ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

This season I've been nothing but left fed up and disappointed after pretty much every home game. I now find going to Villa Park a chore than an enjoyable experience.

I've made a deal with the Mrs.. If AM is still in charge by late July, I will not buy my season ticket and use the £1000 ive saved for the season (petrol, parking, food etc) on an extra holiday in the Autumn. The 3 other people I go with have all agreed that if AM is in charge they will not renew either.

Just had a funny moment with Nicole Keye, telling me that it's on the official website, then she couldn't find it, thats because it's on not on there it's probably a size 6 font on the terms and conditions. I say the way you promote the payment plan, shouldn't there be something on the official site, well don't they look a bit silly. Well their looking into finding out the refund policy now so i will wait to hear tomorrow!

Just tell them you want your money back.......and pronto ! - as others have said legislation in the terms of a cooling off period and the fact that the goods are un used should get you a refund.

Its the laws what matters - you can't insert a clause into terms and conditions - to exempt yourself from the law.

I've had 2 calls from the ticket office today and i've spoken to two different people. As i posted a little earlier i have articulated my frustration with the style of football etc in the hope the message may get back to the board.

What i can't understand is the timing of the phone calls. If the club was ringing around at renewal deadline date to stimulate the sales i'd understand it but to be doing so before this season ends makes me wonder if there is an ulterior motive behind this?

Maybe i'm clutching at straws but having spent 10 years working for a couple of US organisations i know how meticulous they can be when circumstances dictate.

Like i said maybe it's just wishful thinking.....

I've had 2 calls from the ticket office today and i've spoken to two different people. As i posted a little earlier i have articulated my frustration with the style of football etc in the hope the message may get back to the board.

What i can't understand is the timing of the phone calls. If the club was ringing around at renewal deadline date to stimulate the sales i'd understand it but to be doing so before this season ends makes me wonder if there is an ulterior motive behind this?

Maybe i'm clutching at straws but having spent 10 years working for a couple of US organisations i know how meticulous they can be when circumstances dictate.

Like i said maybe it's just wishful thinking.....

I have had 4 phone calls in the last 2 weeks from Villa ticket office. I decided to answer yesterday. Told Donna at VP that I would not be renewing my 2 season tickets at over £1000 and I bluntly told her the reason why. She thanked me for my feedback and honesty and then informed me that all calls are recorded.

Hopefully Lerner plays them back!

Desperation. If you are struggling to shift Premier League season tickets at the more than reasonable price of £300 then you have massive problems. Year on year sales are obviously down on last season by a significant amount and the club are desperate to find out why. If the feedback from the fans is overwhelmingly anti McLeish then it might lead to him being sacked, but given the awful way each of the last two summers chase for a new manager have been handled why would anybody have any faith in Lerner and Faulkner to do a good job this time?

Lerner needs to take a step back and do what he did and had the same ambition as when he took over Villa, unfortunately for him as a business man he has many more fences in his way, IE Man City, Spurs and maybe even Liverpool. that's 6 teams (Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea) hoping to get that top 4 spot before we even try. 7 is a real gamble but it could get worse, other clubs like Everton and Newcastle are a good target for a business and to try.

Lerner joined Villa 5 years to late, I am sure it would of been different now if he came 5 years earlier, but it wasn't meant to be and it never seems to.

VTID.

It is a sad state of affairs at villa park at the moment i know that myself and 5 members of my family who all attend the games with me will not be renewing our season tickets next season. I agree with peoples comments previously that going to the games has at times felt more like a chore than anything else, the first time i really noticed this was the everton game at home. Walking towards the ground from aston station there was an earely silence the whole way and looking around me people didnt really look as though they wanted to be there at all. From then it has been pretty much the same story each home game.

However the last couple of games i have been motivated and optimistic about going to watch our youngsters play because they are more passionate to play than half of our senior players have been all season, the chelsea game summed this up even though we lost 4-2 to start the second half the way they did and get the equaliser made the result alot less painful.

Hopefully they can get a result this weekend as i would hate more than anything to see O'Neill walk away with 3 points. I am more than confident we can stay up this season but unless Lerner changes sorts the situation out unfortunatly i will not renew.

UTV!!!

As this poll is so small and probably not reflective of the grand scheme of things, I wonder whether over a third of season ticket holders would really pay to watch shit again next season.

I wonder if how the voting has gone on here is indicative of how other Villa forum's have voted?

There is only one way to find out.

Fight!!!!!

Ooops, sorry, just had a Harry Hill moment.

Just saw this comment and it made me think

I remember 'The General' saying "Don't worry, there will be plenty ready to grab your seat if you give it up.", when people talked about giving up their season tickets in protest.

Where is 'The General' now?

(quote from vital villa)

I remember 'The General' saying "Don't worry, there will be plenty ready to grab your seat if you give it up.", when people talked about giving up their season tickets in protest.

(quote from vital villa)

when did he say that? was it after McLeish was hired?

No.

Part Mc Cleish, part other.

Going to the villa sometimes this season has felt like a chore, rubbish football, rubbish matches, rubbish atmosphere. I feel like i have better things to do on a saturday .

Football in a whole is ruined and is going out of control. Over paid players/managers/refs .

Definate 100% no way.

Well I can't vote as I'm not a season ticket holder, but I haven't been at all this season because of McLeish as there is no way I can justify a near on 270 mile round trip to watch the dross served up, if I was a season ticket holder though and I'd received a desperate cold call from Villa asking me to renew they'd have got both barrels telling them where to stick it, change manager and I'm back with my 4 year old son who I'm trying to get into football and support the Villa.

(quote from vital villa)

What a joke he was.

He didn't have a clue