Stay Up Keep Mcleish - Or Championship with New Manager

smetrov

Getting relegated is most definitely NOT the answer. Under no circumstances do I want Villa to go down. Pull yourselves together and hope and pray it doesn't happen. What will be will be. If Randy doesn't think that the falling attendances and the dire football, the angst from the fans against the Manager isn't enough to sack him then more fool him. BUT, relagation is not the answer.

If we went down, I'd be disappointed that I wouldn't be able to watch every game. I can't afford to go to as many games as I'd like to, so Premier League streams have been a lifeline in the past couple of seasons. Not missed a game whether it be live, streamed or in a pub for 3 years, but guess I will if we went down. Would ticket prices drop significantly if we got relegated?

Going down would be an absolute **** disaster! Keep McLeish and stay up (ideally stay up and lose McLeish).

I've been to see Forest play a few times this years and thats been around £27 a ticket.

Amazing there is so little difference between the leagues.

I'm sure his position would be untenable if we get relegated, there is too much bad feeling......

but Randy wont sack him :!:

To all those people who would rather stay up and keep McLeish than go down and have a new manager I ask the question - What do you think will be achieved at Villa over the next couple of seasons under McLeish?

Newcastle proved that you can come back stronger, look what they have achieved.

Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Bradford City, Barnsley, Sheffield United, Charlton Athletic, Middlesbrough, Derby County, Leicester City, Portsmouth, Watford, Crystal Palace, Ipswich Town etc etc...

Just read those team names that you have listed. They are not nor ever have been in the same bracket as Aston Villa. They are nothing teams and have been for a long time. Why don't you go the whole hog and mention Accrington Stanley?

Because they have never been relegated from the Premier League so aren't relevant to this discussion maybe??

Yes I was being facetious mentioning some of those sides BUT how can you possibly say these teams are not or ever have been in the same bracket as Aston Villa? How many times did Forest win the European Cup?

depends..if we stay up,i get the feeling randy will give AM funds to build his side, if we go down which i think hand on heart we will, AM must & will be sacked,as fans its lose/lose..the whole club feels dead,from top level to pitch,very sad time & worse to come,carnt see RL funding the team,no sign of arabs to take over,no sign of a better manager..if only randy got in moyes in instead of the last two managers

depends..if we stay up,i get the feeling randy will give AM funds to build his side, if we go down which i think hand on heart we will, AM must & will be sacked,as fans its lose/lose..the whole club feels dead,from top level to pitch,very sad time & worse to come,carnt see RL funding the team,no sign of arabs to take over,no sign of a better manager..if only randy got in moyes in instead of the last two managers

But even if we stay up - we are only delaying the inevitable if Mcleish stays. Our passing is dire - most championship sides pass the ball better than us -look at £14m gets you via Mcleish Hutton and Nzogbia

I have been thinking a lot about this recently. And a part of me (altho of course I want to stay up) can not for one second longer stomach any more of this garbage.

I have totally lost interest atm since his pathetic interview post match Arsenal (yes it pissed me off if nobody has noticed). I have had opportunities (get very few due to work commitments) to go to games since and refused.

Im past worried about going down. After last night I have accepted it and anything else is a bonus really.

A few other issues for me are - if we do go down, will they actually sack him. Im not sure

and

Will a new manager be able to turn overpaid tosspots into professionals who give 100% - doubt it.

Passed caring - Horse racing very quickly taking over my sporting life.

But even if we stay up - we are only delaying the inevitable if Mcleish stays. Our passing is dire - most championship sides pass the ball better than us -look at £14m gets you via Mcleish Hutton and Nzogbia

i have posted this before..i would rarther drop out the rat race of the "promised land" ,drop in the championship,sack the muppet,get in a manager who plays football,build a solid foundation of a team like swansea/norwich have & done.im not intrested in staying in this league with tis manager & team who @ucking roll over in game & have their tummy tickled..sorry rant over

I'd take going down to the 2nd division, definitely. I'd go down on Margaret Thatcher if I thought it'd get rid of Eck and aid us into getting a younger more maverick type manager with some ideas about how to build a future that doesn't involve camping in your own 18 yard box.

I am never going to go and watch another season of this crap, so relegation is easily my preferred option. Don't care at all about the costs, plenty of lower league fans still enjoyed this season, whereas I have hated every last minute of it.

RL can't be this blind, attendances are dropping at an alarming rate, the football is dire, the fans are protesting.. I mean how can RL just ignore all these signs that his project has failed... We need a fresh start, clear out the old players, clear out the old manager (AM) and clear out the old board members and people running the club...we need a re shape of the club from the board level, right down to the Pitch....

RL can't be this blind, attendances are dropping at an alarming rate, the football is dire, the fans are protesting.. I mean how can RL just ignore all these signs that his project has failed... We need a fresh start, clear out the old players, clear out the old manager (AM) and clear out the old board members and people running the club...we need a re shape of the club from the board level, right down to the Pitch....

I agree, but nothing he has shown me so far points to Randy having the competens to find the right people and making the right decisions for this rebuild.

And then there is the financial side...

For us to get a clean fresh start Randy Lerner also has to go

(and to stay on topic: we need to stay up at any cost)

We have to stay up.The last thing I want to see is another Sheffield W,Coventry,Leeds etc.To stay up McGutless has to go.Just about anyone could take over because the players we have are good enough to be in mid table,all they need is someone who has the brain to make intilligent decisions eg: lets try to win a game,lets attack,lets not go for a 0-0 result,lets have a go at the "elite" teams and lets not bring on a sub with 2 minutes to go when we need a goal badley ( Delfonso ) its not his fault but for crying out loud he has not played for a couple of months ?!

I dunno. I can see the argument that ANY change could lift the mood and get the fans on side, and the players up for it again.

But that was the thinking behind Wolves sacking McCarthy and putting Terry Connor in. Didn't work, did it?

I dunno. I can see the argument that ANY change could lift the mood and get the fans on side, and the players up for it again.

But that was the thinking behind Wolves sacking McCarthy and putting Terry Connor in. Didn't work, did it?

Its not the same comparison.The Wolves players are not mid table.So I think it would work :)

Its not the same comparison.The Wolves players are not mid table.So I think it would work :)

Our current players still fit (after taking out those that are injured) are probably more lower than mid-table. A lot are young, and they might become mid-table over time, but their current skill/experience level is near the bottom of the prem. in my opinion of course.

Â