Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Due to illness I wouldn't have normally been able to go but I just had to go today to show support for Stan and the Club.

Total respect to the guy and his family for being there today as well. And boy has he got a battle ahead of him. The fans were fantastic today. Come on guys let's stick together. At least for Stan.

He still looks healthy from the clip I saw earlier. But I guess that might change over the next few months.

The big change will happen after a few weeks of chemo.. Depending how his body reacts he'll either look tired or really really ill which may alarm some, but it won't be from the cancer it'll be from the treatment.

Ye I have known a few friends who had cancer. After the treatment you almost dont recognise them.

Yes the chaemo / radiation therapy is a real hard hit on the body

His hair will fall out, he will be massively tired

Killing the bad stuffs also kills the good

I hope he makes it and is part of our club for many many years ahead, if not a player then on some other level

Says it all about the guy that he wanted to play today before starting his treatment on Monday but doctors advised that he shouldn't. Players like Stan who give 100% commitment game in game out regardless of team form or their own form come along once in a blue moon. We are blessed to have had him represent us and I really, really hope he will pull on the claret and blue shirt again. If not it may be some time before we see a player in our shirt with Stans all out commitment again.

Says it all about the guy that he wanted to play today before starting his treatment on Monday but doctors advised that he shouldn't. Players like Stan who give 100% commitment game in game out regardless of team form or their own form come along once in a blue moon. We are blessed to have had him represent us and I really, really hope he will pull on the claret and blue shirt again. If not it may be some time before we see a player in our shirt with Stans all out commitment again.
What a **** hero. You hang in there brother and you'll be leading us again in no time.

I don't really know what to say, I've been at a loss for words regarding Petrov's illness after reading the news yesterday afternoon...

After a season with Houllier and then McLeish being given the manager's job I lost all interest in doing a Lego Villa team this season but this one is for Stan.

IMG_1432.jpg

One of the most commited players I've seen in a Villa shirt, he never gives less than 100% and although he doesn't score many goals, when he does, he makes them worth remembering.

A brilliant captain and by all accounts a great man.

Wishing you all the best, Stan!

Well done to everyone the applause at the 1th minute was magnificent, that also includes the Chelsea fans for joining in.

You could see how much it meant to Stan and his family, hopefully a pick up to know just how much support he has going into this fight.

Hero. Donated 1500 quid in the penalty shoot out thing at half time, what a man.

All the best Stan. Say what you like about him as a player, as a man there are few better.

The salute was very touching and extremely worthy. I saw the game with a few of my friends who are certainly not Villa-fans and I said there might be something happening in the 19th minute.... so we waited and when the clock ticked 19:00 I think everyone got goosebumps and didn't say a word.

When you have absolute idiots in the game like Balotelli and Suarez, it is nice to have the Petrovs to compensate.

I don't really know what to say, I've been at a loss for words regarding Petrov's illness after reading the news yesterday afternoon...

After a season with Houllier and then McLeish being given the manager's job I lost all interest in doing a Lego Villa team this season but this one is for Stan.

(image)

I love it.

This really puts the game that we spend hours of our day obsessing over into perspective.

Whatever your feelings about Petrov the player (and believe me, I´ve had more than a few negative ones over the years), no one can argue that Stan is a top class human being, and captain of our club.

After hearing about him actually wanting to play yesterday, I just hope that he is not worrying about our league form and potential relegation battle while he is on the side-lines - He needs to concentrate 100% on getting HIMSELF better, AVFC need to go to the back of his mind.

I am not ashamed to admit that watching Stan wipe away tears after that 19th minute applause had me doing the same.

Hope to see you in a Villa shirt again soon Stan.

God Bless.

Watching match of the day yesterday was emotional to say the least, just glad Stan realises how much support he has through all this. Love ya mate.

Just one thing, Im sure VP have had a MASSIVE amount of people coming in buying Petrov 19 shirts.. have they said they will donate some of the money from these shirts to a cancer charity of some form? Seems a bit off that they would be raking in the cash from this horrible event..

We should do the same for him every game in the 19th minute.

Definitely. He needs support throughout his treatment, and this should happen every home game for the duration. Saturday's showing was a reaction to the news, let's now show him that we are with him all the way, throughout his struggle.

Â