newcastle proved that you can come back stronger, look what they have achieved.

I read some comments from a non Villa fan in a Norwegian forum (he is a Huddersfield fan that has followed Villa close) that said we would benefit from going down if that meant that we got rid of McLeish. He claimed that the youth players would crush the opposition in the Championship and that players like Weimann, Delfouneso, Albrighton, Bannan, Gardner, Delph, Herd, Lichaj and Baker would develop immensely.

Normally I don't pay too much attention to what other fans thinks, but it is obvious that he knows Aston Villa (considering he named all those young players). I think he may have a valid point, but I would rather not find out. The thought of McLeish as manager for Aston Villa next season is quite hard to stomach, though.

Its a hard question,If we stay up then as far as Lerner is concerned McIdiot has done his job and so he will keep his job.He will then go on to destroy this club gradually and all the players in it.

As far as winning games in the Championship goes, I hate that arguement FFS we could go a whole season unbeaten ( if we were in the Blue square division ) but who the **** wants to see that ?

Newcastle proved that you can come back stronger, look what they have achieved.

Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Bradford City, Barnsley, Sheffield United, Charlton Athletic, Middlesbrough, Derby County, Leicester City, Portsmouth, Watford, Crystal Palace, Ipswich Town etc etc...

Last time we were relegated we got lucky in that Doug managed to convince Graham Taylor to come and sort the mess out. I'm not so confident that Lerner will be so lucky, his track record doesn't point to being a great success at finding the right men. He'll probably ask Fergie, and we'll end up with Steve Bruce at the helm.

Â