"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

Even with the 10 point deduction they will probably finish higher than when Mcleish was managing them

:lol: 3rd place when your manager of Rangers, how is that even possible :crylaugh::crylaugh:

theyre still 9 points clear of third.

No you misunderstood me. When McCleish was manager of Rangers, they finished 3rd. Look at the scottish league table from 2006.

Now say Rangers do get hit with the full penalties by the HMRC and Sir Craig Whtye reckons the total bill would be around £75m obviously the club would go into liquidation it just means that the Scottish football

Sir Craig Whyte? I think you mean Sir David Murray???

It seems that Murray for years and years was running a business that cheated HMRC. So I ve been paying for the pleasure of this and Portsmouth.

Great

Now say Rangers do get hit with the full penalties by the HMRC and Sir Craig Whtye reckons the total bill would be around £75m obviously the club would go into liquidation it just means that the Scottish football

Sir Craig Whyte? I think you mean Sir David Murray???

It seems that Murray for years and years was running a business that cheated HMRC. So I ve been paying for the pleasure of this and Portsmouth.

Great

the sir Craig Whyte bit was sarcasm.

No you misunderstood me. When McCleish was manager of Rangers, they finished 3rd. Look at the scottish league table from 2006.

But whatever you do, don't look at the wider context of that particular campaign.

Even with the 10 point deduction they will probably finish higher than when Mcleish was managing them

:lol: 3rd place when your manager of Rangers, how is that even possible :crylaugh::crylaugh:

theyre still 9 points clear of third.

Only a point difference :winkold:

But whatever you do, don't look at the wider context of that particular campaign.

no excuses

no excuses

When did excuse become a synonym for surrender ;-)

Losses of 29m, 30m and 33m in consecutive year

Wreckless financial management of a football club

Sound familiar ?

No, not really, what you are getting at is not similar at all, it would only be similar if HMRC had been running Rangers

I know it's a tax bill

But under David Murray they were all at sea financially which will have been a factor here

Actually they weren't they used a device to avoid tax that they thought was legal. What doesn't seem to have been said by many at the moment, is that this is very much a test case. Rangers were by no means the only club to use this tax dodge to pay players.

Those losses were posted to companies house

Almost 100m losses over 3 years. Fact

Are you saying that is not Wreckless ??

I'm saying that if the person that owns the company is also its major creditor then that is entirely different.

no excuses

When did excuse become a synonym for surrender ;-)

What happened in that campaign. Being manager of one of the Glasgow giants and only being 3rd is poor. There is no excuse for it, injuries happen, they still shopuld have had enough to be top 2.

Some Premier League clubs to follwo Rangers?

Eight Premier League sides are in danger of going into administration as HM Revenue and Customs widen their tax probe, according to Wednesday's papers.

The Sun reports that the tax authorities have launched investigations into the clubs, which like Rangers used Employment Benefit Trusts to pay foreign players. The money is paid tax free into an overseas account, resulting in the player saving 50 per cent tax - so long as they do not draw out the money until they leave the country at the end of their contract.

HMRC have now declared war on the tax dodge, however, opening the floodgates for a number of actions similar to that being carried out at Rangers.

"Rangers may be the tip of the iceberg," football finance expert Dr Chris Brady told the paper. "EBTs became popular with clubs as a means of reducing crippling wage bills. We believe at least eight current or former Premier League clubs are being investigated."

The Daily Record carries fresh allegations about Rangers owner Craig Whyte's behaviour, alleging that £9 million of income tax collected from employees' salaries via PAYE has been kept by the club. It is this, the paper reports, that prompted HMRC's court action on Tuesday to hurry Rangers into administration

The key part being "The Sun report" so probably BS but at least we can dream one of the 8 are small heath :D

Â