OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with £100m in the warchest.........

:?

........who do you want, who do you think we should get and so on.

Personally, I'd like;

Right back and left back

Two wingers

Anyone else except Baros

..........For the love of God, why?

Why is he to be the next scapegoat?

What has he done wrong, other than score goals that helped us stay up last season? :bang::bang:

When people innocently start banding around figures like 100M other people start to believe it.

We will have nowhere near this amount to spend.

MON will probably buy a couple of players in Jan then maybe three or four next summer.

But we will not be spending massive amounts like 100M so whats the point in talking about it?

When people innocently start banding around figures like 100M other people start to believe it.

We will have nowhere near this amount to spend.

MON will probably buy a couple of players in Jan then maybe three or four next summer.

But we will not be spending massive amounts like 100M so whats the point in talking about it?

hence my......... :? ...................!

figure aside, we do have money to spend.

so who....

COME ON VT - UP THE VILLA!

I personally believe the 100Mill is way off the mark and that while we won't have peanuts to spend over January (Lerner is perfectly aware like MON that the squad desperately needs some strengthening) I do think the majority of money will be spent after the end of season. I do think there will be plenty though in an attempt to bring players in for the January window.

I do think we need as a matter of urgency - Right and Left Back - Right wing x2 and at least one more central midfielder.

I do think we have enough with our front players for now at least and on current form would be happy with any of them playing.

As for who? I suspect Milner is top of the shopping list.

I personally believe the 100Mill is way off the mark and that while we won't have peanuts to spend over January (Lerner is perfectly aware like MON that the squad desperately needs some strengthening) I do think the majority of money will be spent after the end of season. I do think there will be plenty though in an attempt to bring players in for the January window.

I do think we need as a matter of urgency - Right and Left Back - Right wing x2 and at least one more central midfielder.

I do think we have enough with our front players for now at least and on current form would be happy with any of them playing.

As for who? I suspect Milner is top of the shopping list.

I agree with this but would replace the LB with a left winger.

It is fun though ain't it :)

Wayne Bridge

SWP

Milner

Parker

A new RB?

This would give us:

---------------Sorenson--------------

New---Mellberg---Ridgewell---Bridge

-------Petrov--Parker--Barry------

SWP---------------------------------Milner

------------------Angel-----------------

Squad

Taylor

Laursen

Cahill

Bouma

Hughes

Samuel

McCann

Davies

Whitts

DJx2

Hendrie

Gabby

Moore

Baros

Personally, I'd like;

Right back and left back

Two wingers

Anyone else except Baros

What has he done wrong, other than score goals that helped us stay up last season? :bang::bang:

i think his attitude is poor, and has about as much vision as a bat

Unless osmeone truly world class becomes available then McCann will be in the team. I honestly can't see anyone out there, and that includes Scott Parker that would be more effective for Villa in the role he is playing at the moment. First name on the team sheet at the mo I would reckon

It is fun though ain't it :)

Wayne Bridge

SWP

Milner

Parker

A new RB?

This would give us:

---------------Sorenson--------------

New---Mellberg---Ridgewell---Bridge

-------Petrov--Parker--Barry------

SWP---------------------------------Milner

------------------Angel-----------------

Squad

Taylor

Laursen

Cahill

Bouma

Hughes

Samuel

McCann

Davies

Whitts

DJx2

Hendrie

Gabby

Moore

Baros

yes very fun and im glad theres a thread about it!!!!

new right back ay?? luke young? maybe or cicinho? or DIDIER AGATHE!!?

i watched the celtic match yesterday against Copenhagen and Aiden McGeady lookd quality

Unless osmeone truly world class becomes available then McCann will be in the team. I honestly can't see anyone out there, and that includes Scott Parker that would be more effective for Villa in the role he is playing at the moment. First name on the team sheet at the mo I would reckon

On current form I agree but we need quality competition for places if we are going to push for top 6 and Parker when on form is a better player than McCann. IF we had these 2 I think you would find it was Parker who starts more regularly.

joaquin unfortunately signed for valencia in the summer for about 18mil quid but i like your ambition

i think we should keep the system, and get players to play in that system, not get players and then change the system a la chelsea!!!

btw i think tim borowski from Werder Bremen would be a great signing and i distinctly remember MON talking him up on BBC during the World Cup

I would like us to go 5-3-2

Lauresen, Mellberg and Ridge forming the back 3 - that would be solid.

I wouldn't mess with the rest of the team too much at this stage - but would love 2 new Full backs (left and right), allowing Barry to play in a midfield 3 of Petrov and McCann.

suggestions???

haha :D I suppose that is what this thread is about!!

...I really don't know who could do a job as wing back - they seem to have gone out of fashion a little bit.

I like Gabriel Henize, but don't think for one moment that we would get him

Luke Young?

Wayne Bridge?

.............I really don't know!

Personally, I'd like;

Right back and left back

Two wingers

Anyone else except Baros

I agree, what's wrong with him? Scored v the teams that mattered last season, Sunderland, Pompey, Olybion and Scum Heath and kept us up!