Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Paper talk that Hart will be No 1. eeeekkk!!! Big mistake City!!!

Oh dear oh dear!

It's impossible for a goalie to play any better, IMO. A world class, 10/10 performance. One of the best I've seen.

Long term i,e. the full season, I think it's a gamble, he's still proving himself compared to Given who already has.

Oh dear oh dear!

It's impossible for a goalie to play any better, IMO. A world class, 10/10 performance. One of the best I've seen.

Long term i,e. the full season, I think it's a gamble, he's still proving himself compared to Given who already has.

Not a gamble by any stretch. Best English Keeper by a long way and far better than Given. He was immense today.

Oh dear oh dear!

I still think Given is one of the most over rated goalkeepers of the last 15 years. He is a shot stopper extraordinaire, but he rarely leaves his six yard box, gets found wanting on crosses and doesnt dominate his area in the way that the truly great goalkeepers do. He is a very good goalkeeper, but not a great one, I don't think people will be talking about him ten years after he retires for instance.

He is also 34 years of age. Man City have to make a choice now, it's clear the squad isn't big enough for both Given and Hart, and I think letting Hart go would be a huge mistake, he has every attribute and it's looking like he will be England's number one for the next decade. He is easily a more valuable asset than Shay Given and the truth is he doesnt need to sit on the bench for another season or go out on loan to another mid table club. He's ready now.

If I were City, I'd sell Shay Given. There will be a queue of clubs come in for him if he were available. I guess the only fear is that if Arsenal come in for him then you are selling a very good player to a direct rival and making them stronger for no real benefit to yourselves, Man City certainly don't need the money, but I think Given's days as first choice up there have ended.

Oh dear oh dear!

I still think Given is one of the most over rated goalkeepers of the last 15 years. He is a shot stopper extraordinaire, but he rarely leaves his six yard box, gets found wanting on crosses and doesnt dominate his area in the way that the truly great goalkeepers do. He is a very good goalkeeper, but not a great one, I don't think people will be talking about him ten years after he retires for instance.

He is also 34 years of age. Man City have to make a choice now, it's clear the squad isn't big enough for both Given and Hart, and I think letting Hart go would be a huge mistake, he has every attribute and it's looking like he will be England's number one for the next decade. He is easily a more valuable asset than Shay Given and the truth is he doesnt need to sit on the bench for another season or go out on loan to another mid table club. He's ready now.

If I were City, I'd sell Shay Given. There will be a queue of clubs come in for him if he were available. I guess the only fear is that if Arsenal come in for him then you are selling a very good player to a direct rival and making them stronger for no real benefit to yourselves, Man City certainly don't need the money, but I think Given's days as first choice up there have ended.

I understand there is some criticism of Given out there but Hart is still unproven at a top level. You say Hart will be England No 1 for a decade like it is fact, one cock up ala Carson and it's potentially downhill from there.

The fact that he may be England No 1 from now on is not good for City.

I guess they have to choose between a potentially top class keeper or a very good proven keeper.

I personally believe Hart is better than Given already though, I'd go as far as saying Hart would be in my top 3 keepers in the league. Maybe I'm over-exaggerating but I don't think so.

I really couldn't pick a fault in Joe Hart's game, as seen, he is loud, communicating all the time, he can dominate crosses, his punches are always top notch out of danger, his shot stopping is probably the best in the league alongside Reina and Given and kicking wise, there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I suppose as you say, it's mistakes, that's what makes and breaks keepers. He has yet to make one though and to me, seems a pretty strong character and would bounce back.

Oh dear oh dear!

Saves me having to write it.

Given isn't in the top five keepers in the league. Would probably squeeze into the top ten.

A good keeper needs to at least claim the occasional cross now and again.

I understand there is some criticism of Given out there but Hart is still unproven at a top level. You say Hart will be England No 1 for a decade like it is fact, one cock up ala Carson and it's potentially downhill from there.

I think he has far more talent than Carson though.

"Craig has not been fined, that's not true. He's got a good relationship with Man City, says there's no problem at all between them. He thinks he should be in the City 25-man squad, but he's not. He's been at a club today having discussions but I can't tell you who it is. It might surprise you, possibly. He's had offers from clubs who might finish higher than Man City!"

1 - Cardiff City

Hardly surprising as it's all over the media. It is also all over the media he has been fined and told not to come back. Are City trustworthy and honourable? Bollocks are they.

I think Lescott will be a Villa player next season.

That is all.

I'll have a VT donation bet for £10 with you that he isn't.

Alright Trent buddy. Just a guess really. With him being a Villa boy etc, I'd just see it making sense. But then I have read that people say he wouldn't move back to the area etc. Just have to wait and see how much playing time he gets this season.

Anyway, my main point. Had to overlook some plans that the owners of Manchester City have sent over to the council, today. Wow, these guys are in it for the LONG haul. They are the real deal. I mean we have praised Randy Lerner for doing up the Holte Pub and improvements to the ground. But this is just on a completely different level. It's a total of £1bn investment around the surrounding area of Sportcity. Very exciting times for Manchester City fans and Manchester as a whole. This is only going to help the local community.

They're going to dominate English football for a very long time imo. Just a matter of time.

They're going to dominate English football for a very long time imo. Just a matter of time.

Everything is setup to suggest that yes, you're right. However, I can't shake the idea that it's all going to go horribly wrong somehow... it's City, it always goes horribly wrong.

Everything is setup to suggest that yes, you're right. However, I can't shake the idea that it's all going to go horribly wrong somehow... it's City, it always goes horribly wrong.

I agree. But these guys are the real deal. I didn't really believe it until today. Definitely a long term project, unfortunately.

Â