Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who they signing now!? Some Serbian left back? £16M?

The deal would take City's summer spending to £75m, after signing David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng.

Doesn't even make sense calling the Reserves 'Elites'. The Elite, is the creme de la creme, the best... which the reserves clearly aren't because if they were they wouldn't be in the Reserves.

Still, the whole thing is painfully funny.

Meanwhile, look what they have done to Hyde United's ground, I believe this is where their "Elite Squad" play.

http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2010/July/Hydepic01.ashx

Complete lack of respect to Hyde United IMO.

I know Hyde will have probably received a large sum of money from the Elite Squad for this which will no doubt benefit them, but even so, this is their ground, it should be their identity and if I was a supporter of theirs I would not be happy to see the identity of some other club plastered over it.

Yeah, that rumour has been around since the world cup ended. It just rams home how vast Manchester City's resources are, doesnt it? If they are prepared to drop £20m on a player who will be 32 and a half before he makes his competitive debut then what chance do the rest of us have? They will get what, two seasons out of Drogba at most? One of them possibly disrupted by the Africa cup of nations.

I read somewhere this morning of a possible team they would play:

Given

Boateng, Kolo Toure, Lescott, Kolarov

Yaya Toure-Barry-Milner

David Silva-Tevez-Adebayor

That team really does not strike much fear into the heart to be honest.

maybe no stars but if worked together could be a great team. Look at Chelsea 2004 their team wasnt the best on paper and wouldnt strike fear into teams except Robben and maybe Duff

And it's the depth that they are getting that probably means they'll be pretty consistent. So even if they aren't carving teams open like 1970's Brazil, they'll probably keep their relatively high standard for the whole season.

Â