Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to my previous comment on Johnson, I think he is a good player, don't get me wrong. Just that I don't think he will be as good as some sections of the media are reporting.

Is it not the same as Joe Hart in fairness. He had a couple of good games and has been declared England's greatest goalkeeper since Banks by some sections of media

I'm sick to death of hearing how **** brilliant Adam Johnson is. How long has he played well for? 6 months?...and he gets straight into the England side. Ashley Young has been consistently brilliant over the space of 3 years and has never been given a decent chance for England never been talked about the way Johnson is being talked about on TV and in the papers. All because he plays for Man City, it's a joke.

When Adam Johnson has performed consistently well over 2 or 3 years I'll say he's as good as people seem to think he is, personally I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Young and never will be.

rocket polishers.

I'm as much of an Ashley Young fan as anyone but to say he's been "consistently brilliant over the space of 3 years" would be stretching is a bit for me. Equally, I've seen him play in an England shirt and be pretty awful too. Sure, he's not had many chances to impress Capello in matches but he's been in plenty of squads and therefore trained a lot with England and you can bet, if Capello had been impressed, he'd have played him a lot more.

For my money, I think AJ is a great wee player. Maybe slightly over-hyped at the moment but when I think that we had the chance to buy him but MON insisted we got DJ instead........... :cry:

Young was the best wide player in the league for 2 years running and had outstanding seasons. Since then he's been man marked and double marked in a lot of cases, which affeceted his form for half a season or so. Since then he's come back strong and played very well again, despite the extra attention.

Young was never given a fair crack for England, he may have played the odd 20 minutes here and there, but was never given enough time to show what he can do, not for a player as good as him. Capello just didn't fancy him.

To be fair to Johnson, he's played well enough to get into the England squad, but his form no way warrants him being picked over Young, he doesn't deserve to be picked ahead of Young IMO. When he's played as well as Young has over a sustained period, I'll change my mind, but I think he'll fade away as defenders get wise to him.

I too don't rate Johnson as highly as the media do. Just don't get it. He's decent and makes things happen, but only against the poorer teams IMO. Watch him go up against a decent full back and he does nothing whereas Ash constantly terrorises nearly every player he comes up against. And if not, then he puts in a very good cross. Johnson does neither and Young is constantly triple marked and teams focus on players other than Johnson when he plays for both England and Citeh.

Sorry guys, Johnson is a superb player. Everyone knew this before we bought DJ and everyone knew we were getting the wrong winger at the time. I honestly believe we would have tried for Johnson but Boro had other stuff lined up for him when we were enquiring.

Ash is excellent but doesn't do it for England and spends too much time on the deck, plus he's lost a bit of confidence required to skin defenders.

forget johnson, some people are having second thoughts about milner already.. one city fan even said his only worth £8m and another said there is no room for him in the squad really is laughable :lol:

I am sure I could have told them he is not worththe circa £26m it amounted to but if they don't want him I would welcome him back to villa park in a hurry

forget johnson, some people are having second thoughts about milner already.. one city fan even said his only worth £8m and another said there is no room for him in the squad really is laughable :lol:

I am sure I could have told them he is not worththe circa £26m it amounted to but if they don't want him I would welcome him back to villa park in a hurry

We're not fickle, we just don't like the new breed of Man Citeh fan

I reckon if city don't finish 4th/get a champ league spot... Mancini Out!

Even if they finish 4th I think he could be out. The amount of money they've spent it's the least they should be hoping for, especially considering how weak Liverpool are again this season.

I reckon if city don't finish 4th/get a champ league spot... Mancini Out!

He could be out by Christmas.

I remember a certain James Milner saying he enjoyed it at Villa because of the stability of having one manager... :lol:

Well done Baggies! (Now just beat Arsenal and Man Utd for us.. then we can beat you in the final)

This will be Mourinho's next challenge when he gets turfed out of Madrid in the Summer or leaves of his own accord.
I seriously hope not.

I don't think he'll got to Man City though. Mourinho only seems to go to the top top clubs now and the only place in England I can see him going is Man U.

I honestly believe he will. They will pay him all the money in the world and lets face it they could do something like a Chelsea if he gets there. He seems to be able to motivate all the players and have them playing as a team rather than the individuals they currently are.

I seriously hope I'm wrong as well because he could make them an unstoppable force. Mancini does not have a patch on him.

Â