Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

I think Lambert is waiting for the young lads to work their scones off and show they can hold their own. Anyone can see their talent but we dont have the luxery of talent alone, right now.

Lazy players- Bent, Ireland have been discarded for hard working players a la Weimann and El Ahmadi.

As soon as the youngsters show that desire they will be in. I'm pretty sure.

• Like 1

I will hazard a guess these lads are desperate to play first team football for Villa and I doubt their desire is the reason they are not in the team.

You mean the same desire that Delfouneso, Moore etc showed.

Having desire and showing desire are two different things. I hope you are right though. The talent is there.

Scored today,

Got a rollicking from his coach at half time, who said he's got to play better and score some goals.

Beat three challenges and scored in the second half.

Good sign.

Also got an assist. 

Potentially better than Westwood? Needs to score a bit more at that level.

So we have him and Grealish out on loan that can take players on, drive and get at the heart of a defence and we have NOBODY here who can do that? Get them back and stick them in. 

I do find it puzzling that Carruthers hasn't been recalled especially as we lack his type of player. In his brief taste of first team football he didn't look out of place so he's worth a place on the bench.

• Like 1

I don't understand people wanting to rush players in.

Lambert gets slaughtered for signing League One players (rightly or wrongly - it's irrelevant) but then fans want to see our own youngsters go straight into the first team after impressing where?

Oh yeah, League One.

• Like 1

Lambert gets slaughtered for signing League One players (rightly or wrongly - it's irrelevant) but then fans want to see our own youngsters go straight into the first team after impressing where?

Oh yeah, League One.

Or he could have used our kids instead of buying all these League One players and spent the money on some more solid players to balance it out better.

• Like 4

Oh yeah, League One.

What about using our `youngsters' as backup and bringing them on as substitutes in lieu of Bowery or Holt or Tonev to give them a taste of first team experience.

Â