Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might not be a bad thing if it were cancelled if possible, he looks crap.

That's a bit harsh.

I actually had a funny feeling he'd do well for us and would like to see him here. Maybe he is crap but i'd like him to have a chance to prove himself.

he's been one of the leading players for the socceroos for the last couple of years. i think he's exactly what this team needs - a no nonsense aussie winger - seasoned and a bit less of a nancy boy than many we have currently in our squad - certainly not one that's gonna get onto the pitch and sulk...

the diggers in the premier league in recent times have all been positive contributors to their squads - emerton, cahill, kewell, schwarzer, herd... i think holman will be great for us...

UTV

According to a lot of papers, Australian sports pages too, Holman is "anxiously waiting to find out who his new manager will be at Villa"

Nothing to say he has walked away from the deal/the deal has been cancelled.

According to a lot of papers, Australian sports pages too, Holman is "anxiously waiting to find out who his new manager will be at Villa"

Nothing to say he has walked away from the deal/the deal has been cancelled.

He agreed to come to the club when ALEX MCLEISH was manager! Who the hell can come in that would be so much worse it would put him off the deal?

A few people speculated the deal might be off, but I certainly never saw any real proof of that. There have been plenty of instances where managers have signed players then left before even working with them and I've never heard of a transfer stopped because of it. At worst I'd imagine the new manager would loan him out or sell him, but I expect he'll be around.

Only a guess but I would have thought he signed for Villa and not Mcleish.

I'm not sure about this signing but after living in Oz for 9yrs what I can say is that no Aussie I know wouldn't give his all, if he has the ability then he will succeed so if the new manager likes what he sees then we should give him our support.

Somehow we (the fans) need to now come together and stop this bad feeling that the last 2 seasons have caused, Mcleish and Heskey are gone that should be enough for us to celebrate and get back to the happier times of being a Villan.

I'm not sure about this signing but after living in Oz for 9yrs what I can say is that no Aussie I know wouldn't give his all

never watch Harry Kewell at Liverpool ;)

lol fair enough, I was in Melbourne a few months back and watched him "play" for Victory, I swear he never broke a sweat and it was 30c+!

I know he (Holman) has played many times for Australia but honestly I can't recall him which is why I have my doubts but he has played CL which is more than any of the rest of our weak squad has.

Maybe for once we have found a bargain.