Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I can't begrudge City though. As much as I hate the free spending and hoarding of players, at the same time I would laugh myself senseless to see them move ahead of United in the standings. United fans everywhere would be in therapy for months!

I couldn't disagree more to be honest I have gonr more pro man u

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't begrudge City though. As much as I hate the free spending and hoarding of players, at the same time I would laugh myself senseless to see them move ahead of United in the standings. United fans everywhere would be in therapy for months!

I couldn't disagree more to be honest I have gonr more pro man u

Me too, you can hate a club for success that's mostly jealousy, but at least Man Utd built a club for success, Man City and Chelsea have built nothing just bought.

Some people say Randy has done something on a smaller scale, its wrong, I dont think we've bought 1 player above out stasus just done it more quickly.

I kind of agree Oaks, but by the same token, I dont really think Chelsea bought anyone above their status either.

No one was joining Chelsea who wouldnt have probably joined them anyway had a transfer offer been accepted for them.

Man City on the other hand...

They will never be as big as united. Never. It's laughable to even suggest it.

Short of their squad dying in a plane crash then winning the champs league a few years later. Over 19 league titles and a global presence only Madrid and Barcelona can compete with then no they won't.

Certainly for them to get remotely near will take 30 years or more

With the Poznan celebration, when Poznan did it, didn't City sing What the **** hell is that?

And to think ITV still persist on showing it in slow-motion from seventeen different camera angles. Possibly the most embarrassing video in football.

Chelsea weren't as bad for the reasons posted, they weren't going from Samaras to Tevez etc....at least the Chelsea transfers were as people said, players who would go there anyway. I.e if they had £20 million to spend and bid for Essien, I'm sure he'd of moved there anyway as Chelsea were a good club. They bought the likes of Duff, G.Johnson etc...Man City went from Vassell to Robinho.

I much prefer Man United anyway, although maybe it's cause I'm younger but I can't really remember them ever spending these sorts of amounts of money. I've seen them spend money on Anderson/Nani etc..but generally, they don't seem to spend THAT much more than other teams, they just bring teams through and their money is from the success they gain.

Obviously though, I can't comment much before 2000.

unfortunately, nothing will stop them now, the only thing holding them back was qualification to the chump league, now they are there they can offer the same as manu, chelsea, arse, barca, and the rest of them, only they will pay 2x or more to get the players to go there, and we all know that players only loyalty is to money, tis just another reason why we as Villa will never win the league, or anything else for that matter, i fooking hate Mancity.

I dont really think Chelsea bought anyone above their status either.

Matt Harding begun the process I'd say. Gullit, Mark Hughes, Vialli, Lebeouf, Zola and Di Matteo had never gone to Chelsea had it not been for a huge wad of cash. Remember, they replaced Stein, Furlong, Spencer and the like, thats a fair jump in talent over night.

Matt Harding begun the process I'd say. Gullit, Mark Hughes, Vialli, Lebeouf, Zola and Di Matteo had never gone to Chelsea had it not been for a huge wad of cash. Remember, they replaced Stein, Furlong, Spencer and the like, thats a fair jump in talent over night.

I'll be honest, I can't remember that far back.

I'll be honest, I can't remember that far back.

Chelsea are in the (unique?) position of having two extremely wealthy sugar daddies who have been prepared to throw obscene amounts of money at them. Matthew Harding and Roman Abramovich.

Before Harding came along Chelsea were basically what Fulham are today. In fact, they were probably worse, Stamford Bridge was an utter shithole and Chelsea got gates of about 15k for home games. They got less than 10k on several occasions (A couple of my mates went down there with Coventry City when Glenn Hoddle was Chelsea manager and the crowd at Stamford Bridge that day was 8900)

It's annoying when people thing Chelsea are different to Manchester City because they really arent. Their business model is virtually identical, have more money than everybody else because you have an extremely wealthy benefactor, and spend that money like it is going out of fashion. The only real difference is that Chelsea did it twice.

People who hate on Man City are really hating on the nouveau riche, they just dont know it.

And it turns out Harding was a Sheffield United fan too.

I hear his last words were "Come on you **** Blades!!"

One of my favourite jokes evarrr...

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah but he has missed about 3 already which will probably be backdated to go with the summer so expect him back by August/September

Backdated to March. Yaya must be gutted as he only joined Citeh to play in the same team as his brother and definately not for the £220k/week.

Â