Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

Your only pissed off with this signing because it was Alex McLeish who signed him.

Well said and you've got to the root of the real issue with that comment.

Facts are Holman looks a decent player who has experience of International football, CL and is currently playing for a team who has a very good chance of winning their domestic league trophy. This could very well be quite an astute signing indeed.

Yeah i know it kinda reminds me of the ZIDANE we signed from Togo to !! GOOD ONE

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your only pissed off with this signing because it was Alex McLeish who signed him.

Facts are Holman looks a decent player who has experience of International football, CL and is currently playing for a team who has a very good chance of winning their domestic league trophy. This could very well be quite an astute signing indeed.

Yeah i know it kinda reminds me of the ZIDANE we signed from Togo to !! GOOD ONE

Dear oh Dear.... Holman's played at a higher level than Salifou.... Togo is a COMPLETLY diffrent football nation to Austrailia... Oz are nearer to Portugal than Togo... we have a gap on our wings... we have fixed it with signing Holman, I'm reserving judgement until he's played 15-20games not 1 or before he's even got into the shirt.

Yes plenty of us don't want Mcleish here but don't rip on signings before they have even played for us.

The most significant and disappointing thing about it is the fact that Mcleish lloks likely to remain with us which is something I guess I knew anyway but had hoped deep down would not happen

this for me, hi ho we just gotta hope he turns out good for us as he is sticking around

Its really nothing like it.

he plays for AZ Alkmaar for a reason and its not because he's good or class or world class its the complete opposite.

picard.gif

What about Rasmus Elm, hmm? Adam Maher's looking quite the talent. Pontus Wernbloom got snapped up by CSKA Moscow. Even Beerens and Moisander could probably do a decent job at a higher level.

Going back further, let's see; you've got Stijn Schaars, he got snapped up by Sporting Libson. Sigthórsson won himself a move to Ajax. Héctor Moreno moved to Espanyol where's he's doing a decent job. Romero, the Argentine national #1 was at AZ last year. Further back still there was Jeremain Lens (now at PSV), Dembélé at Fulham and El Hamdaoui who also went to Ajax.

Joris Mathijsen made a name for himself at AZ, they were Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's second ever club, oh but my favourite one (and you'll like this); one Phillip Cocu came through the youth ranks at AZ. They were his first professional club.

In summary; stop talking pork.

Holman plays for a team top of the Dutch division and playing in Europe. Salifou played for a second tier Swiss team.

There is a massive gulf in the quality of football that they've played at.

he plays for AZ Alkmaar for a reason and its not because he's good or class or world class its the complete opposite.

picard.gif

What about Rasmus Elm, hmm? Adam Maher's looking quite the talent. Pontus Wernbloom got snapped up by CSKA Moscow. Even Beerens and Moisander could probably do a decent job at a higher level.

Going back further, let's see; you've got Stijn Schaars, he got snapped up by Sporting Libson. Sigthórsson won himself a move to Ajax. Héctor Moreno moved to Espanyol where's he's doing a decent job. Romero, the Argentine national #1 was at AZ last year. Further back still there was Jeremain Lens (now at PSV), Dembélé at Fulham and El Hamdaoui who also went to Ajax.

Joris Mathijsen made a name for himself at AZ, they were Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's second ever club, oh but my favourite one (and you'll like this); one Phillip Cocu came through the youth ranks at AZ. They were his first professional club.

Haha. That is emphatic!!!

picard.gif

Then you've also got players such as Gregory van der Wiel and Jan Vertonghen at Ajax who are two hot properties at the moment.

Holman was also named Australian Writers Player of the Year for 2011 which is quite an accolade considering they've done very well of late as an International team.

Welcome to the mighty Villa Brett, I know absolutely nothing you so will hold judgement until you're settled in and have played a number of games for us....

P.s. if you can aim a few balls at the ginger clearings in the woods head in training it would be appreciated.

Welcome to the mighty Villa Brett, I know absolutely nothing you so will hold judgement until you're settled in and have played a number of games for us....

P.s. if you can aim a few balls at the ginger clearings in the woods head in training it would be appreciated.

Which one of the gingers are you referring to?!!!!!

and if im honest i suppose it does come down to the fact its a typical MCleish signing. Im sick to death of MCleish even his face pisses me off when ever i read a topic about him.

I don't care what anyone says its only downhill from here and there is a lot of people here who are fickle simply because people want him sacked one minute then because of a fluke win its oh we don't mind him now and give him a chance etc.

picard.gif

isnt 'Cule' the French word for 'arse'? tells you all you need to know...

Taking everything in to account, this guy sounds like a pretty good signing. In fact, I've had my fill of O'Neill's legacy, and can't wait for our current squad to be dismantled. Looking back at just how much Aston Villa FC have been taken for a ride, by such shambles on ridiculous money, has (along with Man City/Sky TV) just about killed off my love and enthusiasm for the game in general.

No, the more I think about it the more I want more signings like Brett Holman, the club definitely needs more signings like him and maybe, just maybe, we may just have a team that actually wants to play for the club - I just want to see players that want to represent us with pride and passion and signings like Brett will do us no harm whatsoever.

Good signing, well done to all those concerned - welcome Brett.

VTID.

picard.gif

isnt 'Cule' the French word for 'arse'? tells you all you need to know...

It's also a nickname for Barca fans to. And last time i checked (I know its only been in the last 5 years) But were doing pretty well ;)

and if im honest i suppose it does come down to the fact its a typical MCleish signing.

I'm curious; please can you define the qualities and attributes that make up a "typical MCleish [sic]" signing and detail specifically how Holman fits into this category.

the success of Barca was irrelevant to the point Gareth was making about you being a football snob on AZ/Eredivisie

LOL ok well when a majority are moaning next year then i,ll remember this conversation.

I will also remind the fickle one's who slag MCleish one minute and the next want him to stay on.