Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see them selling him after the season he had last year. He might get pissed off if he isnt in the team by January, but I cant see him leaving this summer. Maybe if City sign another striker (Balotelli?) but if they dont then he will stay.

Im not sure I would want to sign a 31 year old who relies heavily on pace either. Sure, he will be good for a year, but he will be looking for a three or four year contract wont he?

I cant see them selling him after the season he had last year. He might get pissed off if he isnt in the team by January, but I cant see him leaving this summer. Maybe if City sign another striker (Balotelli?) but if they dont then he will stay.

Im not sure I would want to sign a 31 year old who relies heavily on pace either. Sure, he will be good for a year, but he will be looking for a three or four year contract wont he?

I forgot he was so old. There was talk of him going to Spurs on loan.

Reserve squads just aren't good enough for Man Citeh.

No, they have the Elite Squad

:crylaugh:

How patronising + pretentious is that????

knobeds.

It's pathetic, like calling the Third Divison "League One", or redesignating binmen as "recycling executive officers" or some such; it fools nobody.

If I'd made it as far as a Premiership club's reserves I'd be mightily chuffed and I'd be bragging about it to all and sundry. But I'd be embarrassed to go down the pub and have to say I play for the "Elite Squad".

To be fair, it's actually called the "Elite Development Squad", not the Elite Squad. This is for players who are under the age of 21 and we feel have a good future in front of them. These players have taken the place of the reserves in the Reserve league to give them some football, and will also be part of exchange programs with clubs such as Sporting around the world.

Just like a few other clubs, we have dissolved our reserve team as we believe that those players who are above 21 should be playing football somewhere and we'll loan them out, just like we did with Caciedo, Weiss, McDermott, etc.

It's still a shit name though, Elite Development Squad, and City seemed to have realised this and have started referring to them as the Elite U-21s. I imagine in time this will just become the U-21s.

The Hyde thing is quite simple. They were about to be folded, as in the whole "ground knocked down, club doesn't exist any more" type of folded. We actually gave them permission to do some fundraising at a few games last season, by carrying donation buckets around our ground, I'm pretty sure they were there when we played Villa actually. Anyway, we did this to sustain them for the rest of the season, and afterwards we setup a financial deal for them.

Just to be clear, our reserves already have a 15,000 seater stadium across the road from the CoM called the Regional Athletics Stadium. It doesn't benefit us at all to move to Hyde, we're playing in a worse place than we were before, with worse facilities. The reason we did, was because we wanted to save the local club. As part of this arrangement and to promote the fact that Hyde are now part of the City ecosystem so to speak, we paid for their ground and training facilities to be completely redeveloped.

I read somewhere this morning of a possible team they would play:

Given

Boateng, Kolo Toure, Lescott, Kolarov

Yaya Toure-Barry-Milner

David Silva-Tevez-Adebayor

That team really does not strike much fear into the heart to be honest.

I'd expect De Jong instead of Barry and Bellamy or Johnson instead of Adebayor. Its a Good team, dont think they'll title challenge

To be fair, it's actually called the "Elite Development Squad", not the Elite Squad. This is for players who are under the age of 21 and we feel have a good future in front of them. These players have taken the place of the reserves in the Reserve league to give them some football, and will also be part of exchange programs with clubs such as Sporting around the world.

Just like a few other clubs, we have dissolved our reserve team as we believe that those players who are above 21 should be playing football somewhere and we'll loan them out, just like we did with Caciedo, Weiss, McDermott, etc.

It's still a shit name though, Elite Development Squad, and City seemed to have realised this and have started referring to them as the Elite U-21s. I imagine in time this will just become the U-21s.

The Hyde thing is quite simple. They were about to be folded, as in the whole "ground knocked down, club doesn't exist any more" type of folded. We actually gave them permission to do some fundraising at a few games last season, by carrying donation buckets around our ground, I'm pretty sure they were there when we played Villa actually. Anyway, we did this to sustain them for the rest of the season, and afterwards we setup a financial deal for them.

Just to be clear, our reserves already have a 15,000 seater stadium across the road from the CoM called the Regional Athletics Stadium. It doesn't benefit us at all to move to Hyde, we're playing in a worse place than we were before, with worse facilities. The reason we did, was because we wanted to save the local club. As part of this arrangement and to promote the fact that Hyde are now part of the City ecosystem so to speak, we paid for their ground and training facilities to be completely redeveloped.

Awwww arn't Manchester City lovely?

Awwww arn't Manchester City lovely?

No they're a bunch of cun..............

You mean Hyde United, surely? The ones that play in red? The club that coincidentally dropped United and changed their colours as part of the 125th anniversary "celebrations" just days before it was announced that City's interference was to be increased?

The ones that now have a ruddy great City crest at the top of the main stand of their stadium that's going to have sky blue seats and a nice new blue paint job?

Let me ask you this. If your obscenely wealthy club "wanted to save the local club", why didn't it just give it the **** money instead of annexing and rebranding it?

Whilst the Hyde stuff isadmirable, the rebranding and stuff does seem to be taking advantage a bit, and a bit of jumping up and down and shouting "look how generous we are!"

Teehee, even though they were without 'their big guns' Man City lost 2-0 to Sporting CP today in the New York Challenge.

Boy, that masterstroke of bringing Platt and Lombardo into the coaching staff has had early success I see.

I can't wait til it all goes tits up, I wonder who will pick the team this season? How long will Mancini last if they start losing games? Who will be next on the managerial merry-go-round? How many games will Fat Barry and Miln£r play for the "Elite Squad"?

Â