Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Sorry which goal was Hart at fault for? Isn't Torre the third highest scorer in the Premier League this season. Man City should just use his as an attacking midfield player. They have other players that can do the donkey work.

I assume villa89 is suggesting the first goal, (he can correct me if im wrong)? He was in no mans land but I thought Kompany was at mainly at fault for that, and all of Liverpool's goals.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry which goal was Hart at fault for?

The first one. Raced off his line for no reason (as he so frequently does) and ended up hiding behind Kompany leaving an open goal for Sterling. He should have stayed on his line and let Kompany close the angle, instead he made it easy.

Edited by villa89

I wouldn't go as far as to say he made it easy for Sterling, it was a brilliant bit of football to create the space for the goal but yes, Hart was probably at fault. Definitely not a howler though. 

Didn't think there would be a scenario where I'd actively want city to win the league but if Chelsea can't do it then come on manuel please save us from the inevitable Gerrard knighthood and jizzathon

• Like 4

It's not over yet!

Man City play Sunderland and WBA at home next, surely six points for them, which leaves them at 76 points - 1 behind Liverpool with the same amount of games.

If Chelsea beat Liverpool they are above them, and even a draw will make City go past Liverpool and Chelsea. If Chelsea beat Liverpool, Man City will finish in front of Chelsea with Pool in third IMO. The only problem is that Chelsea have Atletico Madrid in the Champions League before and after this game, having the second leg at home only three days after Liverpool.

Man City have to play Everton away a week before the seasons ends, other than that they have a pretty easy schedule ahead of them.

I hope City sneak it, they do deserve it because they have played awesomely this season and they have gone far in both cups and also had to play Barcelona in the Champions League. Liverpool, for all the great victories they have had this season, have gone out of both cups and didn't even play in the Europa League. It's their luckiest shot, and they don't deserve it.

It all boils down to Jose Mourinho and his priorities. If Liverpool win that game they are just a stumble away from winning the league, but a draw or a Chelsea-win will see the title go elsewhere.

Won't be enough for Chelsea that, they will finish on 85 points so City will be even ahead if they lose to Everton and win their last 4.

What has messed Chelsea up is having Liverpool inbetween the Atletico games, think it's 3 games in 6 days for them so no chance for example Eto'o will start all three.

And they won't be winning away to Liverpool with Torres or Demba Ba upfront.

I must be the only one on here who'd prefer Liverpool to win the league ahead of Chelsea. The Chelsea fans I know have been unbearable the last few years plus you know Mourinho would be with his no strikers mantra.

If Chelsea avoid a loss to Liverpool it will all be in the hands of City. I don't mind if one of those two win (Chelsea/City), we can just say it's down to the money and that's that. Man City have very few douchebags in their team, at least in my opinion, so it wouldn't be the end of the world. Seeing Suarez, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard et al lifting the trophy would be a travesty. Please don't make it so Mourinho...

• Like 2

Milner was quality yesterday. Honestly I'm bemused by people who just have him down as a workhorse, yes when he plays out wide his crossing is inconsistent and he on occasions shanks crosses into the crowd but we saw when he played for us his touch and close control was actually pretty good, look at his part in the Silva goal yesterday.

God we've missed him since he left, him leaving and not being replace effectively hurt us much more than MON going imo as we still beat West Ham very comfortably with him in the team a few days later.

We miss that sort of player in the middle so badly.

• Like 2

Joe Hart is shit.

On another note a post like this come on. Joe Hart was poor earlier this season but he took his dropping and refocused and I think he's been pretty solid last few months.

I thought his reflex save from the Gerrard header yesterday was outstanding, one of the best saves I've seen this season.

On the other hand, my friend Mingolet flapping all over the place in the Liverpool goal, was lucky not to concede at least one goal from that. This players is nowhere near the standard of a title winning keeper.

Â