Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

94 league goals this season - apparently more than any other side in Europe's top leagues (thanks Sky).

But they "need a striker" :D 

They'll beat it next year.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They **** up the Champions League but they are relentless in the league.  And now have the South American player of the year and Ivan Drago to fit in to their squad next year.  

Edit. Just realised who they remind me of. Not just Haaland. They are the equivalent of Ivan Drago if he was a team.  Just powerful and relentless but devoid of personality.  I just cannot warm to them.  Nothing to do with jealousy or Grealish. They just do not pull at any heartstrings even when playing in Europe. Just so efficient . A Bentley rather than a rally car. 

Pep is right when he says everyone wants Liverpool to win. Not because they love Liverpool but because most are indifferent to Man City. 

Can’t agree with the bold, I want Liverpool to lose, to wipe that smug look off Klopp, to shut up the media and of course the “best fans” in the world. 

• Like 1

I can handle Liverpool because if Villa had been successful like Liverpool and had been watching prime Suarez Coutinho Alonso Torres and Crouch i would be as annoying as they are. 

Watching Man City win 5 nil and seeing their fans politely applauding as scoring shit loads of goals gets a bit boring after a while is what does my head in. They are just so boring. The Leona Lewis of football . 

• Like 1

The other factor for me is that Liverpool might be incredible at the moment, but it won't last. When Klopp leaves, they'll probably go through a tricky period and could well fall out of the top 4.

Remember that City were the last PL team to sign up for the super league, because they didnt need the money. With unlimited oil wealth to burn through, whatever happens they will continue to dominate (until Newcastles own oil wealth kicks in and allows them to challenge)

24 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

The other factor for me is that Liverpool might be incredible at the moment, but it won't last. When Klopp leaves, they'll probably go through a tricky period and could well fall out of the top 4.

Remember that City were the last PL team to sign up for the super league, because they didnt need the money. With unlimited oil wealth to burn through, whatever happens they will continue to dominate (until Newcastles own oil wealth kicks in and allows them to challenge)

So you’re saying we need more of those anti oil protests cuffing their necks to the goals! 

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2022 at 14:09, villa4europe said:

You think city do it on purpose to try and keep us in check? 

Cos i think that's madness, at the start with say Barry I can see it, did it to arsenal too, but now with grealish? You think they bought grealish to stop our momentum? I dont buy that, I'm nowhere near buying in to that 

So what if they didn’t do it “on purpose”?

Hypothetically…

If you were suited and booted and tried to go to a job interview for the job of your dreams… but some word removed just so happened to “accidentally/coincidentally/definitely not on purpose” run you over with their 4x4 and then go on to win a Nobel Peace prize, be fawned over and have smoke blown up their arse for how amazing they were…

If that were to happen… over and over… over a 15ish year period…

And it was that exact same bastard that did it every single time…

Sorry pal…

I’m not buying it that it’s just a coincidence…

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

94 league goals this season - apparently more than any other side in Europe's top leagues (thanks Sky).

But they "need a striker" :D 

and the 100 million superstar signing contributed to 5 of them goals....It says it all

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'd rather Liverpool win the league the next five seasons in a row than for Man City to ever win so much as the League Cup ever again.

Liverpool may be insufferable, but City are plastic, tinpot and destroying football in this country

NO NO NO NO 

City are a shit on football but in the last 3 years the Liverpool fans have turned up from nothing to explain their dominance of 3 trophies

They all magically disappeared for a few weeks when we smashed them 7-2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep Boring. Boring kit, boring stadium boring players.

I don't find them boring. Sure, it's boring when they beat up on the likes of Norwich, but when they are playing a peer, it's usually a good match. They are capable of breathtaking football. De Bruyne, in particular, is not boring. He's the best attacking midfielder in the world.

