ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

How many people renewed because of the £295 deal? Obviously this was to try to drum up numbers early as to disguise the dwindling overall numbers. I believe the current floating fan is lost thats why our attendances our dropping as a current ST holder soon to be a floating fan how long will it be before i and many others completely stop? There is more football than ever on TV kids have more to do than ever the only thing that keeps you going to VP is the passion and when thats gone its gone. No Direction No Future

Just saw this comment and it made me think

I remember 'The General' saying "Don't worry, there will be plenty ready to grab your seat if you give it up.", when people talked about giving up their season tickets in protest.

Where is 'The General' now?

(quote from vital villa)

when did he say that? was it after McLeish was hired?

It was last summer I think but I can't remember if it was before or after Mcleish was appointed.

I am in the "Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what" category but can understand why a lot of people will not renew. Certainly if the 50% of people in this poll are a true reflection overall season ticket sales, the proverbial is going to hit the fan in the boardroom at Villa!

I don't think this poll is representative of the wider number of ST holders as I htink you always tend to get people with stronger views than the majority with a site like this.

However I do think the poll is representative of true ST holders on here because the total number of votes is so low compared to normal polls despite the obvious widespread dissaproval for McLeish.

This poll is currently showing 62% of those who have voted as not renewing so even if is an inflated figure due to the nature of these sites it is still a serious problem for the club. Even if you half that figure and say 31% of the current ST holders aren't renewing there should be some very worried people within the club right now.

I don't think this poll is representative of the wider number of ST holders as I htink you always tend to get people with stronger views than the majority with a site like this.

However I do think the poll is representative of true ST holders on here because the total number of votes is so low compared to normal polls despite the obvious widespread dissaproval for McLeish.

This poll is currently showing 62% of those who have voted as not renewing so even if is an inflated figure due to the nature of these sites it is still a serious problem for the club. Even if you half that figure and say 31% of the current ST holders aren't renewing there should be some very worried people within the club right now.

Another factor is how many 'new' season ticket holders are we going to attract - I reckon this figure could be pretty close to Zero ?

Even if this poll is 50% wrong - a 30% drop in ST holders is unprecendented. I don't think it dropped that much after we were relegated ? 1986/7

Just saw this comment and it made me think

I remember 'The General' saying "Don't worry, there will be plenty ready to grab your seat if you give it up.", when people talked about giving up their season tickets in protest.

Where is 'The General' now?

(quote from vital villa)

when did he say that? was it after McLeish was hired?

It was last summer I think but I can't remember if it was before or after Mcleish was appointed.

Either way it just shows how big and fast the clubs demise has been. His comment was arrogant and ignorant no matter what the fortunes of the club were at the time.

Another factor is how many 'new' season ticket holders are we going to attract - I reckon this figure could be pretty close to Zero ?

They've got 1 in me. :thumb:

I'm not having a go, but why would you want to spend hard earned money watching utter dross ?

Seens Matt Kendricks Blogg - A fan askes if we will break the 20k season ticket sales figure. Kendrick ducks the issue. - IMO were an't going to have 20k season ticket holders next season - which would mean attendances of around 25k on average .....

The club have to take notice of those figures.

Seens Matt Kendricks Blogg - A fan askes if we will break the 20k season ticket sales figure. Kendrick ducks the issue. - IMO were an't going to have 20k season ticket holders next season - which would mean attendances of around 25k on average .....

The club have to take notice of those figures.

I think it will be nearer 16k next season, I think we would have lost 1/1.5k or so anyway as of the general boredom of football these days, but the rest would be as a direct result of McLeish been in charge.

We're coming off the back of 2 distinctly underwhelming seasons (with no guarantee that we won't be strutting our stuff in the Championship next season). During MON's last 2 seasons even though we were chasing a CL spot the football played at home was hardly the most exciting; most of our decent football was played away from home.

It would be a shock if ST sales didn't plummet.

I'm not having a go, but why would you want to spend hard earned money watching utter dross ?

Because the football is completely irrelevant for my decision making in buying a season ticket. I go for a day out with friends and have a laugh in the pub. The football is just there as an excuse for people to meet up.

Because the football is completely irrelevant for my decision making in buying a season ticket. I go for a day out with friends and have a laugh in the pub. The football is just there as an excuse for people to meet up.

I've read some bizzare things on here in my time but this is right up there.

Why dont you and you friends just go to the pub, if you have no interest in football, or a villa team playing football?

Or for the same money...I dont know...Alton Towers, Europe??

Why dont you and you friends just go to the pub, if you have no interest in football, or a villa team playing football?

Because the people I see are all married, have children and other commitments and live far away. It's the only way we get to consistently meet up. Plus they've all been going to Villa Park for over 20 years, it's only me who isnt really that bothered about the football.

Though, they are not actually sure if they are renewing so if they don't, I will be sending my season ticket back.

To think people only go to Villa Park just for the football seems bizarre to me. It gives friends from all over the country to meet up, go to the pub and watch a game and have a laugh.

It's not really bizarre at all.

Going to football games has always been more than simply watching the match itself. It certainly helps when the team are playing well but there's much more to it than that.

It's not really bizarre at all.

Going to football games has always been more than simply watching the match itself. It certainly helps when the team are playing well but there's much more to it than that.

I guess bizzare is a wrong choice of word, but for me I go with my mates, we are all mad villa fans, its about the footy, discussing the footy, of course we talk about other things,m but we go for the football.

The football is just there as an excuse for people to meet up.

I disagree with this though. I guess Im just a footy nut.

Because the people I see are all married, have children and other commitments and live far away. It's the only way we get to consistently meet up. Plus they've all been going to Villa Park for over 20 years, it's only me who isnt really that bothered about the football.

Though, they are not actually sure if they are renewing so if they don't, I will be sending my season ticket back.

To think people only go to Villa Park just for the football seems bizarre to me. It gives friends from all over the country to meet up, go to the pub and watch a game and have a laugh.

Why not just meet up beforehand in the pub and stay in there whilst they go to the game and save yourself £500 p.a. and a lot of heartache watching grown men cry as Lerner, Falkner and McTool continue to trash our club.

I voted not until we are safe, but difficult to choose just one as they are all linked. I travel up from Reading every game and the missus accompanies me most games, so £500 for the ST and £100 in train fares every game to potentially watch championship football seems excessive. It wont stop me going to matches, I love the club, I just can't justify committing to £3k up front with AMc in charge I remember how painful it was in 69.......