Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Let's wait and see who he goes in for then. MON is no eejit and he will KNOW the Preeemiership has moved on. He did what he needed at Leicester to get success at that time. Now he'll do what he needs here to be successful.

What exactly is all this moved on nonsense? Basically the aim is the same, the only thing that has changed is an increase in defensive football and the use of stronger faster players and that was what MO'N did on limited funds in his previous jobs.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surely Klose would rather come to Villa than Juventus... hehe when was the last time we could say that.. Not only are they in Serie B... but they have no european competitions next season.. we may have ;)

surely Klose would rather come to Villa than Juventus... hehe when was the last time we could say that.. Not only are they in Serie B... but they have no european competitions next season.. we may have ;)

And we may not either. And they'll be in Serie A by the time he is playing for them.

RAFA BENITEZ will hit the jackpot after Sheikh Mohammed rode into town as Liverpool’s saviour.

The super-rich racehorse owner, worth £7BILLION, has opened talks about a takeover at Anfield.

Financial analyst Philip Beresford said: “This will have Liverpool challenging Chelsea for every big-name signing. It’s Arab oil money v Russian oil money.

“They’re an incredibly shrewd family who make Manchester United’s owners the Glazers look like poor relations.â€

Kop boss Benitez could now find himself with a transfer kitty of up to £100m as part of the £450m deal.

The Kop boss, preparing for tonight’s Champions League clash with Galatasaray, said: “I have talked to our chairman David Moores and chief executive Rick Parry about this and I was pleased with what I heard.

"It is always good for a club to have more money and more possibilities.â€

Shaun Wright-Phillips, out in the cold at Chelsea, is a huge favourite of Benitez.

Seville full-back Daniel Alves could be another target while there may be a move for Spanish hitman David Villa, who played for Benitez at Valencia.

hmmmm. if this is already 100% completed, then it narrows our prospects in the January window even more

:x

yeah reporting of a straight swap with Griffin and Hendrie... wed be getting ripped off if that was the case.

we'd be getting a deal our manager wants if thats the case, not ripped off.

yeah reporting of a straight swap with Griffin and Hendrie... wed be getting ripped off if that was the case.

Not quite as badly as Portsmouth, who actually own Andy Griffin.

spoilsport, I was wondering when someone would actually cotton on to that minor fact :mrgreen:

RAFA BENITEZ will hit the jackpot after Sheikh Mohammed rode into town as Liverpool’s saviour.

The super-rich racehorse owner, worth £7BILLION, has opened talks about a takeover at Anfield.

Financial analyst Philip Beresford said: “This will have Liverpool challenging Chelsea for every big-name signing. It’s Arab oil money v Russian oil money.

“They’re an incredibly shrewd family who make Manchester United’s owners the Glazers look like poor relations.â€

Kop boss Benitez could now find himself with a transfer kitty of up to £100m as part of the £450m deal.

The Kop boss, preparing for tonight’s Champions League clash with Galatasaray, said: “I have talked to our chairman David Moores and chief executive Rick Parry about this and I was pleased with what I heard.

Shaun Wright-Phillips, out in the cold at Chelsea, is a huge favourite of Benitez.

Seville full-back Daniel Alves could be another target while there may be a move for Spanish hitman David Villa, who played for Benitez at Valencia.

hmmmm. if this is already 100% completed, then it narrows our prospects in the January window even more

According to FiveLive today, they are only now going through due diligence and are not expecting to complete any deal until in the new year, so perhaps the window will be nearly over by the time Benitez has any additional money.

Also, a large part of the £450m being talked about is for a new stadium and I'd sooner have Randy and MON in charge rather than an Arab and Benitez.

we'd be getting a deal our manager wants if thats the case, not ripped off.

and youd be happy with that? I like MON as much as the next bloke.. but surely with a decent transfer budget you would be disappointed with Griffin signing?

I very much doubt this rumour anyway. He cant make Portsmouth side with all the injuries their having. Yes hes impressing at Stoke.. so is our beloved Hendrie. So im sure MON thinks nothing of it.

MON will find better players.

According to FiveLive today, they are only now going through due diligence and are not expecting to complete any deal until in the new year, so perhaps the window will be nearly over by the time Benitez has any additional money.

Also, a large part of the £450m being talked about is for a new stadium and I'd sooner have Randy and MON in charge rather than an Arab and Benitez.[/quote]

Agreed, Randy and his team have excellent CV's in sports promotion and team management, which will help build our worldwide image. We'll be getting a lot more than just money being thrown at us, although that'll be nice too. :)