Stay Up Keep Mcleish - Or Championship with New Manager

smetrov

Read an Article where Gary Thompson describes the change Graham Taylor brought into the club and made the team more disciplined and he said that is exactly what is needed now. A clearout and some standards brought back into the club.

Going down to the then 2nd Division didnt kill us back in 87. In fact the ten years that followed were most enjoyable - give or take a couple of years.

Going down to the third didnt kill us in 69. In the end we came back stronger than ever.

Yes it isnt a good thing but it isnt a total disaster. A chance to refocus get rid of the chaff and shit managers. Get an up and coming manager who would love to rebuild a major team and we could be okay. Financially hit yes but the as said before the youth players will have a chance to establish themselves.

They still be Villa and I will still support them. If McKnob stays I will be watching from a distance.

Yeah wolves were destined to go down because they have Championship players..we dont for the most part.

Agree 100% also don't forget that doing things like playing Gabby on the wing, Ireland on the wing while Albrighton is on the bench, Herd in defence while Warnock is on the bench and bringing Delfonso on with 2 minutes to go ( he has not played for months ) decisions like that are pathetic to say the least.

Yeah wolves were destined to go down because they have Championship players..we dont for the most part.

Agree 100% also don't forget that doing things like playing Gabby on the wing, Ireland on the wing while Albrighton is on the bench, Herd in defence while Warnock is on the bench and bringing Delfonso on with 2 minutes to go ( he has not played for months ) decisions like that are pathetic to say the least.

Yeah having that ginger idiot in charge has really not helped us, he has no clue what he is doing.. With the right manager in charge I believe we would have been at least Mid table by now, even with all the injuries.

So the question as I see it is, I'm gonna get my bollocks cut off. You want to know whether I would like that done quickly with a sharp knife, have pain killers administered and then begin the healing process soon......ooooorrr do I want to have them cut off gradually using a spoon that will take around twelve months without any pain killers delying the healing process?? Hmmmm.......not much of a choice there is there?? The sooner McLeish leaves Aston Villa the better. If that means going down then so be it, at least the healing process will begin soon.

HOWEVER.......I cannot see how whether we stay up or go down Randy has any other option but to terminate his employment. For those that argue he can't afford to sack him I would argue he can't afford NOT to sack him.

Our attendance is down around 6000 on average this season. Over a season at £25 average ticket price thats around £3m. That could rise to 10000 or more if AM stays. Thats almost £6m. If we do go down and he keeps AM that will compound the lost revenue from attendances even further so if we go down it makes sense to get rid of him even more because Lerner will realise he will need all the fans money and support he can get.

For those on here that have the opinion Lerner should go and is clueless I would say this. Lerner is guilty of the following:

1. Not listening to his fan base or understanding the gravity of appointing McLeish. I can understand this to a certain extent because as a boss sometimes you have to take an unpopular decision and go with what you believe over the advice of others. The skill in making these decisions is being honest enough to go, ok I **** up there I need to put that right. I think (hope) Randy is wise enough to do this. I'm confident this will be the case if you read point 2

2. Allowing MON to have too much say in the running of the club that ended in poor financial decisions being made that we are having to rectify now. This would have happened regardless of the manager and I believe the way the club is being run from a finance point of view is the right way now to ensure Villa do not become the next Leeds / Pompey.

3. Listening to people who are giving him very poor advice on football matters. I think we'll probably find that Randy has learned (if you'll excuse the pun) a great deal about running a football club, Aston Villa as a business and an institution this season and also whom he should not have any trust in the next time they offer advice.

I think Randy is an excellent patron of Aston Villa who undoubtedly has the good of Aston Villa and its long term future at heart he just listens to the wrong people in the critical matters. I don't imagine a man as wealthy as he is will not use the experience of this season and come back better for it.

For those who want rid of him, I understand that point of view and can see where its born from but as the old saying goes be careful what you wish for cos we might just get it!! ( see Venky's / Gillette's / Shinawatra / Yeung / Sullivans)

RL can't be this blind, attendances are dropping at an alarming rate, the football is dire, the fans are protesting.. I mean how can RL just ignore all these signs that his project has failed... We need a fresh start, clear out the old players, clear out the old manager (AM) and clear out the old board members and people running the club...we need a re shape of the club from the board level, right down to the Pitch....

I agree. When Randy and Faulker are moved to making a public statement then you know McLeish must be buggered. Let's hope he can do one final decent act and keep us in the league but I am struggling to see where we're getting points in the last few games. If we do get relegated then I don't think it's as financially disastrous as it once was, but only if we bounce back in the first season. We will find it easier to shift the dead wood, the youngsters will get a chance under hopefully a better manager who plays decent football. But hopefully we stay up and McLiesh goes anyway.

RL can't be this blind, attendances are dropping at an alarming rate, the football is dire, the fans are protesting.. I mean how can RL just ignore all these signs that his project has failed... We need a fresh start, clear out the old players, clear out the old manager (AM) and clear out the old board members and people running the club...we need a re shape of the club from the board level, right down to the Pitch....

But hopefully we stay up and McLiesh goes anyway.

This would be the perfect scenario.

So the question as I see it is, I'm gonna get my bollocks cut off. You want to know whether I would like that done quickly with a sharp knife, have pain killers administered and then begin the healing process soon......ooooorrr do I want to have them cut off gradually using a spoon that will take around twelve months without any pain killers delying the healing process?? Hmmmm.......not much of a choice there is there?? The sooner McLeish leaves Aston Villa the better. If that means going down then so be it, at least the healing process will begin soon.

HOWEVER.......I cannot see how whether we stay up or go down Randy has any other option but to terminate his employment. For those that argue he can't afford to sack him I would argue he can't afford NOT to sack him.

Our attendance is down around 6000 on average this season. Over a season at £25 average ticket price thats around £3m. That could rise to 10000 or more if AM stays. Thats almost £6m. If we do go down and he keeps AM that will compound the lost revenue from attendances even further so if we go down it makes sense to get rid of him even more because Lerner will realise he will need all the fans money and support he can get.

For those on here that have the opinion Lerner should go and is clueless I would say this. Lerner is guilty of the following:

1. Not listening to his fan base or understanding the gravity of appointing McLeish. I can understand this to a certain extent because as a boss sometimes you have to take an unpopular decision and go with what you believe over the advice of others. The skill in making these decisions is being honest enough to go, ok I **** up there I need to put that right. I think (hope) Randy is wise enough to do this. I'm confident this will be the case if you read point 2

2. Allowing MON to have too much say in the running of the club that ended in poor financial decisions being made that we are having to rectify now. This would have happened regardless of the manager and I believe the way the club is being run from a finance point of view is the right way now to ensure Villa do not become the next Leeds / Pompey.

3. Listening to people who are giving him very poor advice on football matters. I think we'll probably find that Randy has learned (if you'll excuse the pun) a great deal about running a football club, Aston Villa as a business and an institution this season and also whom he should not have any trust in the next time they offer advice.

I think Randy is an excellent patron of Aston Villa who undoubtedly has the good of Aston Villa and its long term future at heart he just listens to the wrong people in the critical matters. I don't imagine a man as wealthy as he is will not use the experience of this season and come back better for it.

For those who want rid of him, I understand that point of view and can see where its born from but as the old saying goes be careful what you wish for cos we might just get it!! ( see Venky's / Gillette's / Shinawatra / Yeung / Sullivans)

That's exactly how I see it too. Good post.

Â