Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

In my opinion, who we get depends more on who is available rather than our budget. Obviously our funds are not limitless but I think we'll have more clout than most think.

Its not that players arent available in January, you just have to make it worth the selling clubs while, whilst getting in early enough to allow them to get replacements. Or better still, offer them the replacements yourself.

MON will know who he wants to go after and so will Randy. I'm confident MON will be backed with what he needs. There will also be loan deals to consider.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget the 7.3 million we've got coming to us on December 6th , alot of people are saying that this is whats boosting our transfer budget up to 25 million in January

Where's that comin from then?

The sale of the serpentine land.

Doug, came out with that, so its probably shite.

Yeah, it must be.

Even though we know that it's true and has been on record for months.

Hence why i put probably. 9 times out of 10 he lies so you can forgive me for believing it when i see it for anything to do with our ex-chairman.

Didn't Doug (quite rightly) give the last manager a public dressing down for talking about money this time last year, now he's doing it himself! It dosent help keep prices down when your in the market for new players if you start saying we've got this and that to spend.

He also said he bought the land didn't he? Is that true?

Dont forget the 7.3 million we've got coming to us on December 6th , alot of people are saying that this is whats boosting our transfer budget up to 25 million in January

Where's that comin from then?

The sale of the serpentine land.

Ahh of course, cheers for that..

He also said he bought the land didn't he? Is that true?

Well....it was during his tenure that it was purchased by the club.

Rather than getting into an argument about whether he got the money out of his own bank account.

Doug, came out with that, so its probably shite.

Yeah, it must be.

Even though we know that it's true and has been on record for months.

Hence why i put probably. 9 times out of 10 he lies so you can forgive me for believing it when i see it for anything to do with our ex-chairman.

We know it's true, it's been publicised at length over the last year in various media outlets and yet it's "probably shite"? :?

Edit: Back on topic would probably be best IMO...threads that have Ellis brought into them don't have the best recent track record :winkold:

It dosent help keep prices down when your in the market for new players if you start saying we've got this and that to spend.

Unless of course your intention is to let everyone know how **** marvellous you are. Then the consequences of your big mouth are irrelevant - even to 'your' club.

damn and blast!

Juve eye German ace

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN

December 04, 2006

JUVENTUS are lining up a summer swoop for Werder Bremen star Miroslav Klose.

The German, who topped the scoring charts at the 2006 World Cup, is expected to quit the Bundesliga at the end of the season.

And fallen giants Juve are keen for him to trade Germany for life in Italy.

Coach Didier Deschamps said: "We are looking for players who can help the team take a step up in quality.

"You can't dispute Klose's ability, he is a great attacker who plays in his national side and has excellent qualities. We'll see what happens."

Juventus are currently second in Serie B after being relegated from the top flight following the Italian match-fixing scandal.

damn and blast!

Juve eye German ace

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN

December 04, 2006

The German, who topped the scoring charts at the 2006 World Cup, is expected to quit the Bundesliga at the end of the season.

Coach Didier Deschamps said: "We are looking for players who can help the team take a step up in quality.

"You can't dispute Klose's ability, he is a great attacker who plays in his national side and has excellent qualities. We'll see what happens."

Juventus are currently second in Serie B after being relegated from the top flight following the Italian match-fixing scandal.

There not promoted yet , carnt see him wanting to go to a division 2 side personally ,

Also i am quite suprised that no one had said much about Luca Toni , isnt he still at struggling Fiorentina

damn and blast!

Juve eye German ace

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN

December 04, 2006

There not promoted yet , carnt see him wanting to go to a division 2 side personally ,

Also i am quite suprised that no one had said much about Luca Toni , isnt he still at struggling Fiorentina

I'd imagine they are pretty certain to come up, if they are 2nd at the moment after starting with minus points then they must be finding Serie B easy. I'd imagine the competition isn't as high as the Championship in this country.

damn and blast!

Juve eye German ace

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN

December 04, 2006

I'd imagine they are pretty certain to come up, if they are 2nd at the moment after starting with minus points then they must be finding Serie B easy. I'd imagine the competition isn't as high as the Championship in this country.

Well to be fair, If Man Utd were relegated and given a points deduction, I'd still think they're be more or less favourites to come up without too many problems.

Don't forget Juve have the amazing talent of Boumsong now. Also just had a look at the table. Even with their points deduction Juve are already 2nd in the table. I have a feeling that they should be back in Serie A next season. However I think anyone who is linked with Juve atm (since they are 2nd tier atm) could be a good link for Villa, plus we have the added bonus of potential European football next season, unlike Juve. OK it's the sun that have written this so it is probably bogus but there is potential there and I'm sure nobody would mind seeing Klose in a Villa shirt :D