Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news is probably going to upset Albrighton.. He's got into the first team consistently for the first time in his career and he's now looking at the signing of an International/Champions League calibre player that just so happens to play in his position. Poor kid..

I'm not having that, Jenas was the quintessential Villa signing we have all come to love. On loan, overpaid and seemingly made from brittle sticks. Months getting match fit, runs on to the pitch, falls over almost at once, out for the season, while we pay his wages and ease another of Droopy the Dawgs White Hart lane worries.

It's exactly that kind of ruthless business acumen and scouting savvy that has enabled us to achieve the dizzy heights of being 15th.

Not being an actual Aussie I take little interest in the "socceroos", so can't offer any fresh insight I'm afraid.

And unfortunately I can't see this raising Aston Villa's profile in Australia either :( Aussies don't take much interest in footballers, apart from Cahill, Kewell and to a lesser extent Schwarzer.

But welcome to Aston Villa, Brett Holman, whoever you are.

Gutted that it means mcleish is staying and gutted that this is the level of player we now attract under mcleish and Lerner.

At 27 its hardly like we've unearthed potential.

He's probably better than albrighton so we should be better. A 14th place finish next season then.

He will work hard just like his fellow Aussie Chris Herd. He's not the marquee signing that we would have been hoping for a couple of seasons ago, but times have changed and so have our aspirations.

I can see why AM has gone for him, but it does seem to indicate that a BCFC blueprint has been dusted off and rolled out for next season.

This news is probably going to upset Albrighton.. He's got into the first team consistently for the first time in his career and he's now looking at the signing of an International/Champions League calibre player that just so happens to play in his position. Poor kid..

Maybe this signing will give this Poor kid a kick up his arse and get him to preform better

lol, people still moaning. He's not here to light the prem on fire. He's here to fill in when needed and maybe add some competitiveness to the squad.

We only have 2 proper wingers so we need another one

Exactly, Albrighton is getting into the team way too easily ATM despite abject performances, and a lot of that just seems due to no major competition at his position.

Will this guy offer major competition?

Plus look on the bright side, the last transfer we announced with an extensive time lapse before the player actually rolled up, was Edna Stevens. While he has not torn up any trees on the playing side as yet, I am led to believe his uncle did a really first rate job re-tarmacing the managers drive.

We only have 2 proper wingers so we need another one

Exactly, Albrighton is getting into the team way too easily ATM despite abject performances, and a lot of that just seems due to no major competition at his position.

Will this guy offer major competition?

Well if he can cross the ball and not connect with any players in the box then yes, he is already at the point where he can compete for a spot.

People seem insistent that AZ are letting him go, what's this based on? Of all fanbases we should know after Barry and Young that you can want somenoe to stay however much you like but its in their hands if they sign. I doubt they are having a party about him leaving for a free to Aston Villa.

From an AZ forum (bad translation):

Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha what a hoot this, holman the village idiot to the premier league, I think is there expected that a ball can normally fit, not every ball 20 meters shooting and mentally a bit resilient are, this is a big failure with that wimp

Beautiful club for Brett, and he certainly fits with his play in the Premier League, now the coming months with AZ close the season well. Champion so.

Differing opinions.