coda

41 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Isn't there another Saudi fund that want to buy Chelsea?

There is - some sort of Saudi media group. 

The weird one is the debt, there seems to be very little talk about it - Abramovich put the club on sale for £3bn with a promise to write off the £1.5bn debt it owes him. Generally, everyone else seems to think that the club is worth about £1.5bn and that he was pricing in the return of the debt.

If the government sell it for £1.5bn and don't let Abramovich take any of the proceeds, where does that money go? If they then simply take the debt away, where does that money go?

If there's someone out there that gets Chelsea for market value and the UK government writes off the £1.5bn debt they have then there's no wonder there are such a number of suitors.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something to watch further:

Mr Abramovich was granted Portuguese citizenship in April 2021 under a law that offered naturalisation to descendants of Sephardic Jews, who were expelled from the Iberian peninsula more than 400 years ago during the Inquisition.

Applicants for Portuguese citizenship via this route are assessed by experts at one of Portugal's Jewish communities in either Lisbon or Porto. Mr Litvak is the rabbi for the community in Porto (northern Portugal) and was responsible for assessing Mr Abramovich's application.

Mr Litvak was detained by authorities as he was preparing to travel to Israel. He was asked to hand over his passport and will have to periodically present himself to authorities.

Portugal's Judicial Police and public prosecutor said on Friday that there were suspicions of money laundering, corruption, fraud and falsification of documents in the process of of granting citizenship to descendants of Sephardic Jews.

I will laugh my bill***s off if that arrogant twut Candy and his bro buys the club. He is not cash rich, so will have to borrow the money, an they will turn into a standard team with him. No more £100m players.

But he won't anyway it's all flash.

I bet there’s some nervous clubs wondering if they’re getting the next instalments of player transfers, Inter maybe? I doubt Chelsea paid all £100m for Lukaku in 1 go as it’s normal for all clubs to spread transfer fees over several years.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I bet there’s some nervous clubs wondering if they’re getting the next instalments of player transfers, Inter maybe? I doubt Chelsea paid all £100m for Lukaku in 1 go as it’s normal for all clubs to spread transfer fees over several years.

They still owe 71 million apparently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Its like how Lazio ended up then Inter will just take some players to make up the cost. In this case probably Lukaku back as its his dream 😂

Just now, Zatman said:

If Its like how Lazio ended up then Inter will just take some players to make up the cost. In this case probably Lukaku back as its his dream 😂

Haha true, “sell” him back for £71m and everyone is happy!

Â