Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first part of your post I could see happening as I don't think he is a CL quality player and making a big impact in that competition is what City really need to be doing. He is a very good PL player though.

Not sure he'd come back to Villa though although I'd love to see him back.

his efforts in the Champions League fell well below what was expected..  

to be slightly fair to him he did get a group with runners Up Dortmund and Semi Finalists Madrid  .. though they should arguably have done better v Ajax

his efforts in the Champions League fell well below what was expected..  

to be slightly fair to him he did get a group with CL winner Dortmund and Semi Finalists Madrid  .. though they should arguably have done better v Ajax

fixed :P

Edited by momo

I'm hoping the new manager doesn't like Milner so he can finally come back to VP.  :D

This crossed my mind as well. Don't see it happening, though. I can't see us paying the fee they'd want if they decided to offload him and he would very possibly have his sights set elsewhere. Such as another club where he can maybe win things and get paid top end money for it, which is why he went in the first place.

We can't come close to his wages and we aren't likely to be winning anything of note for a few years yet.

He's failed 2 years in a row in the CL now, I can see the excuse for this year (Dortmund and Real).. But last year, they should have got out of that group.

It was still a tough group though! Bayern, Napoli and Villarreal. They also got 10 points - which is usually the threshold. United did not get through that year and their group was Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati...

It may be unfair, in my opinion he deserved to be sacked. When you spend that much, you shouldn't be judged by rational expectations.

Edited by Cizzler

He's failed 2 years in a row in the CL now, I can see the excuse for this year (Dortmund and Real).. But last year, they should have got out of that group.

It was still a tough group though! Bayern, Napoli and Villarreal. They also got 10 points - which is usually the threshold. United did not get through that year and their group was Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati...

It may be unfair, in my opinion he deserved to be sacked. When you spend that much, you shouldn't be judged by rational expectations.

Agree that it was still a tough group, but City are better than Napoli and should have qualified.. Mancini has done very well to destroy some of our coefficient rating...

There's quotes online from man citys former kitman saying how mental mancini was, team meetings were always at 10.59 or 11.01 as he believed starting on the hour was bad luck, banned the colour purple after the 4-2 defeat to villa in the lc, cus they warmed up in purple tracksuits before that game and thought it was a bad omen and let balotelli smoke in the changing room. Same interview said that when baloteli was subbed and stormed down the tunnel it wasn't cus he was upset at being subbed, he just couldn't wait to have a smoke

anybody see the Pellegrini interview yesterday. Was nothing short of harassment from the Sky reporter as Pellegrini seemed like a nice guy taking time for photos and autographs from fans

There's quotes online from man citys former kitman saying how mental mancini was, team meetings were always at 10.59 or 11.01 as he believed starting on the hour was bad luck, banned the colour purple after the 4-2 defeat to villa in the lc, cus they warmed up in purple tracksuits before that game and thought it was a bad omen and let balotelli smoke in the changing room. Same interview said that when baloteli was subbed and stormed down the tunnel it wasn't cus he was upset at being subbed, he just couldn't wait to have a smoke

Link please?

Â