ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

Why not just meet up beforehand in the pub and stay in there whilst they go to the game and save yourself £500 p.a. and a lot of heartache watching grown men cry as Lerner, Falkner and McLeish continue to trash our club.

Well, A) it was only £295 this year...

B) It's not the same. I do enjoy being in Villa Park, being in the atmosphere and I guess I do enjoy the football on the rare occasion we win.

The point I was trying to make was, whether we're playing amazing and challenging at the top, or playing shite like we are now and in a relegation battle it makes no difference..... I will buy a season ticket because I enjoy the day out with other people who go.

I have fun on match days and I will not let McLeish or Lerner ruin that for me.

:D

A chap who I work with isn't renewing for other reasons than Mcleish (yes I know !)

He had his call - and mentioned that he might buy a half season ticket in jan - he was told:-

1.There isn't going to be a half season ticket 2012/3

2.The number of cheap offers 2012/3 will be greatly reduced.

He also said the person was pretty persistent - and was like one of those cold calls trying to sell you a mobile phone package.

Sounds pretty desperate to me !

A chap who I work with isn't renewing for other reasons than Mcleish (yes I know !)

He had his call - and mentioned that he might buy a half season ticket in jan - he was told:-

He also said the person was pretty persistent - and was like one of those cold calls trying to sell you a mobile phone package.

Wasn't Paul Faulkner, was it?

Wasn't Paul Faulkner, was it?

No he was busy with his calculator trying to figure out if we can still make Europe this season. The good news is he still thinks we have a chance. :)

Another factor is how many 'new' season ticket holders are we going to attract - I reckon this figure could be pretty close to Zero ?

They've got 1 in me. :thumb:

I'm not having a go, but why would you want to spend hard earned money watching utter dross ?

Because the football is completely irrelevant for my decision making in buying a season ticket. I go for a day out with friends and have a laugh in the pub. The football is just there as an excuse for people to meet up.

I've read some bizzare things on here in my time but this is right up there.

Why dont you and you friends just go to the pub, if you have no interest in football, or a villa team playing football?

Or for the same money...I dont know...Alton Towers, Europe??

Because the people I see are all married, have children and other commitments and live far away. It's the only way we get to consistently meet up. Plus they've all been going to Villa Park for over 20 years, it's only me who isnt really that bothered about the football.

Though, they are not actually sure if they are renewing so if they don't, I will be sending my season ticket back.

To think people only go to Villa Park just for the football seems bizarre to me. It gives friends from all over the country to meet up, go to the pub and watch a game and have a laugh.

I do know where you are coming from on this but I did smile somewhat grimly at you last comment.

I am seriously wondering when I or perhaps any of us last 'had a laugh' at Villa Park.

And what the Villa ticket office employee really meant to say was:

1. "There will be loads of half season tickets for 2012/13 as we will be desperate to make some sales"

and;

2. "The number of cheap offers for 2012/13 will be greatly increased as we will be desperate to make some sales".

They wont let that out and if they were to give a figure out it would not be the truth. If people knew that at this stage there were only 3000 tickets sold and that a vast number of those were in the £295 seats then fans would consider the option of not getting one either. Whether this would be to just follow suite or worry about atmosphere I dont know.

Well my season ticket is going back. God help them if they don't give me my money back, I shall have them under the trades description action of pretending to be a football club.

The sad thing is my lad is who is 8 is / was having a season ticket for the first time, it will break his heart when I tell him. Thank you Lerner.

If they sack McLeish and bring in a manager who wants to play football I will renew, Championship or not. Stick with this clown and and they've no chance.

I'm wondering how many of the no's are multiples as I buy my sons ST and there are three others who sit with us that aren't renewing either so you can add another 4 on to the NO list at least.

It's now time for me to renew my 3 STs. We went to Villa Park when we were in division 2 so my family aren't going to bottle it now.

I've asked around the ST holders surrounding me in the Upper Holte and, despite the VT poll, no one has said they're not renewing.

We'll still no doubt lose at least 1 in 5 current ST holders but we'll just have to shout and sing 20% louder!

:flag:

How about this for a protest idea? For the Spurs game, all those that say they aren't going to renew their season tickets come in 5 minutes after kick off. That should send the message loud and clear to Lerner at what he'll be faced with if he persists with McLeish.

Our attendance this evening was reported as 32, in reality its was easily under 30k and by quite some way. A sign of things to come next season I think.

Very much way under! Unlike Bolton Sunderland filled the bottom tier as well as the top yet we had 32,000 on saturday too! Loads of empty seats and there is no way that they are just fiddling the numbers by season ticket holders not turning up.

If they sack McLeish and bring in a manager who wants to play football I will renew, Championship or not. Stick with this clown and and they've no chance.

I'm wondering how many of the no's are multiples as I buy my sons ST and there are three others who sit with us that aren't renewing either so you can add another 4 on to the NO list at least.

This!

I asked around by me in the upper Holte last night about renewal and 1 out of 8 said yes and most of the others said if AM goes they will even if we go down.

After last night its a no from me as long as McLeish remains in charge whatever division we are in.

Oh and that's me and my son plus my mate and his son so that's four tickets in total.

Nicola Keye monitors these forums, we know that and though I expect no reply I would like to offer my sympathy to her as she has done a great job in that ticket office but is being been forced into a situation that she has no control, brought upon her by a poor decision by the chairman and rubbish team management.

I have not been able to give my spare tickets away this season as nobody wants them, welcome to my world Nicky, speak to your chairman and tell him what will happen if he doesnt swallow his pride and admit defeat by sacking AM.