Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will open this post by admiting that, apart from the link Daniel has hasl kindly posted, I've never seen anything of him before.

Now, though everyone has there 15 seconds of fame. in this thread the general consensus is that the guy will run all day and give his all but lacks skill or technique.

That showed no lack of either.

Very good game of him! Stunning beautiful goal. Did you saw that moment from Martens, at the sideline? Thats drooling stuff...

To bad Maher was abit to hungry. Didnt perform well. Still think Valencia will go through though.

Been watching the AZ game and Holman has looked really good tonight, can't wait to see him in a villa top next season.

UTV

Same here. Admittedly it's the only game I've seen him in this season but from what I saw he looks like an excellent signing.

Watched the game last night, he was pretty impressive. Great goal, great assist for the second goal.

One thing is sure he will run and run and run. What a **** engine on this guy! He never stood still, always on the move. Sure his technique let him down a few times but that never stopped him from trying.

Played on the left (wing) of a front three. Is right footed, but used his left quite well, assisted the second goal with his left.

Next season he will be the villa player covering the most miles, no doubt.

As Mantis said, can´t wait to see him in a villa shirt. I think he will be a fan favourite. If he can play this good against a top side as Valencia he is absolutley good enough for us.

Also had a look at Simon Poulsen, danish left back we´ve been linked to. He is availible on a free transfer this summer. Looked decent enough going forward, but a bit suspect in defence. Got caught out a few times. He is quite a big bloke. Not sure on this one. If he could sharpen up in defence, maybe a positioning thing? But if we are cutting back wages and could let Warnock go and bring in this guy on lesser wages I´m all for it, IMO he is no worse than Warnock.

Been watching the AZ game and Holman has looked really good tonight, can't wait to see him in a villa top next season.

UTV

He will need a few games to get used to the pace of the premier league.He always gives his all for the Socceroos.