ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

We'll still no doubt lose at least 1 in 5 current ST holders but we'll just have to shout and sing 20% louder!

If we lose 20% and you sing 20% louder it will still be less than the original though ;)

Considering the circumstances, I think the club would settle for 96%!

Nicola Keye monitors these forums, we know that and though I expect no reply I would like to offer my sympathy to her as she has done a great job in that ticket office but is being been forced into a situation that she has no control, brought upon her by a poor decision by the chairman and rubbish team management.

I have not been able to give my spare tickets away this season as nobody wants them, welcome to my world Nicky, speak to your chairman and tell him what will happen if he doesnt swallow his pride and admit defeat by sacking AM.

Lets not forget Aston Villa, as all football clubs are in theory, in the market to provide entertainment and excitement and this season we have had precious little of either.

OK VT is generally frequented by a committed group of fans who feel strongly about the club and want to air their views and yet 62% of those fans are saying they will not renew.

Perhaps in the end many will renew and say the number is half that that at 30% but that is committed fans. If you factor that across our home support the numbers start to look quite scary in terms of attendances and that does not even allow for the less committed (and I don't mean that in a bad way) fans.

I'm sure the club must keep a count of the actual attendances rather than the published numbers which must be sub 30k already. Factor in the projected loss next season and if I was the owner I would be very worried.

Nicola Keye monitors these forums, we know that and though I expect no reply I would like to offer my sympathy to her as she has done a great job in that ticket office but is being been forced into a situation that she has no control, brought upon her by a poor decision by the chairman and rubbish team management.

I have not been able to give my spare tickets away this season as nobody wants them, welcome to my world Nicky, speak to your chairman and tell him what will happen if he doesnt swallow his pride and admit defeat by sacking AM.

Lets not forget Aston Villa, as all football clubs are in theory, in the market to provide entertainment and excitement and this season we have had precious little of either.

OK VT is generally frequented by a committed group of fans who feel strongly about the club and want to air their views and yet 62% of those fans are saying they will not renew.

Perhaps in the end many will renew and say the number is half that that at 30% but that is committed fans. If you factor that across our home support the numbers start to look quite scary in terms of attendances and that does not even allow for the less committed (and I don't mean that in a bad way) fans.

I'm sure the club must keep a count of the actual attendances rather than the published numbers which must be sub 30k already. Factor in the projected loss next season and if I was the owner I would be very worried.

Well it was brought up a few months ago that e-mails were sent to sent to st holders who were not going to games encouraging them to seel them on Viagogo, now that would happen if these numbers were high in my opinion but it does not include those who dont go and just give it to their mates kid like I do.

Going to be interesting to hear some of the bullshit coming out of the VP

The acountent who has just done my tax return is also an acountent for s catering firm that supplies villa and he told me this morning we have sold just over 5k season tickets. Dunno how he knows such info so it might be bullshit

The acountent who has just done my tax return is also an acountent for s catering firm that supplies villa and he told me this morning we have sold just over 5k season tickets. Dunno how he knows such info so it might be bullshit

I heard just over 5000 but I dont believe anything to be honest as there is going to be a lot of propaganda shit coming out as we have already seen with the comments that there will not be any half season tickets or cheap tiickets next season.

There's a point here that nobody's mentioned yet.

Obviously there is a body of ST holders who either renew or don't, each year. But there is also the influx of NEW ST customers every season. I don't how many of these there normally are, but I wouldn't mind betting we don't get very many this time.

I heard just over 5000 but I dont believe anything to be honest as there is going to be a lot of propaganda shit coming out as we have already seen with the comments that there will not be any half season tickets or cheap tiickets next season.

Its difficult to tell without knowing the sales at the same time last year as a comparison but 5,000 sounds feasible but that's against a backdrop of offering a whole bunch of cheap seats so maybe its not so good.

As for no half tickets or cheap deals....yeah right.

As for corporate sales if that's true it's hardly a surprise. Villa vs Man U to wine and dine your customers or Villa vs Peterborough on a cold and wet Tuesday night. Hmmm...

I voted no because of Mcleish only cause there was no joint Mcleish and Lerner thing to vote on . I've had a season ticket since 03/04 season , my misses has had one a hell of alot longer than me , i didnt want one last year as i was becoming disinterested but my partner did so we agreed on one for this season but lets be honest is becoming a chore i actually enjoy it when we dont have matches on a weekend . Just really loosing interest with the whole thing prefer to spend my money on doing jobs on the house .

I voted no because of Mcleish only cause there was no joint Mcleish and Lerner thing to vote on . I've had a season ticket since 03/04 season , my misses has had one a hell of alot longer than me , i didnt want one last year as i was becoming disinterested but my partner did so we agreed on one for this season but lets be honest is becoming a chore i actually enjoy it when we dont have matches on a weekend . Just really loosing interest with the whole thing prefer to spend my money on doing jobs on the house .

This is how a lot of us feel, I had a die hard fan saying against wolves about this sofa he could of brought instead of his ST! This is a guy who has had relationships end because of the Villa! :lol:

I choose helping someone to move house over the Liverpool game!

If I lived in or around Brum, I'd probably still make an effort to go to most of the games. But it's too far to travel to watch utter drivel, because of this, my season ticket has been criminally under-used in the past few weeks.

I've got to be honest, i've changed my mind since this vote was setup, i'm now in the 'no because of mcleish'.

What changed? nothing in all honesty. perhaps i still had lingering hopes that McLeish would show that he's learning from his mistakes but 3/4 games on he's still as clueless as ever. the only way to get the msge to Randy is to not renew my ticket till he's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be interesting if we could reset the poll, and vote again.

I originally voted 'renew whatever' but that was about 10 games ago I think and my opinion has changed since then, I will not renew till he's gone.

Would think the margins are much greater now.