Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Martin O'Neill this evening confirmed he was hoping to tie up the permanent signing of Celtic midfielder Shaun Maloney before the closure of the transfer window.

Maloney would join John Carew and Ashley Young as Villa's new full-time recruits in January if the deal goes through in time.

MON said: "He is a player I obviously know a great deal about and we are hoping something can be done before midnight.

"It's all very last minute as can often be the case with these things - but we are doing everything we can."

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interstingy, MON on SSN just when asked about transfers tonight said there's still an hour to go (PAUSE) He's hopeful that Shaun will sign (PUASE) anyone else (Big PAUSE) there's still time left til the window closes. (Or words to that effect)

That sums it up pretty well.

I like the sound of that. It sounds like Maloney and AN Other could be in. Maloney seems like it should be a done deal so it will be fascinating to see if we can get another in as well. We need that second one if it's do-able. Don't know why, I just have a strange feeling if there is another as well as Maloney it might be a biggie.

Looks like the Maloney rumour part is over. £1m apparently which is considerably more than what was talked about on this thread. However, if Yer MON thinks he's worth it, I'll buy that for a dollar (or 2 million of them) of Randy's money!