coda

That ballboy is a dick. Rolling around pretending to be hurt after looking up and making sure the game had stopped.

It looks like Hazard is trying to kick the ball out from under the kid, but just catches him a little.

I can see Hazard getting in trouble for this, even though I don't think it was that bad.

Loved this comment on the Guardian though:

Excellent performance by the ball boy. As soon as he felt the initial contact he’s entitled to go to ground there. Then expertly shielded the ball and intelligently drew the foul from Hazard. Left the ref with no other option. 
I’ve seen enough of the ball boy to think he could do it in Europe. Just hope Swansea can hold onto him.

Hazard clearly just kicked the ball as you see it squirt out from under the boy on the main match angle. He was trying to get on with play. The card should be cancelled and the whole thing forgotten about - anything else just plays into the hands of some attention-seeking chav and encourages similar bullshit in future.

1358986728030.gif

This is pretty conclusive, Hazard clearly just toe-poked the ball from under him, if he'd made contact with the kid the ball wouldn't have popped out like that.

It doesn't mean his shin didn't hit the lad in the ribs. 

This whole Hazard business. He toe pokes the ball from under a little scrote of a ball boy (17 by the way) who was wasting time and then fakes an injury. People talking about common assault and prosecution. People need to get a grip. I even think the 3 match ban for a straight red is harsh. On the radio this morning they had a guy from the game who said that the Chelsea player had "booted a young boy who had fallen on the ball". Really wound me up.

• Like 2

Here's my verdict.

First of all, the ball boy is a little bastard. It's unacceptable to do that sort of shit, and if that had been a Bradford ball boy against us we'd all be furious. He was obviously trying to waste time both before and after the kick.

Secondly, Hazard is stupid. However I think it's pretty obvious he was trying to kick the ball and not the kid. He's just stupid for not realising that he would hit the kid (or not caring) and not realising the fuss that would cause as a result.

Ultimately, if the ball boy wasn't such a little scrote and did his job properly, none of it would have happened

• Like 2

The poor kid was bending down to pick up the ball when Hazard shoved him to the ground (on top of the ball) and then kicked him right in the ribs... at least that's the version of events I'm sticking to around Chelsea supporters today :D

Edited by villaajax

It doesn't really matter what the ball boy did. The ball boy could have run up to Hazard and slapped him in the face for all it matters. Hazard has a resposability not to react and let the ref deal with it and add time on. He will ge a pretty lenghty ban.

Here's my verdict.

First of all, the ball boy is a little bastard. It's unacceptable to do that sort of shit, and if that had been a Bradford ball boy against us we'd all be furious. He was obviously trying to waste time both before and after the kick.

Secondly, Hazard is stupid. However I think it's pretty obvious he was trying to kick the ball and not the kid. He's just stupid for not realising that he would hit the kid (or not caring) and not realising the fuss that would cause as a result.

Ultimately, if the ball boy wasn't such a little scrote and did his job properly, none of it would have happened

Pretty much where I'm at with this

Edited by AVFCforever1991

If Hazard had kicked out like that at another player - even if the other player was, like the ballboy, being a dick - he'd be sent off and banned.  

Well actually, no he wouldn't at all. He got the ball, so i don't think it owuld even be a foul :)

• Like 1

Â