Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if we can't bring in a striker in january, could montella on a loan or short term deal be worth a punt, i haven't heard from him for years except recently when linked with a few prem clubs, but he use to seem like he could score for fun.

But what is value in 2006?

Sure no player are sold for 50 - 100 any longer (well, it could happen with a few), bit it's only years since every newspaper had the "who is the first to be sold for 100M"-competitions all over the place.

Sheva - 30M, for a 30 year old, who has failed so far! Where is the value? There is none, but will they regain the title? Sure!

Carrick - 18M, for a player I wouldn't have paid more than tops 12M for. Value? To whom? United can carry 18M easily.....

Villa must up the prices and up the wages, or else we are doomed. When playing FM2007 you see the differences. Our best player is paid like 30K-a-week or something, whilst United, Arse and not least Chelsea pay around 70-100K for many of their players!

Utd have paid £14m for Carrick so far and the other £4m is based on success...so they will only pay £14m for him. He still aint worth it though!

Utd have paid £14m for Carrick so far and the other £4m is based on success...so they will only pay £14m for him. He still aint worth it though!

I know, it's insane. But if they end up winning the PL this season how do you measure value?

I think Bent will go for the sum of 10M, they want to cross the double-figure etc etc.

And Vincenzo Montella? Are you mad, he'd flop faster than Tevez! Has-been Italian who is used to

their way of playing and nothing else. Even on the free he would be a terrible buy, and I will

personally wire you 1000 pounds if it happens;)

I sure wouldn't mind Lucas Neill, Ashely Young and Darren Bent at the Park next season. Let's

all just wait n see!

if we can't bring in a striker in january, could montella on a loan or short term deal be worth a punt, i haven't heard from him for years except recently when linked with a few prem clubs, but he use to seem like he could score for fun

He seems to be playing alot more at the Gialorossi at the moment , so not sure if he's available

Newcastle were quoted 15mil for Bent.

That kind of quote just makes Defoe, Keane and perhaps Nugent the more viable options but if I were to guess at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if MON has his eyes on someone completely different.

It is just going to make January 2007 more entertaining for us than it has been since the whole idea of transfer windows was created.

If buying Milner helps Newcastle buy Bent I'd rather not. In fact I'd rather not deal with those jumped up gobshites at all.

If Newcastle badly need a striker, how badly do they need some defenders? They wont be competing with us in the Jan window I reckon. Who's going to choose Ratboy over MON?

we will not have 100mill to spend....................... recently i have read that ther will be around 50 million to spend....... MON is allowed to spend and lerner has said if he needs anymore some may be avaliable... however i doubt that MON will spend up to 50 mil. he needs a top class striker and a winger...

When it comes to Bent and Charlton selling I think some will be surprised. I'ts not very unusual at all that clubs in a relegation-fight sells their biggest star to get money to buy some less prolific players who're full with fighting spirit. It's not the goals that Bent scores that will keep them up but the goals they won't let in when they buy more defensive minded players for the money they get for Bent. Start from the defence, you know. Of this I'm pretty certain. It doesn't help if you score a lot of goals if you let more in. If you don't concede goals, you won't lose. Bent will probably go if the price is right. And the prica has to be right in both ways. £10m to go to Villa? Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Reo-Coker would be awesome, he was pissed off with West Spam last summer when both Man Utd and Arse wanted him and they didn't tell him; he found out and kicked off :lol:

Good player, if not West Spams best wont be going anywhere unless he kicks up a fuss.

To be honest, there's plenty of grounds for unhappiness at Charlton.

Bent is the best player in the team by a mile, His mentor/manager has been replaced. ( Albeit with his assistant.), and relegation looms.

Plus, Charlton are only Charlton at the best of times. Players with long term international futures don't play for Charlton. Of course it could be argued that they don't play for Villa either, but I'd hope that that's all about to change.

Reo-Coker is unhappy by all accounts, certainly not pulling his weight at West Ham. Listened to 606 briefly last night and plenty of spammers were moaning about him on there, saying that if he wanted to go to Arsenal he could but wouldn't get in their under 5s team (presumably because he's not under 5 so wouldn't be allowed, oh and he's not French).