coda

John Terry has confirmed Lampard will be leaving. Madness from Chelsea not keeping him.

If Lampard is asking for a 3 year contract on 175k a week are Chelsea still mad for not keeping him?

No one knows what Lampard is demanding so it's hard to say it's madness from Chelsea.

If Lampard is asking for a 3 year contract on 175k a week are Chelsea still mad for not keeping him?

No one knows what Lampard is demanding so it's hard to say it's madness from Chelsea.

All we can do is guess that on the face of it it seems madness by Chelsea. I don't doubt he's asking for a big payday. It's doubtless his final career contract. But he still has an awful lot to offer. And as (I think it was ...) Paul Walsh said on Soccer Saturday. Maybe they could give him £100k p/w and a £75k appearance bonus which could give him what he wants on the weeks he plays. While he moves into maybe a player/coaching role.

But as you say, it's all speculation as to the numbers involved. Regardless, someone is going to get themselves a very good player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Milan or someone similar for a year. It'd be a damn shame to lose him to the MLS at this stage of his career.

Why the hell is Terry breaking this kind of news?

Not sure on the numbers Lampard is after but you just know it'll come back and haunt them. There was talk last week that SAF wanting to bring him in (and Cashley Cole). I'd actually quite like that (for some reason).

I'll be happy to see the back of Lampard, hopefully Terry isn't far behind.

Terry yes agree with, but is lampard that bad?

Too me it's very strange that he is going, every time he gets back into the side proves his worth... Could actually see mourinho getting him for the last couple of yrs, but that depends on where he (mourinho) ends up!

Why the hell is Terry breaking this kind of news?

Not sure on the numbers Lampard is after but you just know it'll come back and haunt them. There was talk last week that SAF wanting to bring him in (and Cashley Cole). I'd actually quite like that (for some reason).

did you not know Terry is Mr.Chelsea and runs that team.

tell you what if Fergie did that be 2 brilliant pieces of business as Lampard would make the midfield stronger especially as think Scholes retiring again at end of season and Cole is an absolute major improvement on the ball watching waste of space Evra

Improvements I agree, but very expensive improvements.

I think Buttner is the future for Man Utd's left back position. Considerably cheaper than Cole and with far more years ahead, he's already played a handful of games and has looked pretty good in each.

Lampard is still a fantastic player but even taking a 100k a week paycut, that's still a lot for a player who you'd only want to use every other game, and even then not for the full 90. In terms of offering experience on the training ground, etc.. I think the Man Utd youngsters would gain a hell of a lot more from Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand, who've been at the club for years, than someone who's just moved up from league rivals for a last payday.

Chelsea aren't crazy to let him go IF he wants to keep the wages he's currently on. IMO they're completely right to let him go.

However, if the rumours are true that he's offered a £100k paycut, then Chelsea ARE mad to let him go. You won't get many better players than Lampard for 50k a week.

But has anyone considered that Lampard might not want to stay? There have been rumours for at least a year that he wants to go to the MLS or China. My money would be on one of those being his destination.

IF Lampard has offered to take a 100k per week paycut, then that suggests he does want to stay, does it not?

But you are right, everyone is assuming this is Chelsea's decision. I think if I was a 30-something millionaire I might fancy a couple of years playing in USA, China or Saudi Arabia.

Funny that everyone is saying they're stupid for letting Lampard go, I've not heard a huge amount of talk about Ashley Cole ... arguably one of the best England left backs in recent years.. I think that shows what a magnificent servant to the club, and ambassador, Lampard has been.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Thing is, Lampard's missus is all over the TV at the moment. Not sure she'd be happy to leave the country when her career is doing so well. I could see Utd making a cheeky £1m/£2m offer this window for him.

IF Lampard has offered to take a 100k per week paycut, then that suggests he does want to stay, does it not?

Yeah, sorry I should have added that I don't believe that to be true. I don't think he would offer to take what must be around a 70% paycut. And I don't believe if he did that Chelsea would turn it down.

Thing is, Lampard's missus is all over the TV at the moment. Not sure she'd be happy to leave the country when her career is doing so well. I could see Utd making a cheeky £1m/£2m offer this window for him.

She might have ambitions of "breaking" America

Â