ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

I'm not a season ticket holder, haven't been since I moved to London. I usually got to between 10-14 games a season, this season I've been to 5 Home and my usual Fulham away and seen us pick up 3 points and score 2 goals. I have to book a day off and travel a 250 mile round trip to see Villa play, so it's a lot of effort. I will say this I don't expect to go to this many next season if McLeish is in charge, I've hated every game I've seen this season, including the ones I've seen on TV.

I was supposed to go to the Chelsea game, but I chose to do something else insted, never would have happened before this season, I've lost 2 girlfriends because I chose to go to Villa games.

202 season ticket holders on here?

Hmmmmmm

Do you mean there is more or less ? I don't get ti ?

Also, my old man got called by a bird from the Villa called Nikki(?) not sure what her job is but it's becasue my Dad sent a letter to Faulkner who did not bother to reply. (He is registered blind) but the Villa charge him extra becasue he sits in the upper Doug Ellis, the reduced seats are in the lower. He has sat there since it was built and has been going down the villa for 50 + years. The reason he sits in the upper is that he can see the game better from there as he looks down on the grass, if he is lower he gets the other stand in his vision which makes it super difficult for him. He has about 20-30 % vision but only in 1 eye.

They basically told him they won't help him, rules are rules I suppose.

He then asked about Mcleish and informed her he won't get a season ticket unless he is gone anyway.

TBH i only go to the Villa every now and then but since the relegation battle started a few ago ive been to every one and stayed to the final whistle,i must be sick in the head or something as i kinda liked the excitement...

I'm not a season ticket holder, haven't been since I moved to London. I usually got to between 10-14 games a season, this season I've been to 5 Home and my usual Fulham away and seen us pick up 3 points and score 2 goals. I have to book a day off and travel a 250 mile round trip to see Villa play, so it's a lot of effort. I will say this I don't expect to go to this many next season if McLeish is in charge, I've hated every game I've seen this season, including the ones I've seen on TV.

I was supposed to go to the Chelsea game, but I chose to do something else insted, never would have happened before this season, I've lost 2 girlfriends because I chose to go to Villa games.

Yeah I am not a season ticket holder - live in London - but I always try and make a few games at home and the London away games in a season. Now my kids are getting older, I try and bring them up to Villa Park now and again.

After McLeish was appointed I vowed not to go back to Villa Park, but did venture to White Hart Lane to witness the debacle that was the 'Hutton-Heskey' midfield. That was enough for me not to spend anymore money on Villa for the time being.

Hmmmmmm

Do you mean there is more or less ? I don't get ti.

The match reaction threads typically have 130-180 replies, most of which are made by people watching the game by streams.

I just can't see us having 200 odd season tickets holders on here.

I don't think the match reaction threads are anything to go by, I don't even look at those.

I agree, I have a season ticket and have been a member on here for donkeys years, but you can see for yourself how little I actually post.

Hmmmmmm

Do you mean there is more or less ? I don't get ti.

The match reaction threads typically have 130-180 replies, most of which are made by people watching the game by streams.

I just can't see us having 200 odd season tickets holders on here.

Nine season ticket holders in my family until last season. There may be two next season depending on whether AM and anti football get the boot.

I actually spoke with someone who works at the ticket office just a few days back.

He was telling me how difficult his job had become this season compared to the last couple. They simply arent taking calls for renewals and purchases and instead are filling there day by ringing current ST holders asking them to renew.

He mentioned how it had just become cold calling and a real call centre vibe. ST renewals are around the 6,000 mark he thinks but doesnt actually have access to the exact number. The funniest thing he mentioned was how fans actually take their frustration out on him over the phone as is its his fault Mcleish is the manager!

I can honestly see the club only selling 12-14 thousand season tickets next year if Mcleish isnt removed from his position next week.

I was never going to renew for this season owing to financial and time restraints. Restraints that will run until January 2013 so there is no point in me getting a season ticket this year. Before that, I had been for many consecutive years. I think I just got lucky that the year we didn't renew is the worst season in my lifetime!! Next season? Hopefully full of optimism - come on Villa, give me a reason to buy my half season ticket rather than cop out and wait until 2013-14 :)

I actually spoke with someone who works at the ticket office just a few days back.

He was telling me how difficult his job had become this season compared to the last couple. They simply arent taking calls for renewals and purchases and instead are filling there day by ringing current ST holders asking them to renew.

He mentioned how it had just become cold calling and a real call centre vibe. ST renewals are around the 6,000 mark he thinks but doesnt actually have access to the exact number. The funniest thing he mentioned was how fans actually take their frustration out on him over the phone as is its his fault Mcleish is the manager!

I can honestly see the club only selling 12-14 thousand season tickets next year if Mcleish isnt removed from his position next week.

As long as Randy knows the ticket office are having to call existing ST holders rather than the phone lines going mental with excited fans rushing to renew in anticipation of an upcoming successful season we should hopefully be seeing the end of the McLeish era...