What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 19/08/2020 at 18:33, dubbs said:

Mortal Shell.  Started it today.  Similar to bloodborne and the souls games and its just as solid!! Definitely one @Designer1 and @Chindie should take a look at!

Watched quite a bit of game footage and a few reviews.

It looks interesting enough and I'll definitely pick it up. The only thing I would say is that if you (or anyone for that matter) is interested in this type of game and haven't played them, then just get DS1-3. 

37 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Watched quite a bit of game footage and a few reviews.

It looks interesting enough and I'll definitely pick it up. The only thing I would say is that if you (or anyone for that matter) is interested in this type of game and haven't played them, then just get DS1-3. 

I noticed that Dark Souls Remastered is £13 in the PSN store at the moment - seems like a good price for it so I'm going to add that to my library soon.  Definitely want to concentrate on Mortal Shell before starting on anything else though. 

Edited by dubbs

Madden 21 trial

New lick of paint, loads of features that I can't see, game modes that I don't play and superstar skill nonsense that I always switch off 

Same old madden then... 

The biggest difference I can see is that it's got easier, especially RB

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

You weren't **** kidding! 😀

And people complained about Bloodborne having long loading times.   I've got a chance to make a drink whilst this is loading 😂.

However it's not bad.   The different shells help you determine what type of player you'll be.   The parry mechanism takes some timing,  but when you do it there is an opportunity for a particularly heavy hit. The harden ability can also be a life saver.  Also if you die and return to the place you died once you've respawned, you can collect all the items you lost.  It also regens your health which is particularly useful if you died in a hard fight.

Edited by dubbs
additional information

On 16/08/2020 at 22:07, Wainy316 said:

Finally won on Fall Guys!  Self actualisation achieved.

Best I've come overall is 2nd so far. I've won 1 race I think and come 2nd a few times. It's a game of luck really. Slime climb I haven't even finished yet (same spot gets me every time, the rolling logs)

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

These ‘grab’ games on FG are pissing me off now. I’m losing my tail when the other guy is nowhere near me, yet when I’m right by someone and I press R2 I don’t get anything. 

Yep. It's very annoying. Although I've found you have to press R2 a lot earlier than you perhaps realise. 

I've gone back to playing The Witcher 3 – I was on my second playthrough because my girlfriend loves to watch me play and she'd never seen it before. I'd also never completed the Blood & Wine DLC first time round as I got distracted by other games.

When I stopped playing last (mainly due to The Last of us Part II) I was just starting Hearts of Stone, so I'm about halfway through that at the moment. I've got some annoying bugs that have stopped me from completing quests though. I think I read that CD Projekt Red have come out and basically said they can't fix some of them, which is a bit disappointing. I'm talking specifically about the Wolf Armour treasure hunts, and there's one in the Hearts of Stone DLC that's bugged and won't give me a diagram I need to complete a quest. I think I read somewhere that they're fixed on NG+, but there's no way I'm going back and playing through from the beginning anytime soon. I would have done that on my second playthrough, but unfortunately my PS4 wiped all the save data so my second playthrough is actually starting from scratch.

I've also been playing Hollow Knight on my Switch, which took a bit of getting used to initially (it was really due to not having a map in the first area and getting bored because I couldn't find the bloody cartographer) but I'm properly into it now. It's a great little game and looks gorgeous.

Then there's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 to look forward to. I'm also about halfway through Ghost of Tsushima, but I'm honestly a little bored with that one.

Edited by Ginko

10 hours ago, Ginko said:

I've gone back to playing The Witcher 3 – I was on my second playthrough because my girlfriend loves to watch me play and she'd never seen it before.

Where do I find a girlfriend like this?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Anyone play Ps4 Gran Turismo online.  I want to race someone.

I am almost 50,  I am such as child at times 😀

New Steering wheel setup to test.

I haven't played GT online for ages but I do really enjoy the game.  I've not got a wheel but I find the controller setup using motion control works well too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I haven't played GT online for ages but I do really enjoy the game.  I've not got a wheel but I find the controller setup using motion control works well too.

I am much faster and smoother with a wheel.  It's amazing fun as well with and I do a lot better with the pedals and wheel timewise.

I did a 4 lap race of the Nordschleife  with tyre and fuel stop's,  it was so brilliant to do.

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am much faster and smoother with a wheel.  It's amazing fun as well with and I do a lot better with the pedals and wheel timewise.

I did a 4 lap race of the Nordschleife  with tyre and fuel stop's,  it was so brilliant to do.

To be fair I don't have the room for the kind of setup which you've got but it sounds brilliant. 

I wish I had the time to play the game more tbh.

• Thanks 1

Â