Cascarino warns Villa they are facing fans' revolt

Strangeways

i agree TRO, i think thats why its more of a subdued atmosphere than a negative one at VP (although theres no doubt in my mind thats about to change) people dont know what the **** we are doing anymore, so what are we supposed to do about it? blindly support the team and watch them go down the drain or hit mcleish with everything we've got and get blamed when we go down the drain

so what do the fans do?

some fans go to support an enterprising/winning/progressive team and enjoy the ride.

Some fans go to meet with friends/ family they wouldn't get to see and just enjoy the day out.

Different motives for going.

I stopped going before Mcleish & Houllier, because i didn't believe in the style of football (hoofball) that was taking us to some decent results and then some howlers, it was all a bit too unpredicatable for me... I never knew what Villa team would turn up.

It has got gradually worse in terms of results, but that does not give me reason to doubt my original decision... despite a bit more ball on the ground other reasons for not being drawn back are in evidence, like a total inability to secure a win....particularly at home, where it used to be a fortress( many moons ago of course)

You cannot pick performances or results, because one without the other is pointless....Progressive football is both.

Fans have to choose in the summer whether they want to invest in it, but for those that are passionate about there football, don't be too surprised if you find many renewing for other reasons.

Remember the famous Docherty statement " If you had 11 claret and blue shirts hanging on a line across the pitch, 30,000 would turn up to see them.

I never quite knew whether that was meant to be a compliment or a sleight at our football intelligence.....I'd like to think the former.

Most of the opposition fans I have spoken to don't even mock us anymore.

They actually pity us.

It does"nt work like that over here.

I get lots of stick

In Perth? Who the f**k from??

I imagine a lot of Irish people who support Man Utd or Liverpool and pretend they know a lot about football.

Cascarino, whilst a massive Pr*ck, is right on this occasion. Of course, the one man who cant see it is Lerner.

'Oh here we go Alex, have the managers job here at AVFC. We firmly beleive you can turn around you catastrophic record of relegation and make us into the force we once were. Oh, and we'll pay you more than the spanish manager...you know what, your so good, **** it, lets make you the 20th highest paid manager in Europe'

I can just picture when Randy first made that phone call.

Lerner = :bonk:

Yes there are a lot of Irish Manure 'fans' in Perth. Most of whom are conning a living out the desparate companies who seem to take the bums on seats approach to filling the many vaccancies. I just tell them that they will be supporting Mancity next year and they go away!!!

At the end of the day all blame firmly lies at Randy's door, if he can't run a football club himself he should at least employ someone who can!!!

so what do the fans do?

some fans go to support an enterprising/winning/progressive team and enjoy the ride.

Some fans go to meet with friends/ family they wouldn't get to see and just enjoy the day out.

I stopped going before Mcleish & Houllier, because i didn't believe in the style of football (hoofball) that was taking us to some decent results and then some howlers, it was all a bit too unpredicatable for me... I never knew what Villa team would turn up.

It has got gradually worse in terms of results, but that does not give me reason to doubt my original decision... despite a bit more ball on the ground other reasons for not being drawn back are in evidence, like a total inability to secure a win....particularly at home, where it used to be a fortress( many moons ago of course)

You cannot pick performances or results, because one without the other is pointless....Progressive football is both.

Fans have to choose in the summer whether they want to invest in it, but for those that are passionate about there football, don't be too surprised if you find many renewing for other reasons.

Remember the famous Docherty statement " If you had 11 claret and blue shirts hanging on a line across the pitch, 30,000 would turn up to see them.

I never quite knew whether that was meant to be a compliment or a sleight at our football intelligence.....I'd like to think the former.

I've already spent the money I would have put aside for 2012-13 ST on my other hobbies/interests. So, the die has been cast already for me.

Swansea at home was the turning point for me. Villa didn't turn up, so I haven't been since. Some of it is health related because of how angry I got, but hey ho. Add in the mix about how I feel about Premier League and England FA and you start to think about the money involved... It's disgusting.

Doesn't mean I don't love the club... Of course I want it to be successful, but I don't enjoy it. And since Swansea, I haven't missed going. Not even for that flukey win against Fulham. I respect you hardy souls that still go.

so what do the fans do?

I've already spent the money I would have put aside for 2012-13 ST on my other hobbies/interests. So, the die has been cast already for me.

Swansea at home was the turning point for me. Villa didn't turn up, so I haven't been since. Some of it is health related because of how angry I got, but hey ho. Add in the mix about how I feel about Premier League and England FA and you start to think about the money involved... It's disgusting.

Doesn't mean I don't love the club... Of course I want it to be successful, but I don't enjoy it. And since Swansea, I haven't missed going. Not even for that flukey win against Fulham. I respect you hardy souls that still go.

From what I have read on this forum, and from the Villa fans I know, that Swansea seems to be the one single game, that changed everything. I think I have read about 8 other posters on the forum say that the Swansea was the one where they decided they had had enough.

so what do the fans do?

Its interesting what you write, I too was taking it all too serious and not getting any younger, you can easily fall foul of your own fans.... not experienced anything mind.... just felt no progression and the frustration was too much to bear.

Â