Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind City myself. It is the new City fans that I detest. They are of the same breed as the plastic Chelsea fans that started following them after Abromavich. Hateful, vile little so and so's. I would be embarrassed to have them support Villa.

I know what you mean in that respect; I take my little sister sister to home games, and some aways. By and large CoMS is fairly away fan-safe, which Maine Road was anything but! That maze of alleyways must've been hell for a visiting fan

To be honest I never had an issue at Maine Road although now what you mean about the alleyways, in those days I always found City fans pretty decent. My experiences of CoMS haven't been so positive I'm afraid even if the environment is far better.

My season ticket at City is just to the right of the away fans in the corner, I love the banter and some great people around me. I'm 19 so I'm fairly new to the away game lark, done 9 since last season. thankfully I missed the bad old days in that respect and I haven't seen anything actually kick off when I've gone away.

Did you have it in the same place last season? If so you might have seen the people around you throwing stuff at us in the away end.

Kolarov is a brilliant player but last year he played centre midfield and left wing for Lazio and was more effective. Think he should be pushed forward. He has always been tipped as the new Mihajlovic(lazy journalism= Serb+left footed+good free kicks) but dont see him as effective as sweeper

Dzeko had a good game vs Wolves but has struggled to adapt with Silva and Tevez

Kolarov is a brilliant player but last year he played centre midfield and left wing for Lazio and was more effective. Think he should be pushed forward. He has always been tipped as the new Mihajlovic(lazy journalism= Serb+left footed+good free kicks) but dont see him as effective as sweeper

Dzeko had a good game vs Wolves but has struggled to adapt with Silva and Tevez

Kolarov was left midfield/attack on Saturday. He was very good.

• 1 month later...

Milner..

And it did not require the recent turmoil at the Midlands club to confirm it.

"Who knows what has gone wrong there," he said of the Villa turbulence.

"It is obviously gutting for me because I loved my time at the club and want them to do well.

"But I definitely made the right decision joining City. I moved to the club to win trophies and play in the Champions League and we're still on course for that.

"We are also in the semi-finals of the FA Cup so I am delighted.

"We didn't get too caught in all the 'Can you win the league?' talk.

"It is always tough moving teams but I am feeling more at home the longer I am there."

Didn't know where else to put this but I just read an article on Dean Ashton. He said that Shaun Wright Phillips didn't even call him after he announce his retirement. Personally I thought that was disgusting behaviour from him.

Didn't know where else to put this but I just read an article on Dean Ashton. He said that Shaun Wright Phillips didn't even call him after he announce his retirement. Personally I thought that was disgusting behaviour from him.

Am I missing something here? What's the connection between Ashton and SWP?

Yeh SWP broke his ankle very badly on England training and that basically led to other injuries and effectively ended his career.

Yeh SWP broke his ankle very badly on England training and that basically led to other injuries and effectively ended his career.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

You'd think SWP would at least call to wish him a good retirement or something.. he didn't have to really say sorry, as these things happen in football and the tackler isn't always to blame - but some sort of courtesy call to aknowledge it would have been good.

Â