Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Dont know if this needs to be moved but would just like to say fair play for the support stan shirt thing today.... Don't know how he would have revealed it if he didn't get sent off cus he obvs didnt score but nice gesture of him anyway

Yes. A few fans were giving him a round of **** and booing when he got sent off until he took his top off and showed his Support Stan T Shirt and then the majority of fans gave him a standing ovation as he left the pitch.

Fair play to him. He'd have looked up to Stan during his time at Villa like all of the younger lads did and still do.

Yes. A few fans were giving him a round of **** and booing when he got sent off until he took his top off and showed his Support Stan T Shirt and then the majority of fans gave him a standing ovation as he left the pitch.

Fair play to him. He'd have looked up to Stan during his time at Villa like all of the younger lads did and still do.

I was sitting in the North Stand lower (right near the away fans). I didn't see the front of his shirt at all so I was booing him the entire time. Feel a bit bad now. :oops:

Nice gesture though.

We where giving him a load of abuse when he got the red, and then he took the shirt off, and all of a sudden I thought "oooh you little bugger" and from that point on I applauded him off, as did most of the trinity. I don't think he would have unleashed it had he scored because that would have been in poor taste, and the one thing I remember about TINA (yes, remember that nickname?) is that before he moved across he always came across as a good likeable lad, and a proper pro......

Going to buy one of them shirts from the official shop. Also thinking about donating bone marrow. For the pain that it involves i think it's worth it if it saves a life.

It DOES NOT hurt to donate.

95% of the time stem cells will be taken peripherally (i.e. intravenously) after a couple of courses of growth injections a few days before (these injections are into the stomach and produce more stem cells to be donated)

I have given talks around the country about donating bone marrow/stem cells. I have had a bone marrow transplant and had my life saved by someone who was kind enough to donate after I had leukaemia.

To donate bone marrow I urge you to get in touch with The Anthony Nolan Trust .

Went to give blood last week and was told i can sign up there. Did it via the NHSBT, but they work in collaboration with Anthony Nolan. Went back 2 days later and they did a few tests and said i will be asked to be contacted by Anthony Nolan if a match was found. Today i was contacted by them telling me a possible match has been found. I just need to go back to do "extensive tissue typing"? The person doing the tests at the time said it could take years to find a match. Is it common to find a match so quickly?

Firstly, its fantastic that you've gone to donate! And how amazing that you've been matched to a patient in need of your stem cells! Fantastic!

It is a numbers game unfortunately - and as it stands if you a Caucasian patient you have a far better chance of finding a match than if you are Asian, India or African - as there simply isnt the amount of (excuse the term) "ethnic" demographic on the bone marrow register - simply put, if more people signed up then more people would be a match for patients.

What you have done is amazing and you will be saving someone's life.

Great acceptance speech from Stan. Still has a sense of humour about it all...

Petrov did not attend the awards ceremony at Villa Park on Monday but sent a video message. He said: "Sorry I can't be with you but I've got a little issue I need to fight. "I hope you haven't given me this award because of my situation. I thought I had a quite okay season!"

Great acceptance speech from Stan. Still has a sense of humour about it all...

Petrov did not attend the awards ceremony at Villa Park on Monday but sent a video message. He said: "Sorry I can't be with you but I've got a little issue I need to fight. "I hope you haven't given me this award because of my situation. I thought I had a quite okay season!"

It's great to see that he's in good spirits but I do worry about the mental side.

He actually said that all the players deserved the award!

Anyone know how the treatment is going for Stan ?

Really hope he beats this and remains with us for a few more years

The 19th minute applause was awesome again today and big thanks to spurs fans for joining in

Â