coda

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Players could so easily pay for the flight if they cared to. Wouldn't even make a dent in their daily salaries.

Why do players need to fly anyway? Surely there are more green ways for them to travel? 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Why do players need to fly anyway? Surely there are more green ways for them to travel? 

You're right - 3 hours by Train from that London to Middlesbrough. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

No doubt. But the aim surely is to get them there in a way that gets them the best possible opportunity to perform. Private jet beats the bus in that regard. 

(Almost) no one cares enough about the environment to make changes that makes life uncomfortable for themselves. And certainly not the football industry.

1 minute ago, sne said:

(Almost) no one cares enough about the environment to make changes that makes life uncomfortable for themselves. And certainly not the football industry.

Going to away games in that London, several times coming back up to where I live in the North West of England I've been on the same train as other football clubs - Blackburn Rovers, Man Utd. etc, if they've had a game in London on the same day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Going to away games in that London, several times coming back up to where I live in the North West of England I've been on the same train as other football clubs - Blackburn Rovers, Man Utd. etc, if they've had a game in London on the same day.

Don't doubt it, doubt they did it to save the environment thou.

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Didn't Utd recently fly from Manchester to Leicester? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

You're right - 3 hours by Train from that London to Middlesbrough. 

I would imagine British rail fares are outside of their imposed travel budget per game.

British rail fares may have been outside of their previous travel budget for games!

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Compare the travel requirements of MLS teams. They have it easy peasy in England. 

PL players also get to play on grass instead of plastic carpets :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Didn't Utd recently fly from Manchester to Leicester? 

They took a train but Fernandes ears and Maguires head were sticking out thats why was some confusion

• Like 1

Â