Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

he plays for AZ Alkmaar for a reason and its not because he's good or class or world class its the complete opposite.

picard.gif

What about Rasmus Elm, hmm? Adam Maher's looking quite the talent. Pontus Wernbloom got snapped up by CSKA Moscow. Even Beerens and Moisander could probably do a decent job at a higher level.

Going back further, let's see; you've got Stijn Schaars, he got snapped up by Sporting Libson. Sigthórsson won himself a move to Ajax. Héctor Moreno moved to Espanyol where's he's doing a decent job. Romero, the Argentine national #1 was at AZ last year. Further back still there was Jeremain Lens (now at PSV), Dembélé at Fulham and El Hamdaoui who also went to Ajax.

Joris Mathijsen made a name for himself at AZ, they were Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's second ever club, oh but my favourite one (and you'll like this); one Phillip Cocu came through the youth ranks at AZ. They were his first professional club.

In summary; stop talking pork.

isnt 'Cule' the French word for 'arse'? tells you all you need to know...

No I think it's just spelt Cul. But I can see where your coming from.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome on board, Brett.

hope you're ready for a bit of booing first time you play and cahnts of "You don't know what you're doing" if McLeish brings you on as a sub .

Probably best to stay away from the message boards as well.

I will also remind the fickle one's who slag MCleish one minute and the next want him to stay on.

You can remind us now if you like, just for future reference.

My name of course will not be included as once a manager is employed by Aston Villa they have my full support. Especially considering Villa have amassed five points in three games with one goal conceded; I like to look on the positive side and say things are slowly improving.

This thread is a perfect summary of Villa fans attitudes. It's a free signing. Let's face it, hardly any of us really know anything about him. If he went to Wigan or something (i.e. any team including a shit team) everyone would be saying "why is it we never sign these players when they're available, we don't even have money for wages blah blah blah" and then if we do sign someone it's "McLeish is shit, [signing] is shit, what does this say about our club, Lerner out, waste of money cos of wages blah blah". Literally I don't think either of them can win.

I am no fan of McLeish, but seriously this is getting ridiculous

This thread is a perfect summary of Villa fans attitudes. It's a free signing. Let's face it, hardly any of us really know anything about him. If he went to Wigan or something (i.e. any team including a shit team) everyone would be saying "why is it we never sign these players when they're available, we don't even have money for wages blah blah blah" and then if we do sign someone it's "McLeish is shit, [signing] is shit, what does this say about our club, Lerner out, waste of money cos of wages blah blah". Literally I don't think either of them can win.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

My sentiments entirely

And to that regard I welcome Holman and any of our future signings whoever they may be.. Personally anyone thinking this is a risk or a waste on a "shit" player just look back to Ashley Young. We paid what? £8 million for a Watford striker that was not proven to be the least bit good in the Premier League.. Guess what he was one of our best wide players and now plays for Man United.. Now I'm not saying Holman will be playing for Man United in 2-3 years, but that the guy could easily be a Villa great. Give him a **** chance..

Not too sure about the Ashley Young comparison. It was clear the lad was a very talented youngster and the club did really well to snap up for £8M.

This signing is a bit different. He looks worryingly crap on youtube.

Ahhh youtube. Every scouts main tool.

Not too sure about the Ashley Young comparison. It was clear the lad was a very talented youngster and the club did really well to snap up for £8M.

This signing is a bit different. He looks worryingly crap on youtube.

Ahhh youtube. Every scouts main tool.

Ahh, well, people are very dismissive of youtube. I wouldn't base any firm views on a compilation of clips, but you can get a good idea of the general level of a player. I find I can anyway.