What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

50 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Just started Gran Turismo sport on the PS4 with a driving seat.

I love driving games.

Its so much easier with a wheel,  all the driving aids are now off except a mild bit of ABS.

Did the Nordschleife in 7:40 (ish) in a grp 3 Mazda so far (with the wrong gearing so 170 max speed) .  

That track is terrifying, unforgiving but brilliant.  I will go online soon,  once I am ready.

GTSport is absolutely superb. Favourite racing game ever

• Thanks 1

Doesn't have the RPG-esque elements of a full GT game though does it? 

Buy a banger, win the first race series, buy a better exhaust, finish 2nd in the next race series, strip some weight out, win that series, win a rear wheel drive car as a prize so go off and do the RWD series...im not in to racing games but **** me the proper GTs are like crack 

• Like 2

On 06/08/2020 at 18:42, villa4europe said:

Doesn't have the RPG-esque elements of a full GT game though does it? 

Buy a banger, win the first race series, buy a better exhaust, finish 2nd in the next race series, strip some weight out, win that series, win a rear wheel drive car as a prize so go off and do the RWD series...im not in to racing games but **** me the proper GTs are like crack 

No it doesn’t. It’s a purely multiplayer racing “sim”

It does have single player stuff but it’s not amazing. 

But in terms of the pure racing gameplay it’s the best ever. 

• Like 1

Won my first Fall Guys game last night - was fortunate with the rounds, I had whirly gig and dizzy heights, both of which I've played tons of and never seen to be eliminated on, the football one where two other beans decided to defend with me and made it quite an easy win, got a bit lucky with the gate one, hung back a little and took first place when the front runners smashed in to the wrong gate and I didn't, then grabbed the crown in the finale after having a really good run up the hill - two guys ahead didn't time their jumps right, missed it, I didn't. Hooray! 

Fall Guys is very fun but also infuriating. but I guess that's the point.

Haven't managed to win one yet but got to the final round a few times so should come soon I hope.

The See Saw one is my rage one. It's fun but you're so reliant on everyone else it gets very annoying. But in a fun way.

The rotating platforms that you have to stay on is the worst. Boring.

Slime Climb is mine. Haven't cleared it ONCE yet. I believe there's a patch today which adds one or two new rounds to the rotation.

I love how you really need skill and pans of luck to win. You could have smashed the first two rounds, then get to a team round, and despite your best efforts, you're done.

A part of me wishes they'd patch in a proper team version, or maybe a pick / vote the round version...but it really is quite elegant in it's simplicity. You play, you usually lose, that's it.

On 13/08/2020 at 15:24, hogso said:

Slime Climb is mine. Haven't cleared it ONCE yet. I believe there's a patch today which adds one or two new rounds to the rotation.

I love how you really need skill and pans of luck to win. You could have smashed the first two rounds, then get to a team round, and despite your best efforts, you're done.

A part of me wishes they'd patch in a proper team version, or maybe a pick / vote the round version...but it really is quite elegant in it's simplicity. You play, you usually lose, that's it.

I hate team rounds. I’d happily have them removed. Nothing worse than having a great round yourself but you’re on a team of window lickers who don’t know what they’re doing 

• Haha 1

I echo the above. Downloaded FG yesterday and had a blast playing it. Infuriating but also fun. See-Saws can go to hell though.

The team rounds can suck ass depending what your team is like. I usually get placed with muppets and get eliminated through no fault of my own.

I’ve mastered all the early round obstacle courses now although seesaw took a while.

Is it R2 to grab the crown?  Wasn’t applicable to my winning around as it was the one where you have to survive on the layers of disappearing hexagons.

I’ve been screwed over a couple of times by having a shit team but conversely I’ve also piggy backed through on a team despite doing eff all myself.

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’ve mastered all the early round obstacle courses now although seesaw took a while.

Is it R2 to grab the crown?  Wasn’t applicable to my winning around as it was the one where you have to survive on the layers of disappearing hexagons.

I’ve been screwed over a couple of times by having a shit team but conversely I’ve also piggy backed through on a team despite doing eff all myself.

Yeah it's R2. When I got up there I didn't even realise you had to actually grab it, or that it going up and down mattered. So I just jumped into it and fell down like an idiot.

The team games are shit. The football one isn't too bad as at least you have an influence. But stuff like the tail grab one. Literally all you can do is make sure you have a tail. You can't influence the game in anyway.

I don't think they should be in there at all to be honest

Sent back Death Stranding and put Assasin's Creed Odyssey for my next game (Boomerang Rental)

Yesterday they sent out my 2nd choice Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Bit gutted as was looking forward to Odyssey. Anyone played Fallen Order? Any good?

@wilko154 I was enjoying it but never finished it. FF7R came out as I was playing and it got benched for that. Never got round to picking it back up again but I will at some point when I've got more gaming time available. At the moment it's filled with pick up and play games that fill the half an hour I can grab (MW, Fall Guys, Borderlands 3, Madden)

35 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Sent back Death Stranding and put Assasin's Creed Odyssey for my next game (Boomerang Rental)

Yesterday they sent out my 2nd choice Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Bit gutted as was looking forward to Odyssey. Anyone played Fallen Order? Any good?

Fallen Order is great.  Obviously enhanced if you like Star Wars.

Odyssey is good but it’s absolutely huge.  Not sure how boomerang rental works but I assume that would give you a limited time with the game?

57 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Fallen Order is great.  Obviously enhanced if you like Star Wars.

Odyssey is good but it’s absolutely huge.  Not sure how boomerang rental works but I assume that would give you a limited time with the game?

Sounds good then, I put it on my list as the reviews looked good.

With Boomerang you pay a fee and can keep the game as long as you like. I’m on the £3.99 a month package, normally finish a game within a month but I’m not too worried if it rolls into the second month on occasion.

Fallen Order is very good. It's basically Uncharted x Dark Souls lite. You can see it's a bit proof of concept in places, and where the corners were cut to get it released, but the fundamentals are good. A sequel has a lot of potential.

• Like 1

Â