Cascarino warns Villa they are facing fans' revolt

Strangeways

If anyone thinks Cascarino is "on the side of the fans" that is a big mistake IMO.

He seems to go through life looking for chances to knock Villa and this is just the latest bandwagon.

Have to say he's a bit late coming to the party, as well.

“Sales will be well down if the fans aren’t looking forward to next season. But they’re dreading it.”

Would be interesting if we could get an accurate poll of who is and isnt renewing their season tickets who had one last year. Though I don't think an accurate poll would work very well on this site. I have bought a season ticket even though I didnt have one last year so in that sense they're +1.

:shock:

I thought there was a poll a few months ago but I guess views have changed so maybe time for a recount.

Mods can we have a thread / poll in season ticket renewals?

It's time for all Villa message boards and blog to unite in having the same poll on ST renewals so there's a significant number of voters, then have those results sent to the club to show we mean business.

Now that's market research you can take to the bank. The money bank!

Reckon we could get the Brummie Mail to run the poll?

Don't particularly rate Cantscoreino -the player of the pundit.

But at least he isn't trotting out the 'what do Villa fans expect' mantra.

Gary Neville was at that earlier in the season. And even Merse, who previously spoke with a bit of affection and knowledge about the place said similar, and that McLeish was a 'good' manager. :shock:

If more media parasites move away from the 'they don't like him because of where he came from' default cop out and actually hold up his contribution to rigourous examination, then good.

Assuming we stay up, the only way McLeish will be in line for the tin tack is if we can clearly demonstrate that it costs more money to keep him than get rid.

I doubt the Mail would be interested in running a poll, but if all the message boards and blogs ran a common poll using an email address so people can only vote once then maybe the board will pay some attention. The Mail will pick up on it I'm sure.

The last VT poll had a total of 167 votes, not enough to be of concern. A few thousand may have some effect.

Wishful thinking???

I don't know if anyone listens to the Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast but last Monday Evan Fanning was talking about Villa in light or the Arsenal result and said something along the lines of - if there's any justice in football Villa will be relegated this season. He reckons the other teams are busting a gut to stay up but Villa are not even trying. McLeish is happy with mediocrity. They also said it's well known that the players are very unhappy with him too.

Said he felt sorry for the the fans and the players.

Refreshingly there was no mention of fans discontent due to McLeish's previous employers.

He's never liked us, that much has been clear for a few years, and the fans have never really liked him that much either

He is right here though and the more that "pundits" start talking like this the better

Can't disagree with any of that. Keep it coming.

Unusual for Cascarino to get something right!

Not really, he was was very critical of the appointment at the time.

Who wasn't?!

A lot of the media. "McLeish is a good manager, Villa fans don't like him because of where he came from". Unfortunately, our real reasons for not wanting him have been proven right.

I don't know if anyone listens to the Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast but last Monday Evan Fanning was talking about Villa in light or the Arsenal result and said something along the lines of - if there's any justice in football Villa will be relegated this season. He reckons the other teams are busting a gut to stay up but Villa are not even trying. McLeish is happy with mediocrity. They also said it's well known that the players are very unhappy with him too.

Said he felt sorry for the the fans and the players.

Refreshingly there was no mention of fans discontent due to McLeish's previous employers.

If you look at it from a nutral fans point of view that is 100% correct.You would prefer it if the teams that are fighting for a place in the Premier League stayed up rather than a team that dont give a shit, or at least a team that gives that impression.

I know! Spurs fans have gone from saying how crap we are to saying what we could do to improve. Give me abuse over pity any day!

So true. 2 years we were at the same level. Now look. Their fans dont even laugh at us now, it is one step further - pity.

Most of the opposition fans I have spoken to don't even mock us anymore.

They actually pity us.

It does"nt work like that over here.

I get lots of stick

In Perth? Who the f**k from??

I imagine a lot of Irish people who support Man Utd or Liverpool and pretend they know a lot about football.

Cascarino, whilst a massive Pr*ck, is right on this occasion. Of course, the one man who cant see it is Lerner.

'Oh here we go Alex, have the managers job here at AVFC. We firmly beleive you can turn around you catastrophic record of relegation and make us into the force we once were. Oh, and we'll pay you more than the spanish manager...you know what, your so good, **** it, lets make you the 20th highest paid manager in Europe'

I can just picture when Randy first made that phone call.

Lerner = :bonk:

This ^^^^... I think the sooner fans realise that if they keep turning up the longer it could take to get rid of him. If EVERY season ticket holder was to hold off for a month or so from buying their ticket, along with sending a letter to the club stating they wont be renewing maybe then the club would understand. But as long as people renew, the longer he could be here.

At the end of the day, they dont really care if you turn up and leave unhappy, they have what they want, money in the coffers. The price is still the same whether you walk away happy or sad from the ground. If fans are unhappy, they only way the club will really listen is when it affects THEM- not you.

Even if everybody sent the same letter, written out in the correct manner explaining their reason for not renewing the club would have no option but to get rid of McMuppet.

Mcleish never appointed himself.

Its one thing saying he's a shit manager, its another thing getting the decision makers at B6 to agree.

There is no clear evidence to suggest they agree with the fans and lets be fair the fans have been wrong in the past.

Randy could point out that despite a decent 6-6-6 finish and a cup final 100 mill of the clubs money has been squandered on poor transfers, which arguably has set the club back years... and that manager was a fans favourite.... good for them I hear him say.

Its not all as clear cut as it seems.

The majority of fans may be right Mcleish is shite..... so what makes them think the same decision makers will get it right next time.

Its all a bit Nebulous to me.

One thing I am certain about in footballing terms and at senior level there ain't much Nous at Villa Park at all.

Â