Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

Gutted that it means mcleish is staying and gutted that this is the level of player we now attract under mcleish and Lerner.

At 27 its hardly like we've unearthed potential.

He's probably better than albrighton so we should be better. A 14th place finish next season then.

Talking about something you don't know about shocker.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have signed a player his own fans refer to as "the village idiot"?

It might work, perhaps he will be able to distract the marauding incisive central midfielders of our opposition with his homespun barely comprehensible chatter, thoughtfully chewing on a peace of hay whilst wearing a smock and large hat before toppling very slowly backwards off a farm gate or dry stone wall?

You have to give it to Alex, he's thinking outside the box.

This news is probably going to upset Albrighton.. He's got into the first team consistently for the first time in his career and he's now looking at the signing of an International/Champions League calibre player that just so happens to play in his position. Poor kid..

Poor kid? This isnt school where everyone gets to play. Hes been shit for some time now and we have only two senior wingers.

he's not exactly farfan or even hoilett who IMO would be better bosman signings if thats his position, but its low risk and low wagesso it might work, he's got to be better than heskey FFS so every cloud and all that

i dont see why mcleish staying is surprising people

Hmmm. clearly didn't cut it at feyenoord and got farmed to two bollocks dutch teams before going to AZ where they don't seem to arsed about keeping him even though they are on for the champions league this year. my fear of the dodgy bosmans similar to rangers seems to be starting. probably irelands replacement. the next one will be olic in for bent as the wage bill gets slashed. worrying times ahead

Didnt cut it at Feyenoord? He was 17 then ffs. And i read AZ are skint, and why would he not chose PL over Holland at this stage of his career.

he's not exactly farfan or even hoilett who IMO would be better bosman signings if thats his position, but its low risk and low wagesso it might work, he's got to be better than heskey FFS so every cloud and all that

i dont see why mcleish staying is surprising people

Hoilett is not free, tribunal would set his fee and its not going to be a low one.

AZ are absolute skint had to sell all their players in recent years and will again in summer.

Holman sounds like a decent player, played most league and european games in a decent team and though not expecting him to be Arjen Robben I expect he will do a decent job. From profile he seems like a Dirk Kuyt type grafter which isnt bad. 2 World Cup goals isnt to be sniffed at either

Villa Rob said -

To be fair George, we were saying similar of Barry, Young and Downing etc. Fans get bitter when players leave. Looking at the stats above it's not like he has not performed for them.

Oh I was bitter when those players left but I wouldn't say anyone really thought they were hopeless and possibly married to their cousin.

We shall give Brett his chance I imagine, it's just all rather underwhelming, I'd have been happier if they had given Carlos and his patchy facial hair of wonder, a new contract.

However if Brett does a Roger Johnson and turns up for training with a flagon of scrumpy, a buxom bar wench and his brand new Baby Bentley combine harvester, he better take care, I mean Gabby will have the lass knocked up in about 14 seconds for a start.

What kind of player is he? Who would you compare him too?

Are we going to do a Levante and sign up loads of cheap freebies? (which wouldn't be a bad idea given our current financial predicament).

Any idea what wages he is on? Around 35k I'd guess.

On FM2012 he is on 6.25K a week

On Treasure Island, he is on 3 'pieces of eight'. Jesus **** Christ... :cry:

People seem insistent that AZ are letting him go, what's this based on? Of all fanbases we should know after Barry and Young that you can want somenoe to stay however much you like but its in their hands if they sign. I doubt they are having a party about him leaving for a free to Aston Villa.

vqt7ab.jpg

This season for AZ

Apps: 29

Assists: 9

Goals: 6

Where are those stats from?
Wiki. They include League, Cup and Europey League.
Wiki lies.

Holman Stats 2011/2012

[table]

[mrow]Competition[mcol]Appearances[mcol]Goals[mcol]Assists

[row]Eredivisie[col]23[col]4[col]10

[row]KNVB Cup[col]3[col]0[col]0

[row]Europa League[col]9[col]2[col]2

[row]Europa League (Qualifiers)[col]2[col]0[col]1

[mrow]TOTAL[mcol]37[mcol]6[mcol]13

[/table]

People saying "McLeish must be definitely staying": not necessarily. Lerner is hardly going to stop the manager from making Bosman signings because he's about to be sacked is he? Wouldn't do much for morale. Doesn't mean however he hasn't/isn't at least considering getting rid.