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Liverpool may be insufferable, but City are plastic, tinpot and destroying football in this country

Like most, I find City's dominance worrying...we don't want the PL to turn into a one team league like the Bundesliga. Talk about boring! That said, I don't believe that City's dominance will last forever. Under Mansour's ownership, they won a couple titles before Guardiola got there, but they were not dominant and winning every year. Guardiola has made them dominant, but he won't be there forever, and when the time comes to replace him, City won't necessarily get the right man for the job. Money combined with judgment usually wins...money by itself doesn't. Manchester United has money but is a shambles. 1990s AC Milan, with Berlusconi's billions and 70,000+ season ticket holders, had money but eventually lost its dominance. The history of North American sport is full of examples of big money teams making bad decisions and getting nowhere. City isn't going to revert to being a near-yo-yo team, but could easily revert to being big-but-not-dominant after Guardiola is gone. And beyond losing Guardiola, City could also lose its owner at some point. Chelsea is losing Abramovich, and who's to say that the next owners won't be like the Glazers at Man U? Chelsea may be about to revert to a lower level. At City, who's to say that Mansour won't get bored, or won't have to sell the team because of some geopolitical event?

One last observation, about Haaland...I am someone who buys the theory that either he will have to change or City will have to change. If they play Haaland as an out-and-out-forward, they won't be able to overload midfield like they currently do (let's face it, they essentially play a 4-6-0). If they try to fit him into their system, he may not be as effective. Do I like that they're able to add maybe the third best striker in the world (after Lewandowski and Salah) to a team that has won 4 of the last 5 titles? No, but don't assume that it will work out. Look what has happened to Grealish.

5 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep Boring. Boring kit, boring stadium boring players. Thats why Jack was bought by them to give a personality to the team. And still they are boring. A cottage pie of a football team . 

They’ve even made Jack boring

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

NO NO NO NO 

City are a shit on football but in the last 3 years the Liverpool fans have turned up from nothing to explain their dominance of 3 trophies

They all magically disappeared for a few weeks when we smashed them 7-2

THIS!

I detest everything about Liverpool, their fans (some should have been aborted with the amount of crap they come out with) the Manager, i would love to smash him in the mouth. Arrogant word removed and always see him busting his chops to the 4th official when a decision that is correct goes against his team, made me chuckle when Conte went back at his remarks on Spurs style of play. Players, Salah and Mane should be a shoe in for Gold and silver at the next Olympics, failing that an Oscar for their acting! 

If they win nothing else this season i will be a happy man, they win the 4 and i take a baseball bat to the office, shine it up real nice, turn the SOB sideways and shove it right up the word removed i work with, because he will be unbearable like all the rest of their fans.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

THIS!

I detest everything about Liverpool, their fans (some should have been aborted with the amount of crap they come out with) the Manager, i would love to smash him in the mouth. Arrogant word removed and always see him busting his chops to the 4th official when a decision that is correct goes against his team, made me chuckle when Conte went back at his remarks on Spurs style of play. Players, Salah and Mane should be a shoe in for Gold and silver at the next Olympics, failing that an Oscar for their acting! 

If they win nothing else this season i will be a happy man, they win the 4 and i take a baseball bat to the office, shine it up real nice, turn the SOB sideways and shove it right up the word removed i work with, because he will be unbearable like all the rest of their fans.  

Digging the Rock reference 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Apart from KDB, Bernardo has been their player of the season.  I'd be offering him a new contract if I was City.

Haaland will need to adapt his game playing for City.  Until now he's played in a counter attacking teams where he has space to run in behind, he won't have that kind of space with City as most teams sit deep against them.  Only time will tell, but along with his injury issues, there is every chance Haaland could flop at City.  

I'm sure they will but he was pretty keen to leave last year. Although suppose they managed to convince him to stay once and probably can again

Surely being a Man City fan or player must feel a bit like playing FIFA or Football manager on cheat mode…. Not actually that fun or rewarding and gets boring quickly?

Like great you win a title… but I mean it’s almost a given you’re going to win it regardless, then surely it gets a little stale and dull after. 

30 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely being a Man City fan or player must feel a bit like playing FIFA or Football manager on cheat mode…. Not actually that fun or rewarding and gets boring quickly?

Like great you win a title… but I mean it’s almost a given you’re going to win it regardless, then surely it gets a little stale and dull after. 

It's like playing FM on the easiest difficulty with the unlimited money cheat on, and still being incapable of winning everything. I'd be very frustrated if I were so incompetent.

Â